Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
well written elle,like u said some of the leaps and plots that have been advertised have done well in the trps battle.but there have been some which evoked negative publicity.miley jab hum tum was one of them as the cv's did away rati's character and drew a lot of flak.they had to bring her back after protests which shows that viewers and content rule the roost.likewise banoo main teri dulhan and devi by same production house closed shop after the leap.in banoo man teri dulhan there was need for the leap because of the stagnation of the story but the viewers didnt like the plot and in devi they took the leap much earlier than they should have.ultimately they faced the consequences for their action.

if notice,last week the trps for the first time in a year has fallen below the three mark(2.95).this cannot be due to the plot which is negative because the loyal viewers have watched more boring tracks and yet stuck to it in the hope that they will see better ones in due course.i can only deduce that the news of the leap has affected the trps .hope this message gets to the PH and CH get the message loud and clear

shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is rakhee gulzar somehow connected to shakutalam telefilms...I remember reading it somewhere long back during the telecast of dulhan .?
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I can't even think straight now.
I am not in this Show anymore. I have had it.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@elle45

Beautifully explained. This is the beauty of this Forum and viewers like you..........the tragedy of this Forum is that having started something positive they have negated it by ignoring the viewers ,who are responsible for the TRP's.

You talk about whole families watching a serial.......... I can empathize with that because I am from the Hum Log era and you are so right. Those were the days when people were loyal to a channel and not a serial as it is today. I don't have an issue with change because that is reality. How one handles that change is the challenge and NAIDL was doing just fine till this ridiculous decision.

Frankly it is going to be their loss. We will crib, moan, criticize and move on. There is far too much going on in life and on TV to mourn the loss of NAIDL indefinitely.

Looking forward to reading some more of your posts till..................

elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Sang_hari:
Good examples. I don't know the other shows but I do know how Nupur was brought back to MJHT on popular demand. And I've read on IF about some other show, called Kitni Mohabat Hai, which was closed and is coming back with a season 2 on popular demand. This just goes to prove, in the end, it's all about the viewers.... but God knows what wrong with the NAIDL creatives.
If you read a new article on the homepage of IF today.... it says a popular show, Bidaii is going off air soon.... the likely reason being, a female lead was killed off and a leap (even though of only 7-8 yrs) was shown.
I hope the NAIDL team realises they are going in the same direction as Bidaii. Even worse in fact.... they are killing of BOTH leads, and jumping 20 years! We can't even hope the leads will come back, coz they don't want to be an old couple It will just be easier to have a happy ending of the show.
Lastly, I salute you for having the strength to write the written updates. You deserve this ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
@ groucho:
I'm tired of cribbing and moaning now It doesn't seem our complaining is doing any good. Everytime I log on, there's more news confirming the leap. Have you noticed how no one is discussing the current storyline anymore?
I'm sick of all the negativity shown on the show also. What good have we seen in the past few months? Apart from Sia becoming the Mukhiya? And no good came out of that either. Jhoomer certainly didnt benefit.
Everything is the same. All negative characters are alive, happy and stronger than before. Ammaji is the same. Jhoomer died, Dheeraj left. SC all alone. Santosh is no better off than before. Chanda is still the coward that she's always been. Gajinder's truth will never come out in front of Ammaji. Amba came and left, being a ray of hope, but was forced to leave.
Nothing good has happened, and we know nothing good is about to happen. Why bother watching then?
It's just as well I watch another show as well, which is in no danger of going down this path soon. Thank You NAIDL team for pushing me away from you and to that show.
I don't think I'll write much more on this leap now. Probably will keep on checking though for any positive update
poetic thumbnail
Now that it is more or less confirmed, now what should I do? I feel positively sad and depressed.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@poetic

Frankly, I am a bit fed up with the continuing negativity.

1. You have 2 pregnancies expected - No happiness......... only worry for Chanda, and how best to use this unborn child (of the female gender) to extract revenge on Sia. For me it is criminal to use children in portraying anything negative and now they have gone overboard using an unborn child.

2. One son in jail......the other one gets worse day by day.

3. Ammaji (great acting asides) is now overdoing the revenge bit and even the acting is looking repetitive.

Frankly whether they do this leap or not they are systematically destroying this serial and the original storyline. By now the progression from gender bias, male dominance and bruised egos should have been covered and we should have moved on to solving issues.................what happens ....we have regressed........... probably 20 years.

So maybe they should show a leap back to where we are today and not 20 years later.

For me one of the best solutions would be to bring Amba back again because NAIDL is a magical serial where Yashpal was forgiven all his crimes and not only that he is fitter than anyone in the house.
So why not forgive a dacoit like Amba given the creative license the channel has taken. Even Phoolan Devi was pardoned.

I strongly believe in 2nd chances and feel the channel should give the right characters a second chance and not fortify the men in the village by forgiving them.

Depressing!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
I agree groucho. Will reply in details shortly. TYing up an imp work
But what to do with RaSia? I can't bear to miss them. :(
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
poet and groucho-u guys are all right in saying that the soap is not fit for a leap but they should make a prequel going back 20 years.the amount of negativity and the grimness seems to be increasing every day rather having proper solutions to lot of issues.
I agree with groucho in saying that for the first time i found meghana malik a little repetitive in her acting and if this is what she is going to continue with after 20 years then people will lose interest.veerpur instead of seeing senses in issues seems to have faltered more after sia has taken over the sarpanchi.not that it is sia's fault,blame the cv's for it.the asurs have grown too big for their boots and i see no sense in watching all this just to increase our stress level.
poet-i too am going to miss RaSia and really dont know how i am going to bear it to see them die.thet have really become a part of my life and getting them out of my system is going to be a uphill task
Edited by sang_hari - 14 years ago
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
very true i feel like Laado is the best show on colors and even on its time slot
Pls Cv s and PH dont get Pressurised by Star Plus Rival show...........Laado isthe best and will remain the best just give some time to the show .........