Is Colors Playing a Huge Gamble?

bhavesh871 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This post by no means is to bash any forum members or the shows that are aired on Colors. It is my opinion , I read in the Balika Vadhu forums that viewers are getting bored of watching that show because all they have been showing is crying and sadness. So my question is that Colors has been airing lots of shows in the Prime time band that are dealing with social issues and how long can a show on social issue deliver good story line. According to me shows based on social issues cannot be dragged on forever as vieweres tend to loose interest and with just airing social issue shows like Balika Vadhu, Laado, and now Bhagyavidhata colors isnt really offering any variety in its show. Remember with Star Plus they were flying high with their saas bahu shows for seven years but eventually that had to change their programming strategy and bring in the change which is now evident with the newly launched shows.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Kash- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
itneresting point, I think Colors should get some youngster type of shows and even comedy shows, their programming is extensively serious and intense, which may eventually work against the channel
Personally I have stopped watching BV since its too depressing, I have enough problems in my own life, don't want have stress over the stupid character's fictional life lol!
TwilightHaze thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ya social issue shows get boring after a point for example Balika Vadhu was quite interesting at the start but later on it got boring n depressing..same case is with Uttaran..so i stopped watching these n the entire audience will stop watching them after sometime coz they have no entertainment factor
renuz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You have made an excellent point. I too feel colors should review their programmes and do the needful.
lovingworld thumbnail
ya i think now a youth based show remake of friends is gonna launch soo that will make d difference!!
rudeMRindia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
totally agree with your point bhavesh .shows on colors are becoming more and more concerning of social issues .they should think and add spice to their shows and try and show something that is youth based .
chimuli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes u r right........
COLORS is bcomin too preachy..........
with shows like lado,BV.....they tryin to give an overdose....
Even they are too stubborn to listen to their viewrs...they axed MRD though it was doing good...
Soon they have to learn that TV is meant for entrtainment not for overdose of msg....
though they are losing race with bidai n yrkkh on SP.