My view on Lado and Raghav

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
I have been a watching this show since July 2008. I do not know the background of how Sia and Raghav got married but have read some of the updates provided on their relationship. Raghav is educated abroad and even looks after some business in Delhi before he returned to his village veerpur and settle with Sia on the advice of his mother.
As far as i have observed Raghav is the loyal(extreme) type of human being. He is very loyal to his mother and that may be more out of respect than love for his mother and her actions. Similarly he respects and listens to his elder brother Joginder since he places him in his fathers place. Also when Sia's father beat him for cheating her he never raised his hands or counter argued because he knew he was wrong.
But sometimes Raghav has revolted against them both when he felt what they did was not correct. He raised his opposition to Jumhar being produced in court because he felt that her marriage may be stalled by that and it happened exactly as he had thought. If his mother would have forced Jhumar to go to DM he would have definetly revolted aginst his mother and veerpurs customes then and there. Similarly when Sheela was sentenced for lashes he could not bear it and walked out.
He even raised his opposition to Joginder when they had to leave a village women with DM once.
But the main problem is till today he has never really revolted badly against any of his family members or told his views on the customs that he dislikes in Veerpur.
That is only natural because its your own family that you are opposing. No matter how good a person is its very difficult for him to oppose people who are his own family with whom he or she is brought up. So only if a very significant incident takes place that will leave Raghav emotionally drained will he completely raise his voice against his mother and family and veerpurs customs. I guess this incident will be his sister's marriage to the guy called Dheeraj since they have some Gotra issue.
Regarding Sia, Raghav loves her but just cannot express it by standing up against his family for her rights. Actually if you see in real life too in similar situations only if the wife takes a firm stand against injustice does a husband stand up for his wife especially in rural set ups. Sia should learn to stand up for herself and not simply listen to abuses by all in the family. Raghav can defend her but not in every situation. Tommorow what if Raghav has work and he goes to Delhi leaving Sia for a few days. In current circumstances Raghav has basically married a person who needs protection always and so he has to shadow her always to save her. Thats not possible always in real life too.
Ex: Last week during the fasting Rangeeli was forcefully trying to put eatables in Sia's mouth and Sia needed Raghav to intervene, this week also Ranegeeli was abusing her and Santosh had to intervene, sometime back Ammaji was beating her for giving poison to Avtar and Raghav had to intervene. Others cannot keep intervening always for Sia. Instead of Sia Sunheri and Rangeeli are shown more capable of handling every situation. Sia always needs someone to defend herself. In the early phases Sia was shown as fearless and capable of protecting herself. Where is that Sia gone? Indeed after Raghav grew close to her she has become over dependent and he or santosh etc have to keep protecting her. So Sia's character for a educated city girl looks quiet unnatural in todays world.
Regarding Raghav he is good at heart and can see injustice but every one needs a spark that will make them rebel against the system especially ones own parents. That spark has never been available to him till date. The day such an incident takes place he will stand up for justice. Just imagine if we were in Raghavs place we would also find it difficult to fight our own families.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
well said....
I have been following this show form dec 2009...short time...
but all I can say...is that he will take a stand against amma and the rest off the fly....he will fight for sia....but only when she accept him....
as said before ...the ball is in sia cord.......he is trying to make her react ( by playing this hole wedding game)...the moment she raises her voice and claim him... he will know that she has forgiven and loves him..... this is important for them to start fresh.....
sia has already loss faith in him....although she still loves him...she is'nt able to let her pain go...another reason for her to stay quite is that raghav has never given her the right over him.... and she isn't able to trust her own feelings again....nor raghav...
adits7 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
guyz i hv jus startd watchin dis..dt 2 dont watch it regularly.....basically sia-raghav track attractd me 2 dis shw.......if he gets married 2 dt other chic i mite as well stop watchin it......

