Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Chalo CV's have helped us increase our GK .Thanks shreya, i ididnot know anything about Gotra .Aapne thoda samjaya and i googled some .so the concept is clear now but my brain has gone mushy..
So ,as u said ,deeraj can be of the same gotra as jhumar provided Ammaji's cousin i.e mamari behan , is married to someone from sangwan kaandan .
God! CV's , you guys made us earn a degree is psycology, then made us an expert in coinage of new terms ,now GK is increased along with our BP......
shilpa_11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: babysweety

poet, does belonging to the same gotra, means having the same blood πŸ˜•............am so confused on this topic..........

btw, kohinoor heera has gone out of the country, why not also parcel out the CV's πŸ˜†πŸ˜†............

oh no , if we do that pata nahin ,woh Kohinoor heera ka Kohi- oor heera banadengi. CV's the ultimate authority in spoiling the good stuff na..
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sang_hari

let me explain this to u guys.belonging to the same gotra means descending from the same ansectors.there is a theory that human race have descended from the saptarishis and that the gotra name is the name of the saptarishi who we have descended from.after my explanation of what gotra exactly means i will analyse it further

see ammaji total ppl that dheeraj is her mamari behan ka beta so does that mean that both abbaji and dheeraj's father belonged to the same gotra and both sisters were married in the same gotra?i have assuming that mamari behan means mama's daughter so that would make dheeraj,ammaji's mama's grandson.so there is a possibility that sangwans and dheeraj's family belong to the same gotra

going on about gotra.the gotra issue now doesnt make sense as our genetics have been diluted many times over.in the olden days the gotras were important as the population was less in number so scientifically a brother marrying a sister and also the passing on genetic disorders were highly possible if married in the same gotra.but in this era it makes no sense as we have become racially mixed race and also the genetics has been so diluted that this gotra issue becomes insignificant

u r rite!! i m still confused abt dheeraj & jhumar's gotra. if dheeraj is her mameri sis son then i don't think jhumar is related wid his gotra as shes chachi's daughter. if ammaji's mameri sis was married in the same gotra as of ammaji then they can b related but oderwise she cud'd been married in difft gotra 2!!
though 2 sum extent i believe in gotra system & its importance but its not neceessary that if u marry in same gotra as of ur life partener then its going 2 effect in the way like it did centuries ago.
and i agreed now our population has increased manyfolds so now this thing is not so important even in our family 1 of my aunt & uncle has same gotra & came 2 knew abt it during marriage ceremonies & that was arranged marriage & their marriage was not stopped.😊😊
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

let me explain this to u guys.belonging to the same gotra means descending from the same ansectors.there is a theory that human race have descended from the saptarishis and that the gotra name is the name of the saptarishi who we have descended from.after my explanation of what gotra exactly means i will analyse it further

see ammaji total ppl that dheeraj is her mamari behan ka beta so does that mean that both abbaji and dheeraj's father belonged to the same gotra and both sisters were married in the same gotra?i have assuming that mamari behan means mama's daughter so that would make dheeraj,ammaji's mama's grandson.so there is a possibility that sangwans and dheeraj's family belong to the same gotra

going on about gotra.the gotra issue now doesnt make sense as our genetics have been diluted many times over.in the olden days the gotras were important as the population was less in number so scientifically a brother marrying a sister and also the passing on genetic disorders were highly possible if married in the same gotra.but in this era it makes no sense as we have become racially mixed race and also the genetics has been so diluted that this gotra issue becomes insignificant

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘......very good explanation!sounds highly plausible!but confusing at the same time!i d rather buy the cv s story that dheeraj n jhoomer are of the same gotra without thinking too much🀣.probably they ll show this as a flash back in the current trackπŸ˜†
PemaKarpo thumbnail

Originally posted by: tiny15

u r rite!! i m still confused abt dheeraj & jhumar's gotra. if dheeraj is her mameri sis son then i don't think jhumar is related wid his gotra as shes chachi's daughter. if ammaji's mameri sis was married in the same gotra as of ammaji then they can b related but oderwise she cud'd been married in difft gotra 2!!

though 2 sum extent i believe in gotra system & its importance but its not neceessary that if u marry in same gotra as of ur life partener then its going 2 effect in the way like it did centuries ago.
and i agreed now our population has increased manyfolds so now this thing is not so important even in our family 1 of my aunt & uncle has same gotra & came 2 knew abt it during marriage ceremonies & that was arranged marriage & their marriage was not stopped.😊😊

