Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
MJHT has taken a drastic turn this week with the death of one of their major leads Nupur (Rati Pandey), as the show takes a three year leap. Rati's fans are likely to be upset after witnessing it. It is likewise for Rati too.

We spoke to Rati on this and she said "I know the news was shocking for the audience and it came as a shock to me too! My fans have been messaging me even from Pakistan and other places. The character was very close to my heart and very similar to the real me I will definitely miss playing Nupur."

On being asked about the kind of television roles she likes playing, she said, "I am an ardent fan of shows like 'Na Aana Iss Des Laado' and 'Balika' and follow it regularly as the concepts of the shows are strong "

We asked her about her future plans now that she has been ousted from MJHT, and she said, "I don't really think about the future which is very uncertain and if we look forward to something which does not happen eventually, it becomes disappointing. So, I will just wait for something good to come my way and see what clicks"

Well, the audience will sure miss seeing Rati as Nupur and we hope that we get to see the lovely actress back soon with a new venture playing a power packed role!

--Rima Wadhwa/ TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/447-mjhts-nupur-an-ardent-fan-of-na-aana-iss-des-laado-and-balika.html
niveditha thumbnail
Every actor dreams of playing a different role, a role that they admire. Our tele stars are no different either. They have their own inspirations within the industry itself. When we asked some of our tele stars about the role that they would like to essay, they were only too glad to convey their aspirations to TellyCafe.

Let's now see what they had to say:-

Kritika Kamra
I would love to play Nupur of 'Mile Jab Hum Tum' fame. Although Rati PandeyNupur's role from 'Mile Jab…'. I absolutely love the sweetness of the character. And the way the role has been shaped and moulded is simply amazing!

Kapil Nirmal

does it beautifully and seems best suited for it, I would love to do it on television too. My vote goes to
I like Yudi's character the most but would love to act in the character of 'Keshav Pandit' of Zee TV, if I get a chance of opting for some other role. It's definitely interesting! If not Yudi then Keshav Pandit would have been my choice.

Divyanka Tripathi

Hmm… I would love to be 'Jhansi Ki Rani'. My mom always says that you would have been best suited as Rani Lakshmi Bai. I would also love to act in a role of such historical eminence, that too, a legendary character like her. I keep admiring 'Jhansi Ki Rani' whenever the show is aired on television and feel that I could have done it better.

Nikhil Chadda

I would love to do Dutta Bhau from 'Laagi Tujse Lagan'. I simply love his personality. The character is very intense with various shades. This role is my first choice, therefore. The character has a lot of courage and aggressiveness that attracts me.

Daljit Kaur

I want to essay a character like Ammaji from 'Iss Des Na Aaana Lado' even if it doesn't suit my age. Its not that I like the negative shades, but I do admire the strength of the character. The power that the character wields makes me want to do it. It always been my dream to essay such strong roles. Ammaji just rocks!

Abhishek Rawat

I don't want to play the lovey-dovey roles at all. I want to be in Sony TV's C.I.D or play similar characters. Or else, I would love to play the role of Pankaj Kapoor in 'Office Office', the character of Musaddi Lal, who is a common man but handles different situations ideally.

Ratan Rajput

I always wanted to play Gangu Bai, the character admirably played by our little darling Saloni Daini. She makes people laugh. I had made people cry before and am done with the crying now. I would love to be Gangu Bai and make the viewers laugh for a change.

Karan Mehra

I don't see any character which inspires me from the current lot of serials but yes, the character of Hiten Tejwani as Karan in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahi Thi' was awesome and I admire it deeply. I still think that I could have played the role well as I feel it was best suited for me.

TellyCafe wishes all our Television actors success with their dream projects, All the best, hope you get your dream roles soon.

--Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/features-a-analysis/489-tele-stars-speak-about-their-dream-roles.html
niveditha thumbnail
Ammaji and Amba, the two fiery women from Na Aana Iss Des Laado, clearly believe in winning every battle either by hook or by crook.

Recently, the set of the kitchen reality show, Kitchen Champion almost turned into a battlefield as the two ladies competed against each other to win the culinary challenge. And guess what? They were not only armed with karchhis and belans but also didn't shy away from threatening the host of the show, Ronit Roy and the chef judge, Gauti!

