Written Update - 20th October

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Sheela comes into the kitchen, where Sia and Santosh ask her what went down in Ammaji's room. Sheela says that Ammaji has called for a Panchayat meeting to deal with the issue. When she leaves, Santosh remarks that only after attending the meeting will they get to know what Ammaji has decided.

An announcement is made in the village about the Panchayat and all the villagers are curious about the reason behind it. Some are surprised that Ammaji would call a meeting for a woman from her very own haveli.

Sia tells Jhumar that she can understand her confusion and why she resents Sheela for lying to her all these years. She tries to make her sympathize with Sheela's plight. She points out that Sheela has made a lot of sacrifices so that Jhumar would live and lead a good life. When Jhumar needed blood, Sheela was the one who risked everything to donate it to her. The biggest challenge that a mother could face was not being able to embrace her own child despite the child being right in front of her. Then Sia requests Jhumar to give Sheela a place in her heart, for that might help her deal with the upcoming consequences.

Rangeeli butters Ammaji up with sugar coated words and expresses her desire to attend the Panchayat. Ammaji coldly replies that she will certainly attend and must tell the rest of the women to show up as well - it's very important that women attend today's panchayat. Saying that, Ammaji leaves.

Sia offers moral support to Sheela, who assures her not to worry. Today she is prepared to face whatever comes her way.

The Panchayat meeting begins, and everyone arrives. Ammaji announces that the Panchayat has always served justice and she is there today to seek justice for her haveli's matter. For years, the villagers have followed the rules set by the ancestors but today, her sister-in-law Sheela violated one such rule by not only giving birth to a daughter, but raising her secretly as a servant in the haveli. What has to be done with Jhumar shall be decided later, but Sheela's fate will be decided today. The Panchayat is at par with God, who doesn't discriminate between the rich and the poor. The punishment that's given to an ordinary woman for this heinous crime shall be given to Sheela, and it should be such that no woman would ever dare to violate the laws of Veerpur again. Sheela has not only humiliated Ammaji but the entire village, hence her punishment is to be whipped fifty times. The episode ends on everyone's horrified faces.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

one2none thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the update. Great work !
garima528 thumbnail
just exactly what is Panchayat?
sarah1024 thumbnail
@ Garima - Panchayat is what the villagers call a court hearing I guess. Everyone gathers at a place, including the accused person. Then a group of 'judges' decide whether he or she is guilty, and what their sentence should be.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great update..i wonder wot will happen next..tell me one thing,how come sia is given better clothes now and she gets to sit on the bed of family members,etc?has sumthng happened in the show tht i missed?or is it a blooper?
cutyv thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the great update
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks a ton for the great update
ambodidi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: garima528

just exactly what is Panchayat?

It's a form of government in Indian villages. There are five people from the village or the community who take decisions. It is a form of court, but they're also supposed to arrange for basic facilities in the village.
sarah1024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu rulz

great update..i wonder wot will happen next..tell me one thing,how come sia is given better clothes now and she gets to sit on the bed of family members,etc?has sumthng happened in the show tht i missed?or is it a blooper?

I don't think it's a blooper. The makers of the show must have realized that Sia's clothes were too plain and unglamorous for a lead, so they started giving her better stuff to wear. LOL!
garima528 thumbnail
i can;t believe they still allows things like this to happen this panchayat is a joke if they allow things like this to happen