as i hv jus startd watchin it ur posts helped me understand d track n d basic story.....thanx.......๐Ÿ˜Š
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Actually i am watching only one show now and that is Ladoo. All shows start fine but end up bad like Balika Vadhu, Uttaran etc. Somehow Ladoo has faltered in some tracks but basically 80% of what they show seems ok or can be believed to be happening based on all the TV news reports that we see.
Regarding Raghav and Sia what i feel is both have married each other for different reasons. Sia married Raghav because she liked him and felt he would help her fight injustice in Veerpur and Raghav married Sia because he wanted her to be subjugated by his mother so that he can take revenge for his mothers humilations. Both were somehow not correct reasons to marry each other.
But now both have started slowly understood each others nature. Raghav had been made to believe by his mom that Sia opposed her authority for illogical reasons. That is not the case as Raghav has realized it now.
Sia had always believed that Raghav was cruel like his mother and other brothers but somewhere she also observed his open rebellion to save his cousin sister Jhumar(when Avtar her brother was supposed to stand up for her) and his guilt at Sheela being punished for giving birth to Jhumar. Raghav i guess has not been in Veerpur for long and hence does not know what is really going on. I do not think he is aware of female infanticide in his village etc. He just took his mothers word for granted. But when he saw the situation first hand he is shocked and somehow has tried to oppose in his own ways. So Sia somewhere deep down knows he is not such a bad guy as she had assumed after all. But she is still unsure.
If both of them talk out they will clear all their doubts about each other and can then join forces with the other ladies in the house to fight the injustice. In the end that is what will truly happen.
I basically want them to show things which are true to real life like panchayats pronuncing death sentence to lovers, female infanticide, women mistreatment and Raghav opposing all this. It will not be an easy task because he will be against his own family who support all these practices.
Even more interesting will be the way Ammaji and his brothers react to his opposition. Will they try to crush his opposition, will he be forced to leave his house because of his principals, will Sia be able to open a school in the village like she wanted to?
And here the creatives should not romantize the concept of a Hero rebelling for justice like they do in Hindi movies. Instead they should really show what difficulties a person faces when he opposes practice of an entire society. How people are rejected as outcast if they question society views should be clearly shown in this serial?
Basically this serial has responsibility of raising above TRPs and showing the face of happenings in some society.
Also, they can show things like Female education how its equally important in villages as in city? Why only Raghav was allowed to go to London while Jhumar etc have not even been sent to school being from the same family? I know she was considered as servants daughter but in city and even some villages send servants kids also to school along with their kids. Another thing is there is no age barrier to go to school. So Jhumar should be going to private school passing her SSLC and then going to college. I would really appreciate if they show this track because then Jhumar can stand up for her rights instead of always depending on her mom, sia and Raghav to fight for her cause. It will also send out an impirtant message to society saying its not late to send your girl children to school no matter the age. Or am i getting over optimistic?
Also, i am not understanding when so many important issues are there why should this Sonai be brought in? This should be an eye opening show. I did not know that girls are killed at birth in gruesome manner till this show started. Indeed my uncle who also lives in a village had come over for a few weeks and saw the show and was shocked that all this happens in villages and after seeing this show my one of my neighbour has decided to send his daughter to college. You may be surprised that even in very big cities parents(who are very rich in many cases) want to marry of their daughters after 10-12th instead of sending them to higher education.None of us were truly aware till we saw or heard all this on the show that female infacticide takes place so rampantly. We had only heard of news reports never seen them.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Good one and I agree to certain extent.

But it's time Raghav also starts understanding and growing his own spine.
meghaparti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: poetic

Good one and I agree to certain extent.

But it's time Raghav also starts understanding and growing his own spine.

yeah dear๐Ÿ˜ƒ
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
While I rather liked your post overall, there were a few points I'd like to respond to.
There is no way anyone in Veerpur doesn't know that it's female infanticide central. Even outsiders get to know pretty fast. It's only while facing unbribed officials of the law that they cover it up. It's something that's been going on for generations. Raghav reacted to protect his cousin Jhumar who was a grown woman. He has made no move to defend, even postumously, his cousin Avtaar's two baby daughters who were killed as newborns. He is true to his relationships, but he is no social reformer. And social reform, moreover, that would ruin his family? No way.
As for the serial rising above TRPs, then we won't get to watch it anymore.

Originally posted by: myviewprem

* I do not think he is aware of female infanticide in his village etc. He just took his mothers word for granted. But when he saw the situation first hand he is shocked and somehow has tried to oppose in his own ways. * Basically this serial has responsibility of raising above TRPs and showing the face of happenings in some society.

Edited by leelaa9 - 14 years ago
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think the tracks are all dependent on ratings..i dont think raghavs track will have any dramatic effect on the show..because even the makers know its ammajis show through and through!..for instance siya was sidelined in connection with the ratings and now i think they are struggling to lift her character up because it has become so pathetic that i really dont understand how this will change!..and raghavs track will all depend on the ratings..if people take to his being by his mothers side through and through then so it will remain..and after all this is not a love story..so i really cant see why the hype about raghav siya..but my guess is its only here in the forum ..and not many outside of here are really that bothered..thats exactly why i feel that either way raghavs track will have no dramatic effect ...but you never know..lets see what they do with him...