For the love of RaSia- feelings on leap

sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
As we all know colors and shakutalam telefilms have a a 20 year leap in the pipeline for the show.I saw all of us having very strong feelings and reservations against the leap.I also saw that the leap (which is unnecessary acc to me) would mean that our FAV PAIR RaSia would no longer be part of the show.I strongly protest against the idea of a leap so would place facts as to why the leap should not take place.I am making the post a sticky so that members would be able to rationally place their view point across as to why the leap is not a good idea.I would post this link on the colors website so that the CV's and the channel know what our feelings are on this subject .I will start now-

The idea of leap is really unappealing because the leap would mean that RaSia one of the USP of the show will no longer be part of the show.there are four main USPs of the show
1.meghana malik as ammaji-The character of ammaji has fascinated one and all.it has been brought to life by meghana really well.most men and the older members of the family watch laado for her.after the leap, i heard will be part of the show.

2.RaSia-the chemistry of raghav and sia has been one of the real reasons as to why laado has clicked with the younger generation..remove them it would seem like a documentary to people..Aditya and Natasha have done a fab job and have done justice to their roles.Raghav 's journey from being ammaji's brash son to being sia's sensitive,understanding.loving husband has been appreciated by not only by the younger generation but also lapped by the entire female diaspora.Sia's journey of being a woman of substance firstly outside the haveli and then being part of the haveli has been truly wonderful,etched out well.The RaSia chemistry is what dreams are made of of,be it the initial phase where Raghav romanced Sia at the behest of the mother,or the phase when both of them were enemies inside the same house when sia knows she has been cheated or when Raghav and sia realise that they do love each other after all that has transpired between them and lastly the maturation phase when they accept each other as spouses who love plus trust each other.

the intensity and the depth of their love really took all us by storm and we were all hooked to the show.lot of us continued watching the show even in its lean period just to have a glance at these two together on screen. just remove them out of the equation and the trp's will dip big time.The right mix of their romance with social issues made the younger audience love the show.i am really not able think of laado without these two characters or these characters aging.

3.story and screeplay-firstly let's appreciate the fact that these people have done a fab job on laado.but if there will a leap now they would commit a Himalayan blunder as a unnecessary leap would kill the essence of the story and make it a meandering story.to think about it then scene would shift to Delhi and where will veerpu be in the scheme of the things.staying and fighting within the confines of veerpur is the right thing to do and not fleeing off to Delhi.the cv's have to bring the character of RaSia's daughter as a protagonist and i dont think that will click because people are used to seeing sia against ammaji.they will not have the emotional connect with the character as there will be comparisons between sia and her daughter which even a good screenplay or characterisation will not be able to erase

ensemble-Breaking this ensemble is the worst thing that the cv's can do as it has really connected with the audience and all the actors have a good job.if there is a leap then not only RaSia but there are chances that some of the characters will also be phased out which i think will not work.

if one of the above goes for a toss the soap would go for a toss and will not work.
I have written what ever i felt i had to write on this matter.I am hoping u guys also to write as to why this leap will work or will not work stating u're reasons for the same.guys collective protests work so keep posting
Edited by sang_hari - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

good points Shreya. Will elucidate on them.

AM upset at this moment, but let me go and check out Richard Gere.
As for th CVs, hats off to them.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ sang_hari

Very well written and you have covered most of the salient points.

I am just confused about why the producers would take a winning serial and make a farce out of it. As mentioned before it is the only one which has stayed true to its message and classy things don't always mean large numbers. So if the TRP's are lower than some of the other programmes, why mind?? At least you know who your viewers are and the niche group of people are what the advertising can aim at.

Take the main people out and you dont have NAIDL but some other serial. This as sang_hari has mentioned is in Veerpur and about its people - what does Delhi have to do with the serial? The language is not the same, the way of living is not the same, one is a rural place and the other an urban city.

This is never going to be Na aana.................. anymore.

My fellow member has stated it will be a Himalayan blunder, which is absolutely correct and I also think it will be pre-meditated suicide for NAIDL because the producers are doing this knowingly.

Let the serial be...........You have great actors, a great storyline, great messages including the one today that Sia is going to take on which is still happening in so many places and above all a knowledgeable audience..

