Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
elle45

I am in complete agreement with you. This is the only serial which I personally think has the best ensemble of actors and if the CV's botch this up then what can one say??

I sincerely hope that NAIDL will continue but should it not I am fairly positive the actors will not have a problem. They are all good and some like Ammaji superb.

From my own perspective having worked on television when there were only 4 or 5 channels, limited viewership in only the urban cities, TRP's whilst important did not impact the content negatively --- instead writers tried to improve on it to bring the viewership back to the top.

Today the scenario has changed. Everything has got diluted, fragmented and with so much choice, we are now only loyal to programmes. Which makes it sadder when a good programme goes down the tube.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting discussion elle and groucho. Bit if NAIDL falls through the tube, then it will be completely due to the CVs - both at the CH and PH levels.
Elle has mentioned so many plots. IN addition to those, there are still so much more that can be done even now. Maybe a small leap would work and they can show RaSia separating for some time - Sia with the kid - when the MM and his group attacks Ammaji's fgamily. Sia could end up in Delhi, give birth to their daughter, and maybe after 3 years or so, Raghav finds them out. And then bring their daughter back to the village and it could then proveed to show some more developmental works in the village and then end.
That would be meaningful.
But here, the CVs are hell bent on pushing the SHow into an abyss. What can be done in such eventuality?
And yes if this is happening, I want all of them to get good roles so that they all can move on as well.
I am sorely disappointed. Never thought a show like Laado would fall a victim to such evil machinations.
groucho thumbnail
poetic - You are spot on target.

As always one has to remain hopeful till the last specially with this particular serial.

If the channel is going for suicide nothing much any of us can do but at least till then let us appreciate what is being shown and keep the discussions going - maybe the creatives will realise (ha! ha!) how much potential this show has and do something about it.

With this knowledgeable forum, I, for a minute ,do not think someone from their team does not read the relevant comments but they just prefer not to do anything about it. Maybe the day will come when they do listen, hopefully for all of us it won't be too late for the serial.

poetic thumbnail
Groucho,
We can provide suggestions but we can';t do anything about the ego tussles at varius stages.
That is what is doing the serial in.
I am still so sad.
groucho thumbnail
How true Poetic, sad when things like egos and pride get in the way of success.

This is a successful serial...............I will keep on posting "Let it Be"
poetic thumbnail
It's really sad groucho when it turns out to be oh-so-true.
groucho thumbnail
@Poetic

Well look you have been around for a long time. What do the producers get out of releasing the storylines in advance? I have never been able to understand the logic behind that.

Ok the actors I can understand because through the media their announcement of being out of a serial gets noticed and this gets them new offers. But why the channel??
poetic thumbnail
I am wracking my brain on this one.
That is one thing that I have also not understood. Releasing a storyline actually takes the steam off of the track. But well, then again it could serve as a teaser and titillate the viewers. And maybe interest them to watch.
After all, they need new viewers to fill in place of those who will leave or have left.
Maybe the stupid Channels try to portray that they are smart. 🤬
groucho thumbnail
@poetic

Wouldn't you think that the channel would do a teaser with what the serial is about (a kind of a synopsis but short) for the new viewers in an artistic way rather than tell the new viewers what is going to happen in the future.

This kills it for the dedicated viewers of the serial and the newer viewers are still at a loss as to why things are going to happen without knowing the complete background.

Strange very strange...............and this ....with all the talent in this country!!!!!
elle45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Completely agree with you Groucho about how the increasing number of channels is diluting the content... and quality of the TV shows. Previously, with just a handful of shows to pick from, the whole family would sit together and enjoy a show. Now it's every person watching a different show. In such a case, TRPs become even more important, and serials generally keep on adding more and more surprising twists to attract more and more viewers. However, it should be according to what Viewers WANT, not what they DON'T WANT.... and this is where I fail to understand the NAIDL creative team and their decision about the leap.
It's like suicide. When it's doing well in TRPs, why sabotage it? And leaking the news about the leap from before has done nothing but damage to the show. Most of the loyal viewers are dejected, and it is the loyal viewers who from the backbone of the show, even when there's a boring storyline and other viewers switch to other channels.
Regarding your question about why Channels release their storyline from before, I agree with Poetic, that it's to tease the viewers, and entice them to watch the show, raising TRPs. As in, if you are in anticipation of some major twist, you'll start watching the show a few days in advance of the specified date, catching up on what you missed, you'll definitely tune in for the grand event and you'll probably continue to watch the next episodes to watch the aftermath..... all this while, in anticipation of the higher viewership, the channel will demand more for the commercials to be played in that timeslot, meaning more profit.
In short, it's a win-win situation for all. I remember a few times when this has played out successfully, one being quite recent, in the show Uttaran, when Vansh was about to die (I never watch the show, but in anticipation of who was dying, I started watching in those days 😆).... another example is quite old, when I was much younger. From the show Kyunki Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi.... the lead Tulsi was going to shoot her son. The news was leaked early, and as far as I can imagine, the response must be phenomenal.
However, the NAIDL leak about the leap is not helping it positively. Neither is it garnering any excitement, it's probably damaging the current viewership also. I won't be surprised if the TRPs of the show are down this week.