Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Bhanupratap develops a lust for Jhanvi in Laado

Bhanupratap dreams of getting close with Jhanvi in this week's Maha Episode of Na Aana Is Desh ...

niveditha thumbnail
Why did you choose to do a ghost's role in Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli?

The role was no doubt different as different can be. As an actor, I think I need to play a variety of roles. I want to enjoy acting and what can be more fun than playing a ghost! The atma in the show comes back to the haveli with a motive. I have shot for the promo for now and am looking forward to a fulfilling experience with Rajshris. I have heard it is a cool place to work and I can't wait to get started.

What is it like working with Karan V Grover and Suhasi Dhavi?

I have met Suhasi and shot the promo with her. She is very sweet and friendly. Though I haven't met Karan yet, I have heard he is a gentleman. I am eager to shoot with the cast and get to know all of them better.

What will be most challenging about playing a ghost?

The most challenging aspect about playing a ghost will definitely be the fact that one can't relate to it. There have been numerous ghosts in serials and films so we will try to show our version of a spirit. Having never seen a spirit it would certainly be a challenge for me to play such a role with conviction. I am going to try to make it not so gory but scary. Rest, of course will depend on the brief and the graph of the character. Watch out for the mysterious ghost in the haveli!
What kind of ghost experiences or ghost stories have you heard? Which horror film scared you?

I have heard many ghost stories but never had any ghost experiences. While shooting you hear stuff like someone saw something move in a certain building or off hand a person would narrate how such-n-such building is haunted. I don't know how true these stories are as there is no verification. I have heard that there are certain shows on television wherein people go checkout haunted locations and dish out scary stories about the landmark. It makes for a spooky watch for sure but again who knows if it is true. I have seen and enjoyed many horror films – Paranormal Activity being one of them.

How did it feel to leave Na Aana Is Des Meri Laado?

It was really tough to leave the show. I was so attached to it. Laado was my baby and when I left I had to give my baby to someone else. But I guess the show must go on and it has continued well. I had a lovely time working on the show and I have fond memories of it. I too have moved on and so have they.

Tell us about your most cherished experiences from the show?

I have loads from working together on a scene, to watching the scene work its magic with the audiences, from sharing makeup rooms with cast, befriending them, chatting and being a family. Laado was very special to me. I miss them a lot.

Are you in touch with anyone in that show - Aditya, Meghna?

Oh yes I am in touch with most of the actors from Laado be it Aditya Redij, who is now doing a new show Preeto. I saw his first episode and felt he looked really good and acted well. The character of an Air force pilot is cool. I wish him the best. I am also in touch with Meghna - Ammaji who is a wonderful, wonderful person.

Have you seen Laado after the leap and recent Bhanupratap re-entry?

No. I never used to get time to watch the show when I was acting in it and now when I am out of it, I hardly get time to watch it. I haven't caught any episode of the show. But I am sure they are doing a great job.

What did you do in your break?

Well I enjoyed my free time the most. I met friends and family and spent quality time with all of them. I hardly used to get time to meet them when I was shooting Laado. I also write Hindi poetry, so I indulged in that for a while and rest of the time I read a lot and caught up on the movies. I am currently reading a lovely engrossing book called Rebirth by Janhvi Barua which is about this woman going through turmoil in life. I enjoy reading fiction a lot.

Who are your friends in the industry?

I don't have many friends as I am not that out-going or social. I am an introvert and would rather go out with friends or call them over to my house than party. I am friendly with Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande, Nandish and Rashmi Desai and Aditya. I also have a gang of friends from school and college.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Natashas-atma-avatar&aid=3069
niveditha thumbnail
Avtaar to be back in Naa Aana Is Desh Laado...

Harish Verma aka Avtaar to return with certain facts about Bhanupratap in Colors' Na Aana Is ...

niveditha thumbnail
All the COLORS artist came together to sing our Patriotic National Anthem 'Jana Gana Mana ' at one of the most celebrated day in Our country Independence Day. In full support were the actors Present. All of them decided on wearing the colour of peace white along with Safron, Green and blue chunis. You will get to see them sing the beautiful anthem on the 15th of August Independence Day only on COLORS.

http://www.mastione.com/national-anthem-sung-by-the-colors-family/

niveditha thumbnail
The secret of the imposter behind Ammaj
Tushar Behl, TNN | Aug 16, 2011, 04.21PM IST
After taking some rather interesting twists and turns, " Na Aana Is Des Laado" is about to spring yet another astonishing surprise for the viewers.
One of the main characters of the show, Ammaji, was kidnapped from the podium in a political rally in the show recently. But then there was a double role track where one can see an imposter in Ammaji's house taking Ammaji's place in the house. The real twist begins as the secret of the imposter will be revealed.
The audiences are soon going to get a glimpse at who this 'fake' Ammaji really is! While the face and the clothes are the same, behind the veil lies a modern version of Ammaji. While physically the only difference between the two is that the imposter has cropped hair, the true distinction perhaps lies in the way they think. The imposter will be seen revealing her short hair, thus ending suspense situation.
While the audience is itching to know what the truth is, they will have to wait to know what exactly is going to happen. Meghna Malik aka Ammaji says, "As the short-haired Ammaji, I play myself...the way I am in real life. However, it has been a task to switch on one character and switch off another while shooting. Playing two starkly different roles on the same show can be a rather daunting experience. There's constantly this internal conflict going on. However, I hope the audiences enjoy watching both, the real and the reel side of me now!"
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/skins/TOINEW/navigator.asp?Daily=TOIM&showST=true&login=default&pub=TOI
Peeved by 'generation leap'

Every TV serial producer worth his salt has used a 'generation leap' to maintain the TRPs of long-running soaps. But this extremely convenient device may not necessarily be popular among all the actors of the serial. On the contrary, the sudden aging of their characters leaves a bad taste in the mouth for many in the original cast. One such actor is Harish Verma, who plays Avatar in Na Aana Iss Des Laado. What irks the young actor is that he has to play a character which is a whole generation older to the young breed. "This socalled younger generation has actors who are actually either my age or just a year younger to me! While it is an exciting challenge as an actor to enact such a role, it becomes a bit tedious over time," Harish says. We understand your plight Harish, but considering the fact that the show has given you national recognition, you shouldn't complain. As they say, you win some, you lose some!

AGGRIEVED: Harish Verma

niveditha thumbnail
Bodygaurd's presence was a joyous ride for Laado unit!

Salman Khan perks up the sets of Colors' Na Aana Is Desh Laado

niveditha thumbnail
Rana's family to be introduced in Na Aana Is Desh Laado

Two new characters to enter the Colors' show...

niveditha thumbnail
Kapil Nirmal comes back with Laado

After doing cameos and reality shows, Kapil makes a comeback in a full fleged role...

niveditha thumbnail
What If...

Vaishnavi Dhanraj aka Jhanvi of Colors' Na Aana Is Desh Laado speaks to us What If...