character sketch of the protagonists

regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Ammaji: played by Meghna Malik

Amma is a 50 years old widow - the zamindaar, prime moneylender and chief contractor of the village. A formidable lady, Amma runs her house and the village with an iron fist. Nothing happens in the village without her consent. She can go to any extent to protect the village's traditions and her own power and enjoys an absolute control over the villagers and her family.
Amma pretends to be liberal and progressive, but in reality she is deeply rooted in tradition and is actually orthodox. Like the men of her village, Amma strongly believes that girls bring shame to families and therefore she prohibits the birth of a girl child in her village.
Although Amma dotes on her sons, she mistreats her daughter-in-laws in keeping with the tradition of ill-treatment by a mother-in-law. She has inculcated her beliefs into her sons that men are supposed to rule and that women should be ruled over. As a consequence of this, the women in her house have no rights.

Sia: played by Natasha Sharma

Sia is well educated, straightforward, pretty, gracious, caring and self-confident. Her positive approach and never say die attitude makes her extremely relatable. She never backs out of any situation and the grit and determination she has inherited from her father enables her to tide over any situation. Sia is a girl who takes on the might of a village and fights for the rights of women without breaking the traditional, social or familial bonds or notions.

RAGHAV SINGH SANGWAN: played by Aditya Reddies

Raghav is is a business graduate, he is intelligent, handsome and athletic who likes playing polo. His mother Amma Ji dotes over him as she feels that he is the most competent and intelligent son of the lot. He is her pillar of strength, who she is grooming to be her heir.
Raghav is unabashed and proud male chauvinist who has a good heart. He can be charming when required but most of the times his arrogance takes the better of him.
Sia helps him discover his generosity and true self. She transforms him into a loving and caring person. Furthermore, she teaches him to respect women and treat them as equals.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Gr8 work! absolutely mindblowing...👏
But regalla...it is aditya redij, not reddies
Edited by AMRUTHANAG - 15 years ago
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great job, Regella! Thanks for posting these!

Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago
sas_s thumbnail
Excellent posting, thanks a lot.
Would you mind potraying other characters pls? I am new to this forum and certain characters are still aliens for me.
But, thanks a ton for the current post.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey great post..keep up the great work..
regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi...thanks to all of you.....
though i have posted this post about the characters of the serial for the in-depth information of all my friends, this is not my language.
i have culled the sketch from various sources... still since i found it too informative and lucid, and really liked it..i posted it here....
thanks..
renuz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Regella! Great job done by you. You have provided the sketch of the characters very aptly. Will you pl give details of some other characters too.