poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Someone please explain to me how Dheeraj and Jhumar are of the same gotra?
Not that I am very interested, just wanted to know and apprehend how stupid the track is gonna be!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shilpa_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

would someone plea.....se show me tha light as Iam also in the dark regarding this issue......

sumali thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
haha....who knows!!! When sia was praising dheeraj-jhoomer jodi, sheela chachi told her that it is not done because they both belong to the same gotra! 😕
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Shilpa,
HOw are Jhumar and Dheeraj related by blood and gotra? How stupid!
shilpa_11 thumbnail
CV's ki stupidity ke TAJ ka ek diamond hai ....yeh gotra issue..
shilpa_11 thumbnail
wonder which one will prove to be the HOPE DIAMOND . Eagerly waiting to see it.
sonam21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
poet, does belonging to the same gotra, means having the same blood 😕............am so confused on this topic..........
btw, kohinoor heera has gone out of the country, why not also parcel out the CV's 😆😆............
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

Someone please explain to me how Dheeraj and Jhumar are of the same gotra?

Not that I am very interested, just wanted to know and apprehend how stupid the track is gonna be!

i have the same doubt too!i mean,if dheeraj is ammaji 's brother's son then ammaji could not have married abbaji😉because her gotra would have been the same as dheeraj's before marriage!dheeraj being ammaji's sister's son is very unlikely!i have often wondered why ammaji's parents did not kill her when she was an infant!😆.....that 1 female infanticide would have been legal and approved🤣 ..na rahe baas,na bhaje bhansuri😆
Edited by harshajkarthik - 14 years ago
sang_hari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
let me explain this to u guys.belonging to the same gotra means descending from the same ansectors.there is a theory that human race have descended from the saptarishis and that the gotra name is the name of the saptarishi who we have descended from.after my explanation of what gotra exactly means i will analyse it further

see ammaji total ppl that dheeraj is her mamari behan ka beta so does that mean that both abbaji and dheeraj's father belonged to the same gotra and both sisters were married in the same gotra?i have assuming that mamari behan means mama's daughter so that would make dheeraj,ammaji's mama's grandson.so there is a possibility that sangwans and dheeraj's family belong to the same gotra

going on about gotra.the gotra issue now doesnt make sense as our genetics have been diluted many times over.in the olden days the gotras were important as the population was less in number so scientifically a brother marrying a sister and also the passing on genetic disorders were highly possible if married in the same gotra.but in this era it makes no sense as we have become racially mixed race and also the genetics has been so diluted that this gotra issue becomes insignificant
sonam21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks shreya, very nice explanation and definitely cleared all my doubts, now i understood how dheeraj and jhoomar can be from the same gotra........well i knew in scientific terms that inbreeding (people who are genetically closer) is harmful and not recommended but didnt have idea about the gotra thing...........
well sia said the same thing in today's epi, that in the past, depending on the then situations, such customs had been made and of course it holds no value in today's time as situations are different now.........am happy that the CV's took out this point and tried to create an awareness on this..........