groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Creative team - take a bow. That was a masterly move by Santosh. I was most impressed with that.

It is one thing for the women to come together verbally but now they are converting the words into action. Excellent.

As it is Ammaji is at sixes and sevens. Joginder continues to rant and rave about killing Sia. When will he ever change?

The men of the village still suffering from ' we must keep our women under lock and key' syndrome.

Ammaji's acting superb and Gajendar is up against a wall.

Come on creatives don't do the obvious thing and get him out. Let us for once see some realistic action.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nice post πŸ‘ ! I watched the episode yesterday after a long time. I applaud the CVs for presenting a very realistic, socially charged topic as marital rape; Sheila chacchi & Santosh's reactions were also very well shown.. but unfortunately, I have little faith in a meaningful resolution for this track. My gut says that the Ammaji's nemesis trio will rear their ugly heads & Gajji's crime will be swept under the rug yet again as Ammaji & Sia both battle to fight them. As usual the CVs have have introduced a new track without a proper resolution to the prior track(s) (Jhoomar's death, Dheeraj's leaving, Amba's arrest, Santosh's affair etc, etc, etc). As for Jogi, his mind only works in favor of his mother--its a strange sort of Oedipal complex ...no other woman comes before or after her. He is consistently shown in this regard, much to our great dismay 🀒.

Basically, I think the CVs have no clue how to handle women's issues & the sensitivity needed to present them. They skim the surface & then abandon the storyline when more can be done to present them in depth. Having worked in women's affairs & studied sociology, its disappointing to see that these situations that affect millions of women are taken so lightly. Take a risk, CVs, with this current track & actually show how a woman can & does achieve victory over her perpetrator--the intelligent audience will thank you & the TRPs will speak for themselves...
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Groucho-i know santosh has been one of those characters on the show who has shown lots of promise on the courage front.that is why we at IF named her durgesh nandiniπŸ˜ƒ.it is one of those rare times when i want to applaud the cv's on job well doneπŸ‘.the villagers as u said live in the paleolithic era and their brains have not evolved so have to treat as they are brainless b*****🀬. for jogi, words seems to be not enough , all the gaalis........🀬
ammaji acting has always been too good. the way she looked at jogi when he said killing sia is the only option left was too goodπŸ˜†
Edited by sang_hari - 14 years ago
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yesterday epi --- v...Good.... yes thanks for santosh she lock gajji... so he now jail............ πŸ‘
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@sang_hari

I am very much in agreement with your comments and I also agree with Nandalala. The issues faced by women even today specially in rural areas are just something that one likes to sweep under the carpet.

My issue with the serial is that don't use fiction when you want to and reality when it suits you.

At least on Television show the guts to effect a change in some of these mindsets and who knows like some other characters seem to affect some viewers strongly, a strong decision and message also might bring about small changes and that is a beginning.

We already have shady characters waiting in the sidelines who want to take revenge on Ammaji's whole family so go in with your guns blazing and sort out the Ganjendar issue before embarking on another matter.

Half way house on issues do not a good serial make AND this serial is doing well, the viewers are happy what more do you want??

Keep up the good work and show us some more spirit, justice and resolution of issues.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I really commend Santosh for locking up lampat in the room and for coming and telling the truth in front of the Police. She knew very well that her stupid dhongee husband could punish her very well later.
But the guts shown by her is an eye opener. Hope the women rise up to the fact that they are human beings too and entitled to every rights and duties.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
santosh has always been one very courageous lady..no matter how much she has been tortured jogi and ammaji havent succeeded in killing her spirit and thts what makes her diff frm the other ladies..i mean a husband like tht rat-bas***d jogi is enugh for anyone to either commit suicide or turn murderer..yet she lives thru the day wid a smile on her face..outstanding woman she is..am still hoping for an annullment track..high hopes tho,i know...
ananya2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ammaji..i s all time....super..for her..Acting..............
Yaa.......Now..Santash....is........just...wonderful job...............
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i was surprised & happy by her courage 2 tell the police that she locked up gajji bcoz she atleast never had said anything even against jogi who earlier used her2beat her!!! thank god 1st amba let her out her "bhadas" by giving her rite 2 slap him back and then sia gave her so much confidence & support & made her aware abt her rites!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