Deeya Jale in Laado - Interview

meghaparti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Role role pe likha hai actor ka naam; Deeya jale in Laado!

By SonaliJoshi 6 Feb 2010 - 19:18

Deeya Chopra

Actress Roshni Chopra's sister Deeya has appeared as Sonali in Naa Aana Iss Des Laado as the spoke in the wheel (read Raghav-Sia's love story). She says, "Sonali is exactly like me. I studied in Dubai for 10 years and then came back to India; my parents taught me values and traditions. I am very broad minded and in real life too I dress like her. I prefer wearing casuals with less make up."

She was the first choice for the show. "They called me two weeks back; they wanted me to audition immediately. I was in Delhi and it was not possible for me to be here at such a short notice; so I informed them. I think they too were in a hurry, therefore they chose someone else. I came to Mumbai and I got a call from the production house again. The next day I went there and began shooting. I feel the role was meant for me! I didn't get any time to prepare myself but as I said she is exactly like me, so did not have to try hard."

Deeya is happy being part of an established show. "I was not apprehensive. I was confident on the first day; I never felt out of place. Laado is number one and it has vast audience reach so what more could I have asked for. But I admit I was nervous doing my first scene with Meghna (Ammaji), as she is completely different from her character in real life. After that, it was ok."

Deeya confesses to have never watched the show. "Due to the late night slot I did not get a chance to watch it; however I was well informed about the story. I had read a lot about female foeticide and how these practices against women exist in real life in parts of Punjab, Haryana, and Chandigarh and other places."

Her character is primarily a cameo. "They have given me a brief saying it is a cameo but I know how it works in daily soaps, so it is completely based on the feedback my character will get. Now there would be a few more romantic scenes between me and Aditya (Raghav), so hopefully the viewers will like our chemistry together. Last when I entered the show the ratings were high and if they continue like that, I think my track will get an extension."

This is Deeya's third show on television. "After Hindi Hai Hum (which was telecast on Real and received a tepid response) I was travelling. I had been to the US and then I was in Delhi for some time. I was getting offers for shows and I was picky about them. I did not want to do shows on channels like SAB or Star One as their viewership is less and when you work round the clock you want your efforts to be recognised, especially after the experience of Hindi Hai Hum. So when Laado was offered to me I was keen in doing it because of the channel."

Like sister Roshni, is she too interested in hosting? "I am more interested in participating in reality shows, especially dance-based. I am passionate about dance. I am not sure about hosting. I am a trained dancer, was with Shiamak Davar for three years. I would love to be part of something like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Further I believe in doing one thing at a time, so I will accept any other show only after my role in Laado wraps up."

Deeya got her first break in Left Right Left, when the second batch of cadets was introduced in the show.

Edited by meghaparti - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NAKSHFAN_289 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thank god!!!! it's cameo role, first i think, kahi ye phirse avtar-chanda-rangili ki tarah triangle na ban jaye...😕

b/w what means of title of d Article..'diya jale in laado' ..what is jale..😆
Edited by NAKSHFAN_289 - 14 years ago
priyankumupal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nooooooooooooo, i dont like your chemistry with Raghav, you dont have any. dont want your track to get extended as well, i want ragahv and sia together. I hope the creatives dont ruin the track.
crazy_bholi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! romantic scenes between raghav and her.............hello i think the leads r sia and raghav not raghav and 😡 sonali.............i am sorry sonali i was never fond of u and will never be 🥱
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Uh, who exactly is Deeya JALE? Her last name is Chopra ... these article writers bhi na ... 😆

And dear lord, there are romantic scenes in store for Raghav and Sonali? Yikes, I hope she won't end up marrying him and become the next Rangeeli.

I didn't know Deeya was Roshni's sister ... I can kinda see the resemblance now!

Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
sonam21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i just hope that sonali'r role remains a cameo and she leaves the show ASAP.......this current track is so very boring..........they should go back to the raghav-sia romantic track............that was so nice to watch.............
stupidestwatch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
We don't want Sonali's role to be anymore than a forgetable cameo. There should not be any ANY romantic scenes between Raghav and Sonali. The story is about Raghav and Sia. Let's keep it that way.
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think sunali looks damn good with raghav..some of you here like siya only because she was married off to raghav. and thats totally understandable as siya is technically his wife..........but sunali raghav make a much better couple i feel....but that doesent change my view that it really wouldnt matter who ends up with raghav because the show is led by ammaji anyway....i think she is right about the roles of these actors being dependent on ratings!...i am pretty certain now that siyas role was downgraded in connection with the ratings...which is why she was a somebody when the show started but she is a servant now!!!!..and if siya raghav come together living happily ever after the ratings will drop as the suspense will finish...thats my view...lets see what they do...
meghaparti thumbnail

Originally posted by: NAKSHFAN_289

Thank god!!!! it's cameo role, first i think, kahi ye phirse avtar-chanda-rangili ki tarah triangle na ban jaye...😕

b/w what means of title of d Article..'diya jale in laado' ..what is jale..😆

Well oh well its diya jale...because I feel she creates jallun in sia's heart by being with raghav!😆

meghaparti thumbnail

Originally posted by: priyankumupal

Nooooooooooooo, i dont like your chemistry with Raghav, you dont have any. dont want your track to get extended as well, i want ragahv and sia together. I hope the creatives dont ruin the track.

Well hopefully she turns out to be a saint for raghav n sia instead of a vamp😆