18th September episode - superb acting

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I will only comment on those of whom I enjoyed watching and not the entire serial as I am sure someone will give an update.

Gajendar - Superb acting. From being confronted by his wife, to admitting his crime, to a enraged husband then trying to pacify her and finally after being told off by Sunehri once again rushing out of the room in rage thinking of all kinds of revenge for Sunehri. The rape will certainly work against him now though it was fairly well ( a bit too explicit in case children are watching) done.

Sunehri - The once high and mighty daughter in law who looked down on all the other women in the family reduced to a sad sad figure.Enlightened by her husband's horrible admission after she guessed the truth and Chanda confirmed it, getting little sympathy from Ammaji who admits she knew all along about Gajendar. Poor thing how the mighty have fallen. Good timing for the change of character by the creatives. Sunehri has brought about the change in the household that will make future episodes enjoyable to watch.

Ammaji - I am constantly amazed at the scriptwriter's cleverness when it comes to Ammaji. She always has an answer to justify every deed or failing (good, bad, wrong) that her sons commit regardless of whom she is hurting in the process. This was true for Raghav at one time till he came to his senses.

Now this brings me to Sia - she has a great role in which she is the only one who can take on Ammaji but her lines (given by the writers) are beginning to sound repetitive. She has to be careful not to become a saintly and goody goody figure but a strong contender in seeking the truth. Her lines and expressions must keep changing as her role becomes more and more important. Sunheri has given her the perfect opportunity to act against all that Ammaji has been promoting.

Raghav - Very little was seen of him so difficult to comment.

Monday's episode will be interesting to see how Ammaji will handle this one.

This is my perception. I would be interested to hear my fellow forum members points of view.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Good one Groucho. And I agree the overall acting was superb by everybody, except by the pillars.
Yes SUnehri's plight is pitiable but she has brought it upon herself, to some extent. Not that it lessen's Lampat's evil doings by even 0.00001 %
groucho thumbnail
haha yes the pillars were silent weren't they?? I think Lampat will get his just desserts sooner or later and let us hope the creatives do it sooner than later.

We can then move on to waiting for Sia's baby and I have a feeling it will be a girl.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Of course it's gonna be a cute baby girl. In that way, they can bring about a revolution in the village and their girl would be the Laado.
Gaji will definitely get paid (principal + interest) this time. Till date, he has always got away with it. But now this time, he's in for it.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i havent seen the episode bt it sounds real interesting..sunehri getting redeemed was a difficult thing to do bt kudos to the creatives for coming up wid SUCH a means of redemption for her..this was probably the only thing which cud have made a selfish person like sunehri turn decent..bt i used to really like this couple before the gunja fiasco..am still upset over the creatives ruining their relationship..i mean these two were in perfect sync wid each other..too bad,tht is gone now...
groucho thumbnail
@anu rulz

Don't lose heart we have Raghav and Sia, Chanda and Avtar and I am sure there will perfect sync between them as the story progresses.
Anurulz thumbnail

ya i guess sunehri redeeming herself was more important..rangili is out and sunehri on FF gang's side...this was essential..now ammaji n progeny against all the women and our kishan kanhaiya Mr. Raghav..

groucho thumbnail
To me what is cause for celebration is that if the original story remains true to the serial and with great acting by the majority of actors led by Ammaji, some deviations on issues can and should be met with an open mind.

Creatives might differ from viewers expectations but look at it this way, Viewers are huge in numbers and creatives a handful. The percentage of members perspectives far overtakes the creative perspectives.

So maybe it is up to us to give them some time, cut them some slack and hope they read or get a feedback on the members views.
Anurulz thumbnail
yes i agree..the original issue shud be dealt honestly wid..i tihnk tht will regain momentum wid sia-raghav having a girl child...till thn its women's liberation in veerpur...
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Groucho,poet,anu-today's episode was good.like all of u said the story is sticking to its original mission even though it is slow paced at times.they have a really good ensemble whose power packed performances gives the script its due.
raghav and sia will have a girl.have no doubt about it.her birth is probably going to kick in some more revolution is what i feel.
felt bad for sunehri because gaji let her down and tore her self respect to shreds.even though she was bad wife she did not deserve to be treated like this