IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Well guys... I really think that ammaji is an enigmatic character in this show.

Apart from the fact that she is veerpur's mukhiya and has 3 sons, we don't know much abt her. Infact, we came to know her name- BHAGWANI DEVI- only through a court proceeding! 😆

So...that leaves us with some troubling questions...

1) Why does ammaji hate girl children? was it imbibed in her as a result of the social norms, or is it a personal belief? We don't know much of ammaji's history to understand this.

2) Ammaji's hubby? We don't know much abt him...except for the fact that he died when raghav was a child.( This was playfully revealed by raghav during his courtship days) How did she cope with its death?

3) How did ammaji become the mukhiya? As we have seen...veerpur is certainly biased against its women. So how did a woman assume such a position of authority? Did circumstances force her or did she take the post herself?

As all these questions remain unanswered, i would certainly want some flashback episodes of ammaji a la kalyani of balika vadhu. I think that these episodes might perhaps help us see reasons behind ammaji's violence. Because there hasn't been any other aspect of ammaji revealed to us except her dark side, or that she is an adoring mother. What say, guys? Please let me know what u think. 😊
Edited by AMRUTHANAG - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I've been wanting a flashback track for months ... they really need to explore her past. I like it when the evil characters have a grey streak to them and are shown to have PROPER reasons for being who they are, instead of being just one dimensional cartoon villains.
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Believe it or not, I had the exact questions in mind and was about to post them, before i start can i ask you to not to post the titles in CAPS, using caps represents shouting on Net, 😃

coming to your post,
I personally feel that there are many questions unanswered by the creatives, I mean there gotta be start something, Why would a woman hate Girl ? its just nonsense, don't you think?
U don't think she experiences something similar in her early marriage life back in the days, Probably she gave a birth to a Girl to and probably was killed by her saasural and therefore she must have gotten mad and decided to do the same or maybe it's a family tradition or something, But i do want to know the reason behind her hating girls for sure!

Keep Posting,

Imran 😃

Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its high time they explored Ammaji's character. She is indeed an enigma. And I'm curious how she ended up being the way she is.
Edit: Congrats on becoming a Viewbie, Sarah.🤗 . I don't see a congratulatory thread. I guess it's been a while. 😊
Edited by Eventide - 14 years ago
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i agree,there should be sum explaination atleast of how she is the all powerful person in the village tht hates women..