Written Update - 23rd October [Completed]

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
A terrified Jhumar clings to Ramrati, who assures her not to worry. She continues that Ammaji is feeling betrayed and humiliated at the moment and once she calms down, she'll change her mind about getting Jhumar married off to get rid of her. Jhumar contradicts her by saying that Ammaji holds her own honor above everything else, so there's no way she would accept Jhumar as a real family member. Ramrati hugs her and tries to make her feel better.

Sia brings Ammaji a glass of water and some food on a platter. Ammaji orders her to send that through Jhumar. As long as that chori is in the haveli, she will continue to be a servant. Sia goes back. When Jhumar arrives a few minutes later, Ammaji tells her that being Sheela's daughter won't change her status in the family. She was raised in this haveli as a servant and will leave the haveli as a servant. There's no need to have high hopes, for they'll only lead to disappointment.

Avtar is sitting solemnly in his room. Sia shows up and encourages him to do something for Jhumar. She says that they may not have been raised as siblings but God has sent her to the earth as his sister. It's a brother's duty to protect his sister and this is Avtar's chance to accept and embrace his sister. Otherwise, he will regret it immensely - just like he regrets not being there for his mother. Sia adds that she's sure Avtar would ensure Jhumar gets her rights if he truly considers her a sister.

Jhumar is in her room when Avtar shows up with a rakhi placed on the platter in his hands. He says that he had always wanted a little sister to adore and dote on. Whenever raksha bandhan would arrive, he wished there was someone to tie a rakhi on his arm and demand a gift from him. Today, he wants to experience all of those blissful emotions. He asks her to tie the rakhi on his arm. Jhumar is completely touched by his gesture and begins to cry. She says, but what about Ammaji? He replies that is exactly why he wants her to solidify their bond by tying the rakhi on his arm - so that he could protect her. As long as he's there he won't let any harm come to her. An emotional Jhumar then performs the rakhi tying ritual. After that, Avtar cups her face in his hands and says that she needn't worry henceforth. Her brother is with her! He kisses her on the forehead and wipes her tears. Both of them exchange smiles.

Sunehri tells Gajender that she usually can't stand fasting on any occasion, but she fasts every year on this one (she's referring to a fast that mothers keep on this day for their children - I couldn't catch the name she said) because nothing means more to a mother than her child. She prays loudly that her son shouldn't have the same fate as his father. When this offends Gajender, she says that facts are facts - he is a good for nothing, lousy husband who can't do anything for his wife and kid. He retorts that there is nothing left to do because Ammaji is hard to fool. She suggests playing nice in front of Ammaji and then begging her to give him back the privilege of handling all her accounts. Since today is a special day for mothers, Ammaji won't refuse him. Gajender promises that he will do that and deliver the good news to Sunehri before she ends the fast.

Ammaji has fasted for her sons. Raghav and Yoginder tell her to take care of her health and refrain from fasting - she isn't an ordinary woman and has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders. Ammaji replies that for a mother, her children always come before the world. Ganjender shows up and greets her, looking hopeful. Ammaji remarks that she could tell by his expression that he's there to ask for something. Gajender tries to impress and flatter her through sugar coated words, pretends to act remorseful and asks her to let him handle the financial hisab kitab again. The episode ends on Ammaji's face.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
u know the concept of rakhi in tht great veerpur must b obsolete..coz there aint any sisters to tie rakhi..lol
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update, Sarah. waiting for the rest of it.

The Rakhi thing doesn't really cut it. I have my doubts if Avtar would even stand up for his sister. He's weakest among them all.

@Anu: True. And there's actually a village in Rajasthan where no girl has been born (or rather killed at birth) for last 120 yrs.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Eventide

Awesome update, Sarah. waiting for the rest of it.

The Rakhi thing doesn't really cut it. I have my doubts if Avtar would even stand up for his sister. He's weakest among them all.

@Anu: True. And there's actually a village in Rajasthan where no girl has been born (or rather killed at birth) for last 120 yrs.

ya i know..they have probably taken the show concept form ther only..it had come as an article a few yrs bk..i had posted abt it in another topic also..
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You're all welcome!

Sandy - Yeah, Avtar is the most spineless man in the haveli. It should have been Raghav who took the vow of protecting her. Avtar couldn't do anything for Chanda or Sheela, so I don't think he can help Jhumar.