Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
@sang_hari,

Thank you for the welcome. I am very happy to be a part of this serial. Common members will remark that I am very analytical and clinical in my comments, which is probably due to my age and the fact that I have seen TV since it started.

Unfortunately it has become a fact of life to leave various issues and tracks open-ended, which is not only frustrating but gives rise to wrong perceptions (which is understandable and human) BUT can be easily avoided. As for butchering some of the issues, it is not restricted to this serial but by and large is much less here than the others. If you start with a controversial topic then have the guts to see it through or else don't begin........

What is most appealing about this show is some of the fine acting by the actors whether they are in a negative role or not.

Looking forward to reading all your posts. Good night

sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Groucho-i do agree that though negativity is highlighted in this show and some of the plots have not been well written,the actors on this show have really done a good job.as for u're analytical and clinical comments,i would say that at some point of life we do tend to become that way.i have two children and have look at problems with a logical perspective.so nothing wrong about it .
I also agree to to u're reasoning that most of the shows butcher the tracks so much that the soap loses its original flavour.for that matter a friend of mine in the media keeps telling me that laado is one of the well written scripts to be presented and executed the same way in the industry today(which is my opinion too).that is why i keep watching the soap even if the track at that time does not suit my tastes or my sensibilities.
i really loved replying to your post .looking forward to reading more of them.
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ sang_hari

Thank you and you don't do so badly yourself. Precise and to the point what a welcome change. It is always a pleasure to discuss with like-minded members. Yes, maturity does have its advantages but I like reading all the posts as it gives a cross sectional view and we live and learn. The younger generation bring a whole new perspective which is interesting.

My only issue with the episode where there was that monologue by the uncle was stretched for too long.

In a dark serial as this they need to circulate the actors in a way which covers the issue but also shows how the others are tackling it. One person in the major part of a 12 minute episode (balance time goes to advertising) can be tedious.

I am thrilled that each actor in their own way evoke a feeling within us whether negative or positive and that goes to the credit of their acting.

Also this is one of the few serials where the visitors (characters with small roles to play) to the show have contributed to some topic within the episodes. Some have been summarily dismissed and some have played out their role. If the creative team can get this right throughout, I will be very surprised if the viewership does not improve.

My personal view is that because of its message this serial is not appealing to many which is a pity because the acting , the direction and the production is good for the most part,.

I am eagerly awaiting tonight's episode.
Edited by groucho - 14 years ago