What more does this channel want. Play around and you will lose whatever you have (which is a lot) forever.

Please do rethink this through
bittu31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sherya has already covered the points ...

But one thing I have to say that is :

Even though u have never promoted Rasia as a couple like other channel & makers do but still they are very popular among the youngstars .,..why are u not encasing it 😕 ...We know that laddo was never a love story ....but u can use it to gain lots of TRP ....

TRP is never a problem for Laddo and why to take a suicidal step .....😕

Laddo is basically a fight between old thinking & new thinking... a show that talks about the evil practice of female infanticide in our country..And when set up is in Delhi ,the theme of the show will lost ...😕

Reconsider ur decision ...... other's are taking leap so u will also take leap .......its not that karbuje ko dekh kar kharbuja Rang badelga ...ðŸĪŠ

what are u doing is a suicide and is a crime as per the law ....Aur hum iska purjor virodh karte hai ..😆😉
Edited by bittu31 - 14 years ago
shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shreya u have covered all the points.....
I just have one question the people who thought about this leap
Do WE STILL want to say NA ANNA ISS DES ..to our LAADOs after 20 years Or DO WE WANT TO say ANNA ISS DES MERI LAADO....?please think about this and reconsider your decision ...
groucho thumbnail
@shilpa_11

Very well put. In any serial they should be able to correct all the wrongs by the end of the serial.

I am also very interested in hearing the answer to your question. Will anyone bother though is my point?????

One more point for the creative team to consider is that viewers (Us members) make or break the TRP's ...whilst they may think that we are a very small part of the viewership, my personal belief is that there are many more like us who just are not members of this Forum.

Edited by groucho - 14 years ago
sang_hari thumbnail
all u guys are right,there are many more who are not members of the forum but think the same way we do about the leap.any soap started with a particular intention has to fulfill that when they finish with the soap.if that does not happen the show loses its essence and loses its viewership in the process.in most soaps the leap work only when there is no other the story can move forward.here there are lot of relevant issues that has not been dealt with or a given a proper solution to.so one of the usps of the show has taken a beating here.

when the script and the premise of the show is itself shaky then the best of actors on the show will not be able to save the show.haven't we all heard people say that content is the king.The PH and the channel should keep that in mind.another aspect is that if ammaji is alive in the show without sia then where is the tension in the show which has provided them with great trps.how sure are they that the new set of actors will click in front of meghana(ammaji).lastly how sure are the PH that the new jodi introduced will have the same chemistry as RaSia.RaSia romance in midst of the problems and the conservative mindset of veerpur has been a hit.the chemistry of the leads has been one of the finest with no over the board histrionics or dramatics attached to their romance.

the leap is not needed and should not have now.if it really happens then god save the show

groucho thumbnail
sang_hari

You have just echoed my sentiments. Let us all keep the pressure up and we will not say die till the final moment.
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Very well written shreya n u hv covered all the points
I jst wanna to ask u wht the reason tht force u to tk this decision the show is doing gud on TRP charts ppl r watching it then wht's the problem if u r copying it 4rm other shows like Balika Vadhu or Uttaran then thy need a leap thy r shown as kid then hv to grown up one day bt here in laado there is no need for a leap n if u still wanna to show then tk it for 5 yrs only soo tht nobody has any problem 20 yrs is a long time by doing this u r tking a big risk becoz widout Rasia nobody is going to watch this show u r going to lose a big part of audience v lv ammaji n meghna has put live into this character bt v lv also Rasia v won't watch the serial if any one of them leaves all three r the main leads n r equally imp.for the show c'mon think abt it again u r ruinating the show n its characters by doing this if its ques of supporting actors then its bearable bt main lead will get disappear this is sumthing undigestable if u still wanna to continue wid ur idea the choice is urs bt v dn't watch a single episode of it after rasia's exit n onething is for sure wid this the TRP falls n u hv to wind up the project better do it now rather than tking a big risk.

sang_hari thumbnail
aneesha,groucho -well said and keep posting.this is like adding unnecessary flavour to a dish when the dish already tastes very good.it not only spoils the originality of the concerned dish or show but will have less takers .