Written Update - 21st October

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
The scene continues from yesterday's episode. Ammaji's announces Sheela's punishment to receive fifty lashes. Then she adds that she wants the wife to be punished through her husband, hence Sheela's husband Dharamveer would be the one to whip her with the lash. One of the members of the Panchayat asks Sheela if she has anything to say say in her defense. Sheela has a flashback of the same conversation that was shown in mute during one of the previous episodes when Sheela went to Ammaji's room. They reveal what Ammaji said to her - whatever the Panchayat deems as her punishment, she will have to accept it. Otherwise, Ammaji will kill Jhumar. The flashback ends and Sheela says she's ready to accept her punishment.

Ammaji tells Dharamveer that this is his golden opportunity to avenge his humiliation. He throws Sheela a disgusted look and then Yashpal hands him the whip. He gets up, walks towards Sheela and starts hitting her mercilessly. Everyone is completely appalled, men and women alike. Sia, Chanda, Santosh and Jhumar begin to cry. Avtaar tries to stop Dharamveer but he continues to hit his wife. Sheela falls to the ground. Her body is covered in wounds, and blood oozes out of them. She yells in pain each time the whip hits her. Raghav can't take it anymore and leaves. Once Dharamveer is done, he leaves as well. Sheela is left lying on the ground as everyone looks on, horrified.

Jhumar goes to her room, remembers the whipping incident and starts to sob badly. She asks God why he didn't stop this act of injustice. She continues, why was it a crime for a mother to want her child to live? Had Choti Ma (Sheela) really committed such an unforgivable act simply by giving birth to her and making sure she lived? It's because of her that her mother suffered today. It would have been better if Choti Ma had killed her at birth instead!

Sia, Santosh and Chanda bring a limping, wounded Sheela home. They lay her on the bed. Sia asks Santosh to get some ointments. Sheela tells them all to leave her to herself. Sia says that they can't; they have to tend to her wounds at least. She gets up to get some water and cotton balls, but Sheela tells them all to leave her alone for a while. She can barely speak properly, and is trembling and stuttering. Santosh says that they will come back in a while. The three of them leave the room.

Ammaji and the rest return to the haveli. Dharamveer is pleased with what he did. He points out to Ammaji that he loved how she put him in charge of whipping Sheela. He adds that she had humiliated him badly in public, so in anger instead of fifty lashes he delivered at least a hundred to her! Ammaji snidely tells him to stop being so proud. Had he been capable of controlling his wife earlier, they wouldn't have had to see this day. She further adds that she would have had him hit fifty times with a whip if she knew earlier what a wimp of a man he was.

Jhumar enters Sheela's room. She picks up the first aid box from the table, sits on the bed and starts to apply the ointment on Sheela's wounds. Sheela is really pleased to see her. Jhumar says, "Please, let me tend to your wounds today. I had never realized how much you had suffered on the inside all these years. You did so much for my sake and you're in this state today because of me. Yet, I didn't even accept you as my mother. I don't deserve to be forgiven for that. I'm really sorry, Choti Ma. Please forgive me. Please forgive me!" Sheela gets up and kisses Jhumar on the head as both women cry. The episode ends.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

one2none thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for the great update. Wish at least Ragav had backbone. What a shame ..
sarah1024 thumbnail
You're welcome! :-)

Yeah, it's a pity that Raghav did nothing to stop it. It's insane how Ammaji makes the entire village dance to her tunes and not even one person has the guts to stand up to her.
moodylilgurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great Update and so prompt!! Well done!
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update, Sarah. Its pathetic that men prefer to leave the scene than do something about the injustice.
sarah1024 thumbnail
You're welcome, Sandy. Yeah, the men in this show are so spineless ... especially Raghav, who has the power to stop all this since he's Ammaji's golden child. Yet he does nothing about it.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Exactly, Sarah. He can fret and fume till kingdom come. Even pack up his stuff and leave. But not stand up against his mother. 😡🤢
What's even worse that its not all fiction. Reality is worse. Remember the case of Mukhtaran Mai?
Edited by Eventide - 15 years ago