SHEELA'S PUNISHMENT...UR TAKE?

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Yesterday's episode was really poignant. We see Sheela sitting calmly, awaiting her punishment. But she is not at all perturbed coz she doesn't really care about the consequences of her actions. Her daughter is still ALIVE and that is all that matters for her. { A very graceful portayal by the actress playing Sheela}👏

What was very anger- provoking was the punishment announced by the heartless Ammaji. As the "PANCHAYAT" [huh!] and the villagers look on calmly, she pronounces 50 lashes for sheela's "misdeed".

Hopefully, this cruel punishment will spur on Raghav to take sides with his aunt and desert his mom. For the past few episodes, there has been a slow transformation in him... he feels stifled by the wrongs happening around him and confides in Sia . Let us see if his words translate into actions! 😊

Edited by AMRUTHANAG - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh lord, don't even get me started on the punishment ... I was sitting there going "What the hell?" as soon as Ammaji announced the fifty lashes thing. If they actually show her being whipped in the episode, it will be the most disturbing episode of Laado till date! I sincerely hope that they don't do this stuff in real life in this day and age. I was so disgusted by the whole thing ... it pains me to see that wanting your child to live is considered a heinous crime. This Panchayat is getting on my last nerve. Ugh!

I too, hope Raghav comes to Sheela's rescue. He's the only one left who can do something to change the scenario. If he and Sia team up together, they can make a world of difference.

Nice topic of discussion, by the way. :-)

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
But sarah, these things DO happen... U might think whether such things can happen in today's liberated age...but it does.

And wat is appalling is that even educated ppl engage in such mindless acts.
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's quite scary to know this stuff happens even today, isn't it? *sigh*

I'm glad I wasn't born or raised in such a society, but I feel awful for those that did. I can't believe even educated people engage in this stuff. It's good that Laado is doing well in the TRP charts. People should watch such shows for awareness.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this does happen in today's world too..u know,i had read in an article abt this girl whose story was exactly the same as jhumar's,some yrs back..the mother was married into a village where it wasnt allowed to give birth to a girl and the child was killed in the same way as shown in the show (with the glass pieces *shudders*)..this girl's mother had given birth in her maiden home and left the girl there..then yrs later the girl came back to her village as a doctor or something and was the only girl in tht village..i think the show took its base from this incident only..other than this there r so many cases..there was one where God knows how many female corpses were found in a well which had been aborted after gender determination on USG..the pre natal diagnosis law came into effect after this incident..its worse than pathetic but this is a normal way of life in sum belts of India..maybe other places in the world too,i dont know..
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: sarah1024

Oh lord, don't even get me started on the punishment ... I was sitting there going "What the hell?" as soon as Ammaji announced the fifty lashes thing. If they actually show her being whipped in the episode, it will be the most disturbing episode of Laado till date! I sincerely hope that they don't do this stuff in real life in this day and age. I was so disgusted by the whole thing ... it pains me to see that wanting your child to live is considered a heinous crime. This Panchayat is getting on my last nerve. Ugh!

I too, hope Raghav comes to Sheela's rescue. He's the only one left who can do something to change the scenario. If he and Sia team up together, they can make a world of difference.

Nice topic of discussion, by the way. :-)

Yes it'll be pathetic to watch but I don't think any scen can be worse than the beating up and torturing of Sunita
It really left me awestruck and traumatized as if it happened in real 😲
I even had nightmares
😆
dimpy_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
one woman is responsible for sorrows of all womens
if girls have capacity to become mukhiya like amaji why are killed ???????/
story writer must know its due to men women suffers not due to women women suffers........
pratsy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

good topic yaa..

d show was so sad..
kash raghav apni chachi ka sath deta...
regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the scene was really horrifying..... i literally had tears in eyes thinking what women really have to undergo in such backward societies.

everybody was so heartless in that scene....

do all those ladies present there never think that if only their parents too had killed them at the time of their births..including that bloody Ammaji? and how will even the sons come when there will be no girls left to give birth to them.........oh my god....
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Disgusting. But fact is worse than fiction. Women have been tonsured, stripped and paraded, their nose cut off. Even ordered to be gang-raped. All in the name of justice?? Where exactly did their men go??