🀣 what thinking🀣relations have always confused me!these are the times i wish i were born in some foreign country where every1 is either an aunt ot uncle!!this is too confusing!
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
sweety,shilpa,harsha,tiny-thanks for the appreciation.actually i knew abt the entire gotra issue because i insisted on the knowing the meaning of my wedding vows .so my husband and myself ,we belonged to different gotras.one more thing there is a loophole by which this same gotra marriage can be conducted that is if a couple belonging to a different gotra do the the kanyadaan of the bride rather than the parents of the bride doing the kanyadaan.

i am also glad that sia echoed my thought process and also the cv's have thrown light on this issue to create the awareness.all our shastras also in some way have echoed our thoughts on the need of evolution as the society has to change with times.

tiny- when parents do kanyadaan of a daughter it means that she no longer belongs to their gotra and now on would belong to her husband's gotra.so ammaji and chachi have been married in to the sangwan family and thus take that family's gotra and the same applies to the children.i am assuming the sangwans and dheeraj's family share the same gotra and that means the sisters(ammaji and her uncle's daughter ) married men belonging to the same gotra
shilpa_11 thumbnail

sweety,shilpa,harsha,tiny-thanks for the appreciation.actually i knew abt the entire gotra issue because i insisted on the knowing the meaning of my wedding vows .so my husband and myself ,we belonged to different gotras.one more thing there is a loophole by which this same gotra marriage can be conducted that is if a couple belonging to a different gotra do the the kanyadaan of the bride rather than the parents of the bride doing the kanyadaan.

i am also glad that sia echoed my thought process and also the cv's have thrown light on this issue to create the awareness.all our shastras also in some way have echoed our thoughts on the need of evolution as the society has to change with times.

tiny- when parents do kanyadaan of a daughter it means that she no longer belongs to their gotra and now on would belong to her husband's gotra.so ammaji and chachi have been married in to the sangwan family and thus take that family's gotra and the same applies to the children.i am assuming the sangwans and dheeraj's family share the same gotra and that means the sisters(ammaji and her uncle's daughter ) married men belonging to the same gotra

Shreya , I enlightened myself on the Gotra yesterday only . and i also read about the loophole too. and it is really good that Sia has pointed out about the loophole.
site in which i read about gotra mentions that the only drawback of this workaround is that no father is happy seeing someone else do his daughter's kanyadaan.
but In jhumars case ,DV will be more than relieved not to do kanyadaan.hopefully the Cv's end DJ track this way not with bloodshed .they can dramatise it a bit but give this track ATLEAST a meaninful end
23rdkeven thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Yes Shilpa,

HOw are Jhumar and Dheeraj related by blood and gotra? How stupid!

Hey girls - I think sheela chachi is full of secrets like Jhoomer her daughter - may be Dheeraj (Her husbands some leeeeela)πŸ˜• so same gotra.

PemaKarpo thumbnail
as you guys say,it would really be good if the track ends with DJ getting married.the cv s ought to enlighten the people about gotra and also tell as to why it is ok in today's generation to marry some1 from the same gotra.if this happens,it would be the first time the cv s have shown a problem with a suitable solution to it!
even the santosh matter should have been dealt with that way.today,medicine and science have progressed so much that a solution can easily be found.they should have a solution where santosh gets pregnant by some other medical means rather than by raghav or her ex-bf.
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
abt gotra issue i know that gotra means where a particular family kept their cattle i.e go- cow & atra - shed/shelter. so in general its a clan of 1 prsn. earlier esply in early vedic times castes were made on the basis of division of labour & its not based on birth. so now there r so many gotras which u find in every caste. like gautam its also found in brahmins & in SC's or kashyap is found in khashtriyas, vaishy's(businessmen comm) & SC's😊😊.
and once i read a news article in the Indian Express where they were telling abt thelesemia. its the disorder where blood clotting bcums defective. this told that in sum region like Pb, TN, andhra & sum oder 1-2 northern states've high rate of this as they generally marry in same gotra in the same state & if sum1 has 2 marry in the same gotra then it shud b from oder states as it"ll reduce the chances of the gene which causes this disorder bcuming dominant . thats why in Hindu system cousin marriages r mostly discouraged barring 1 or 2 regions or communities. bcoz genes which control disorders r genrly dominant in nature & if in 1 clan or family has sum disorder then by marrying wid in same family/clan made it appear in progeny mor2 (acc. 2 Law .of Inheritance by Mendel)πŸ‘πŸ‘
but now i think if sum1 fall in luv or marry a prsn of same gotra it shudn't b raiseda s big issue & murder couples!!!bocz u don't fall in luv by asking sum1's catse /religion/gotra.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ok now i won't post more replies as i've 2 go tomm early 2 ofc so Gud Night & Sweet Dreams To all,πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