While Ammaji aka Meghna Malik bullied everyone present in her trademark Haryanvi dialect,; Amba aka Shikha Singh was no less with her sharp remarks. To keep the mood light, Ronit was seen flirting with Amba, while Ammaji added flavour to the scene by constantly picking on him and cracking jokes. Catch all this drama in Kitchen Champion on Tuesday at 1 pm in the Saanjhi Dopehar band on Colors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Ammaji-vs-Amba-in-the-kitchen/articleshow/6070703.cms
niveditha thumbnail

Aditya Redij: I did the weirdest thing a couple of years ago during monsoon. We were in a group of friends who decided to get drenched in the rain. We had a blast but after that we did the unthinkable. We actually had the guts to go to a five star hotel and order cutting chai and bhajiya , which they obviously didn't serve.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Walking-down-the-rainy-lane&aid=1864
niveditha thumbnail
Telestars Speak About Their Bad Habits
Wednesday, 23 June 2010 19:38
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Every individual has some bad habit or the other, conduct that is abhorred by others. Sometimes they want to get rid of it themselves but fail to do so. While good manners are appreciated by one and all, bad ones draw a lot of flak. Tele Stars are no different either. They have, in fact, shared a few of their so called bad habits with TellyCafe. Here we go…

Mahi Vij

I am always busy either on my phone or chatting to friends online. That's my worst habit as I even ignore to eat while chatting. I never listen to anyone while I keep busy chatting on my cell phone. I know that this is a very bad habit but I really can't control it as I'm totally addicted.

Romit Raj

I have a very bad habit of watching television. Doesn't matter when I reach home, late at night or early in the morning, my day does not really end until I watch a bit of television. I even watch Surya TV as I do not restrict myself to Hindi channels alone. I don't really understand anything but still enjoy watching it. But that's very bad, I know.

Ratan Rajput

I have many bad habits; I am just filled with them. But one habit I really have to get rid of is not replying to any of the messages received. I just choose to ignore a message that requests a reply too. But I really can't help it as I don't like to type messages on my cell phone. In fact I would love to write a long letter but please don't ask for any text replies. I will happily call you back though.

Kapil Nirmal

I don't have any vices like drinking, smoking et all. But one thing that I would certainly like to change is not getting involved. I tend to shy away from people which is both bad as well as harmful.

Rubina Dilaik

I just cannot bring myself to clean out my bedroom or wardrobe.. My mom always rebukes me for it but I never changed my habit. I keep things scattered everywhere in my bed room. I realize the seriousness of my problem whenever I need to hunt all over my bedroom for finding things. The consequences of not keeping your room tidy dawns on my only then.

Aditya Redij

I just can't get up in the mornings which makes me late for my shoots as well. I really have to change this habit of mine but going to bed at 10 PM in order to get up early, the next day, is next to impossible for me. It is not a recently acquired habit though. The inability to get up early has been with me since my school days.

Jennifer Winget

I am very impulsive, I don't think twice before speaking which is really very weird. I simply start talking without waiting to think how the other person will take it. And that is something which I should definitely change. I can't control my words or my anger and that should be taken seriously. But I don't think that I will be able to do so. After all that's my bad habit.

Jay Soni

I don't have any control over my diet; I eat junk food all the time. However, I keep worrying and get to consume diet food as well which may be damaging to health too. I really cannot make out how to eat right. I go to the gym regularly but have a tendency to gorge on food without thinking.

That's true guys it's very difficult to change your habits and if fortunately you do get to succeed in changing your habits, they can't be called bad habits anymore. So keep enjoying!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com
niveditha thumbnail
War of sexes on Kitchen champion 2
Buzz up!

After putting to test the culinary skills of actresses who have barely stepped into their ghar ka rasoi, Kitchen Champion is back with its second season and a twist.

This season you will not only witness the fiery, strong willed women but the suave and adrenaline pumping male protagonists from various shows on Colors who will be thrown into the pits of hell's kitchen.

Kitchen Champion 2
will unleash the war of sexes where the girls and guys will be pitched against each other. Some of the names who are on the verge of giving their nod are Aditya Redij aka Raghav of Na Aana Iss Des Laado, Rohit Khurana aka Vansh of Uttaran and Romit Raj from Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai. Ronit Roy will host of the show but it is uncertain if Roshni Chopra was approached to host season two.

