What were the creatives thinking?!?!?!

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Just read the latest article. My head hurts. This is all too much of information to digest at once! 😲

First, a leap of twenty years? Are you serious? 20 frickin' years? When other shows take generation leaps, they actually have several children in their storyline whom they plan to show grown up. Who have you got except for baby RaSia and Chanda's child? Are two kids enough? 😕

Second, no RaSia? Why?!?!?! Abhi abhi toh Sia sarpanch bani thi. There was so much to explore using the current cast and characters. I don't know where to begin. The whole purpose of this serial was to highlight Sia's struggle to bring a change in Veerpur. By getting rid of Sia, creatives ne pichle 1.5 years ki storylines par paani pher diya! What was the point of all the sacrifices that Sia made if there wasn't going to be a change in the customs/traditions for another 20 years? Gosh!

Third, Jhoomar coming back as RaSia's child is such a joke. Why not retain Natasha instead as Raghav and Sia's daughter? Cast Jhoomer as Avtar and Chanda's daughter. Since Jhoomer and Avtar were siblings, it makes sense for the baby girl to resemble her dead aunt.

Fourth, this show had one of the best ensemble casts out there. Now they'll kill half the characters and bring on newbies that nobody gives a damn about. Yeh show toh gaya kaam se.

Adi, Natasha and whoever else leaves the show - thank you for the wonderful memories. You will be missed!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yaa sarah we all r surprised .....I don't think they want to show any change in custom & tradition ..No matter how many enemies comes to kill ammaji ...........she will be alive ...😡

They are not understanding that without their effort ....Rasia is hit and popular amongs the viewer ...so why not to encash this 😕 ...they do nothing to promote them.

And most confusing thing is Jhumer to be Rasia 's kid ......How its possible God knows
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@sarah:- yesterday after reading the article i got so upset tht i didn't watch the show 4rm where did thy get this stupid idea if thy wanna to tk leap then tk it of 5 yrs only like BV to which nobody has any problem not even adi n nats to act 20 yrs is a long time.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Very good post Sarah 👏. Actually my head also hurts when I think of it, so am trying to keep cool.
The points you have mentioned are so to the point, but frankly am surprised that the CH doesn't understand or realise so.
If they had to do all this, then what's the need of teh election track? The SHow is all about Sia's fight to bring Veerpur out of the glum and muck that it is in presently. SO doing away with her character and Raghav (who are considered as the catalyst for changes) makes the story paper-thin with absolutely no credit.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dear members, is it at all possible this could be just a feeler to see our reactions? We are all in tune as to the disaster looming.

The more I read your comments I get the feeling that the creative team will get to see the folly of this move, so do you think this might be a rumour? Or are the creative team that crazy??
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
I think the Channel will have lost it absolutely if they go in for this dramabaazi.
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Bittu - Yeah, Ammaji is practically invincible. The creatives however, aren't. If they shove this nonsensical leap down our throats and expect us to swallow it, they are gravely mistaken.

@ Aneesha - Exactly! As mundane as I find the BV leap, at least they had a good reason to move the story forward by a few years. NAIDL is far from needing to do that. 20 years is indeed a long time!

@ Poetic - Seriously, this leap makes no sense by any stretch of the imagination. I can't think of any other show that took its first leap and got rid of BOTH of its lead characters in one go! RaSia were the anchor couple of this show. Getting rid of them was one big 'WTF' move!

@ Groucho - The thought didn't cross my mind, but I do hope this is just a rumor. It sounds too far-fetched (even for these creatives) to be completely true. That is, unless they are planning to dig their own graves.
Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
I know Sarah, it's like the CVs are digging their own graves.
Further what you wrote is also true. If the CH and PH goes ahead with such stupidity, then probably they will be the first to have lost their main jodi after the leap. Which is absolutely gonna be disastrous.