roshaaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Na aana is des laado courts controversy

By MayurLookhar 3 Sep 2009 - 17:50

Indians don't like seeing the truth even though we know what ails our society. Often art faces flak when trying to depict reality. Colors and Shakuntalam Telefilms show Na aana is des laado has incurred the ire of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda who has sent a letter to the Government expressing his displeasure over the show.

Na aana is des laado throws light on the ills of female infanticide and the plight of the rural women in Haryana.

Confirming the news, an official from Haryana CM's office says, "The Chief Minister was receiving complains from the public regarding what was been shown in the show. It depicts the state in poor light. So based on those complaints, the Chief Minister wrote a letter to the Information & Broadcasting Ministry, who has now asked the channel to refrain from showing any such objectionable content."

Our efforts to get a confirmation from I & B Ministry officials proved futile.

Meanwhile, an actor from the show informs, "Yes, I've heard that the channel did receive a letter from Haryana CM who expressed his unhappiness with our show. He was of the view that the show depicted Haryana in poor light and brought shame to the state and what is being shown is not real. Apparently, the channel and the producer have taken cognizance of that and have now decided that from hereon we won't be using Haryanvi language at all."

Well, Laado is a successful show and one of the reasons attributed to its success is usage of the Haryanvi language. So, won't cutting on the dialect take the sheen off some characters?

'No, I don't think that will happen. Our TRPs have been soaring high. The viewers will remain loyal to us," this actor replied.

However, Meghna Malik, who plays the antagonist, offers a different take.

She says, "I'll be heart broken if this true, I've worked very hard on the character and the dialect. How do you say that this is Haryanvi? It's a universal language understood by everybody. There are some fans who tell me that I speak very good Rajasthani and some say it's Marwari. If people are liking it then where is the problem? If its true then my 6-7 months of hard work goes down the drain. One should not compromise on the expression. It will only hamper the project if this notice is taken seriously."

if u like it plzz press the like button

Edited by roshaaan - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roshaaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

why yaar they are showing the reality ......
super_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well if u hate this show so much then why are you paying attention 2 it!
pretty.woman thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Why??? only because it shows the reality??
Well It's not your fault actually...Truth is always hard to digest....