The actress had almost finalized the deal but had to back out at the last moment. Confirming the news Chopra said, "I won't be able to do the show as I will be busy with my other commitments. Things didn't work out so I was left with no option but to opt out of the project."

Reverting to our text Roy confirmed that he is hosting
Kitchen Champion Season 2. He said, "Yes, Kitchen Champion 2 is set to begin soon and I will be hosting it. I am super-excited as this time it's going to be boys vs girls."

Only time will tell if the male brigade will be able to outshine the fairer sex when it comes to kitchen politics. Catfights were so last season; we hope this season that the food will do the talking!

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=War-of-sexes-on-Kitchen-champion-2&xfile=2010/June/News_20100629_47

niveditha thumbnail
A lot of dramatic twists and action will be seen in the upcoming episodes of Colors' show Na Aana Is Des Laado with Sia (Natasha Sharma) clashing with Ammaji (Meghna Malik) once again.

Sia will be seen going against Ammaji and other male members of the family to get justice for their maid servant Gunja's murder, who was raped by her brother-in-law, Gajender. While Ammaji will try to manipulate the judicial system using her influence to save her rapist son, Sia will leave no stone unturned to send him behind bars and get justice for the maid's grieving family. Sia's decision will strain her relationship with husband, Raghav who will be torn between his wife and his family's honour. What will be interesting to see is if the women in the family will all join hands and support Sia in her fight for justice and also challenge Ammaji's authority or not.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Sias-battle-with-Ammaji/articleshow/6114806.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Sia challenges Ammaji yet again..

COLORS' Na Aana Is Desh Laado will see a battle between Sia and Ammaji, wherein Sia fights to ...

niveditha thumbnail
So, the much needed boost to the Colors show 'Na Aana Is Des Laado' has been provided in the form of an attempt to rape and murder of a maid by Ammaji's son Gajender. This will see the protagonist bahu Sia standing up against the family trying to get justice for the deceased.

That's sound like a fine track, the only glitch though is that haven't we seen such scenes before on TV. However, this particular story was made famous by Meenakshi Sheshadri in the 1993 blockbuster Damini. Sheshadri played Damini, wife of Shekhar Gupta (Rishi Gupta) whose brother rapes their maid Urmi. Damini goes against her own family and eventually brings the culprits to the book. In her quest for justice, Damini's relationship with her husband suffer.

Similar scenes will unfold in Laado, where Gajender (Anand Goradiya) attempts to rape the maid Gunja. Gajendra threatens to rape Gunja at gunpoint. In the ensuing scuffle, Gunja is shot dead. Sia (Natasha Sharma) is hell bent on getting justice for the deceased. So, she goes against her in-laws. As usual, Ammaji will abuse power to save her son. Relations between Raghav (Aditya Redij) and Sia will suffer as a result.

When contacted Natasha Sharma said, "The track is somewhat similar to Damini. Sia has always opposed Ammaji's decisions but her own marital situation took the focus away from bringing about a change in her household, village and the society. This incident is going to be a rude shock to Sia and she will be prepared to take on Ammaji again. I am sure the viewers would like to see justice delivered."

A source closely associated with the show says, "Yes, there's no denying that the track is inspired from Damini. In the present times, where audience loyalty is very inconsistent, it's important to keep coming up with such high points in the show. The novelty factor is there in the initial period, but after a year and a half the viewers get familiar with all the characters. Thus you need new tracks to win back your audience."

The ugly scenes will air tonight. History shows that high drama has always yielded good TRPs for Laado. Anand Goradiya is among the finest actors on television today. Trust him to be at his evil best while trying to rape poor Gunja.

--Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/668-laado-goes-the-damini-way.html
niveditha thumbnail

Aditya Redij: "Stay natural and stay fit. Don't go for stuff available in markets to make muscles or gain weight or even lose them. Adapt the natural way. There are no shortcuts to fitness and if you go for shortcuts, they won't sustain for a very long time. Dara Singh and Sanjay Dutt are perfect examples of naturally fit people."

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Stars-secret-to-healthy-living&aid=1895