Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I have the same question ... it's said on the show that they can't be together because they're from the same gotra ... what does that mean? Tribe?
mvatsa thumbnail
Gotra u can say sub caste, like all r children on one rishi or poorvaj, so people of one caste are always treated as brother or sister, thats why no marriage is possible between them. This is the reason why there wre problems in marriages of one gotra people.
garima528 thumbnail
you know i always thought that in india you had to marry within your caste?
priya_al thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: garima528

you know i always thought that in india you had to marry within your caste?

v do hv to marry in the same caste. for example brahmins cnt marry a non brahmin such as kstariya or others.. gotra is diffrent to castes.. its like birth stars.. ppl born under same stars are considered to be brother/sisters..so cnt b married to each oder๐Ÿ˜Š
sudss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
concept is good, but the application is wrong, as in many other beliefs of the society!
marriage within a blood relation is dangereous, science has proven it... but i dont hink that stands after 4-5 gnerations... in that case, the whole world is supposed to have come from one gene... so we all have to be brothers and sisters know!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
priya_al thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sudss

concept is good, but the application is wrong, as in many other beliefs of the society!
marriage within a blood relation is dangereous, science has proven it... but i dont hink that stands after 4-5 gnerations... in that case, the whole world is supposed to have come from one gene... so we all have to be brothers and sisters know!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

v all hv come from one gene of chimps not humans so u knw there's a diff๐Ÿ˜›