Why do you watch the show?

Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Na Aana Is Desh Laado is a fairly dark show. And does not have the usual mush and stuff. What got you interested in the show? And what's holding your interest? Just curious!!😊

Edited by Eventide - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
What got me hooked right from day one was the 'oppression of women' theme of this show. Plus, the fact that Sia was a city-bred, educated girl who fought to see justice for women, was what attracted me a lot. I could relate to her because I have lived outside of India/Pakistan all my life and can't stand to see the way men dominate over women in some areas of those countries. So in a way I could see myself in Sia even though technically she wasn't raised abroad.

What kept me interested was the plot and acting. Almost everyone in this show acts amazingly well and fits their roles. Plus, every characters has their own little track. The show may be dark and dreary, but it is very much real. And that is why I'm still watching it intently.
IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I totally agree with you sarah...

One of the reasons why this show worked for me was that it is starkly honest in its treatment of a topic that is quite taboo...

Other reasons- Good storyline, great acting( esp from the lead pair and Ammaji), attention paid to the minor characters( they are not just ornaments on a christmas tree like other shows) and a sensitive depiction of female infanticide.

LAADO ROCKS! 😊
Edited by AMRUTHANAG - 14 years ago
Eventide thumbnail

Originally posted by: sarah1024

What got me hooked right from day one was the 'oppression of women' theme of this show. Plus, the fact that Sia was a city-bred, educated girl who fought to see justice for women, was what attracted me a lot. I could relate to her because I have lived outside of India/Pakistan all my life and can't stand to see the way men dominate over women in some areas of those countries. So in a way I could see myself in Sia even though technically she wasn't raised abroad.

What kept me interested was the plot and acting. Almost everyone in this show acts amazingly well and fits their roles. Plus, every characters has their own little track. The show may be dark and dreary, but it is very much real. And that is why I'm still watching it intently.

@bold : That's what hooked me too, Sarah. I remember the first few epis where the baby is fed crushed glass with milk. It was horrendous. But is a reality. The show lost it midway for a while, but its back on track now.
@blue: Bingo. Most shows have supporting casts as props. This show has characters that actually have a purpose and a story.
Eventide thumbnail

Originally posted by: AMRUTHANAG

I totally agree with you sarah...

One of the reasons why this show worked for me was that it is starkly honest in its treatment of a topic that is quite taboo...

Other reasons- Good storyline, great acting( esp from the lead pair and Ammaji), attention paid to the minor characters( they are not just ornaments on a christmas tree like other shows) and a sensitive depiction of female infanticide.

LAADO ROCKS! 😊

@bold: Exactly. Most shows are fluff. This show actually dares to show the reality, without micning any words.
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Eventide

Most shows have supporting casts as props. This show has characters that actually have a purpose and a story.

Exactly! I'm surprised how the writers have managed to interconnect all the tracks so efficiently. Under the direction of most of the creative teams out there, a show with this many characters could easily have gone haywire. Laado has managed to keep everyone's story woven together in such a way that if you ignore one track completely, somewhere down the road it'll connect with the main plot and you'll eventually feel lost. That's what I really admire about these writers!

Hi...welcome to this forum. Always glad to see new people joining in and offering comments.
Can u introduce urself?😊
Eventide thumbnail

Originally posted by: sarah1024

Exactly! I'm surprised how the writers have managed to interconnect all the tracks so efficiently. Under the direction of most of the creative teams out there, a show with this many characters could easily have gone haywire. Laado has managed to keep everyone's story woven together in such a way that if you ignore one track completely, somewhere down the road it'll connect with the main plot and you'll eventually feel lost. That's what I really admire about these writers!

Exactly, Sarah. Most shows with multiple characters/tracks turn into a circus. Got to hand it to the creative team here. They weave the tracks so well.
@Feeling lost: Skip a show for a few weeks, not much change in story. Skip a few epis here, and you do feel lost. I missed a few month's worth. And could not make head or tail of what was going on.
Edited by Eventide - 14 years ago
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its a great show..i think one of the best on Indian television at this point...unfortunately i cant watch it regularly even if i wanted to because i live imainly n london where colours is not available... and i can only tune in when i am in India......i will keep looking at the forum now and then to atleast know what has happened....over here i have no choice but to watch shows like Bidai....or yeh rishta kya kehlata hai...which i could have very well done without!!!....the latter has no story..and the former has an irrelevant track which makes no sense..........it makes me angry why i cant get colours here instead of starplus!!!! ...
Edited by sonia77 - 14 years ago
Hi sonia! Welcome to this forum! Hope our updates, discussions and pics are useful to u.😊
Edited by AMRUTHANAG - 14 years ago