Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Ammaji gives blood to Sia in Laado..

A reluctant Ammaji is forced by Raghav to give blood to Sia in order to save her in COLORS' Na ...

niveditha thumbnail
Abhinav compensated with a role in Laado?
Buzz up!

As reported by Indya.com, Abhinav Shukla who was all set to do Shakuntalam Telefilms' tentatively titled Kudesan on COLORS had to back out from the project due to date issues.

The actor was required to shoot for Kudesan starting 15th of December which he couldn't as he is shooting for STAR One show Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi till the 4th of January. Shukla was disappointed to have not been able to do Kudesan but the production house apparently made his day by offering him a pivotal role in their other show Na Aana Is Des Laado on COLORS. He has been roped in to apparently play Bhanupratap's (Aman Verma) son.

Informs our source, "Abhinav was almost finalized to play the male lead in Shakuntalam Telefilms'
Kudesan but he had to decline the offer at the last moment as he is shooting for Geet. He couldn't sort his dates for Kudesan. But the production house was so impressed with his audition that they offered him a role in Laado. He will now essay the role of Bhaupratap son's post the leap of 20 years. His character is tentatively named as Karan."

When contacted, Shukla said, "I can't really comment on Shakuntalam Telefilms' new show for COLORS. As far as clashing of date is concerned, I don't see it as a problem. Endemol as a production house that's making Geet is very co-operative and would be more than happy to allow me to work in another show. I have no clue whatsoever about Laado."

Kudesan
or Laado, we can't wait to watch the hunk back on COLORS.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Abhinav-compensated-with-Laado&xfile=2010/December/News_20101208_16

niveditha thumbnail

Aditya Redijj
How do you feel that the year is about to end?
For me, it's no biggie. It was a big deal in school and college. I don't have that feeling of excitement anymore. Now I believe that days and years pass too early. I must admit that I don't like getting older.

What's makes December special?
I guess December is the best time for picnics and outing.

Any special memories?
There was one December which I spent in Canada. We partied throughout the trip

So how will you define 2010?
My show started in 2009 so 2009 was the best year for me. I was thinking as I got all the appreciation and popularity that year, but in 2010 I received four awards.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Special-December&aid=2378
niveditha thumbnail
Yash Dasgupta in Na Aana Is Desh Laado..

Yash Dasgupta who played Suraj in Bandini will be seen in the younger generation lot in Na Aana ...

niveditha thumbnail
Varun Kapoor to be Bhanupratap's son

Varun Kapoor will be essaying the role of Bhanypratap's son in Colors TV's Na Aana Is Desh ...

niveditha thumbnail
Natasha Sharma bids adieu to Laado..

Sia, played by Natasha Sharma will soon die post her delivery in COLORS' Na Aana Is Desh Laado...

niveditha thumbnail
Aditya Redij's lost and found memories!

Aditya Redij aka Raghav of Na Ana Is Desh Laado had a magical experience on the sets...

niveditha thumbnail
What appears to be the end may actually be a new beginning... as COLORS' most popular show Na Aana Is Des Laado will soon take an 18-year leap after they bid adieu to the lovely couple Raghav-Sia. We also know that there is a new beginning only after something ends! From the rural landscape of Veerpur, 'Na Aana Is Des Laado' will now progress to a posh locality of Greater Kailash in national capital New Delhi were life starts on a new note with Ammaji , her family and Amba , Ammaji's disowned daughter.

Bhanu Pratap will partly be successful in wiping out Ammaji's family as Raghav will succumb to Bhanu's attacks and Sia will breathe her last after delivering twin daughters under Amba's surveillance. Before his death Raghav will hand over the responsibility of raising his daughter in a non- violent atmosphere to Ammaji, while Amba will mentor that other twin that get separated during the chase. Now Sia's twin daughters act as a nemesis for Ammaji or be her future legacy? Viewers will witness this and lot more when Na Aana Is Des... Laado's new chapter begins on Tuesday, Dec 21 at 10.30 PM on COLORS.

Talking on the leap, Ashvini Yardi, Head of Programming, COLORS says, "The strength of Na Aana Is Des...Laado has always been their strong female characters, their triumphs and struggles in a rural context. As the show is on the verge of completing 500 episodes, we wanted to strengthen our connect with our loyal viewers by adding new affable characters to the already strong pack of Ammaji and Amba in a modern social context that will excite and entertain them more"

COLORS will be running an innovative campaign for its viewers to decide the names of Raghav and Sia's twin daughters. The twin daughters will be introduced in the show on 21 December. The names that have been shortlisted are Dhwani & Sakshi, Rewa & Aahana, Jhanvi & Diya. The role of the twin daughters will be essayed by innocent-looking Simran Kaur and effervescent Vaishnavi Dhanraj respectively.

Much to the viewers shock, Ammaji will play granny to her grand-daughter and bring her up under her strict scrutiny. The girl brought up by Ammaji will be a nave and introvert girl who is scared of Ammaji as she is discriminated being the only girl child of the house. She is constantly blamed by Ammaji for her father's death. On the other side, the girl raised by Amba portrays the character of a strong and a carefree girl who is pampered and loved by Amba and is being treated like her own daughter, unaware of the reality.

Sharing her experience on portraying Ammaji's charcter, Meghna Malik says "It's been a wonderful and challenging experience portraying and living the most complex character ever created on Indian Television for almost two years. Now that the show is taking a leap of 18 years, I look forward to playing a multilayered character."

Talking about the leap, Shyamashis Bhattacharya of Shakuntalam Telefilms says "We started the journey around two years back with COLORS. We have now successfully completed five hundred episodes and the leap is a natural progression. A story has to move forward in time. Viewers will soon see a transition from Veerpur to Delhi and therefore we are planning to resurrect upscale new sets that bring out the essence of Delhi. Audiences have always loved this programme and we are confident that they will welcome the fresh new faces who will take the legacy forward."

Bhanu Pratap who is responsible for Raghav and Sia's death will yet remain a terror for Ammaji and her family. Unaware of his existence, Ammaji leads a democratic life enjoying her status over ruling the house and Amba nurturing one of the children.

With a talented cast of Meghna Malik ( ammaji), Shikha Singh ( Amba), Aman Verma ( Bhanu Pratap) and others, Na Aana Is Des Laado will keep the viewers intrigued going forth.

Na Aana Iss Des Laado Takes 18 Year Leap
http://www.bharatstudent.com/cafebharat/photo_gallery_2-Hindi-Events-Na_Aana_Iss_Des_Laado_Takes_18_Year_Leap-photo-galleries-1,8,8744.php
niveditha thumbnail
Aditya Redij might be playing only tough roles from now on in serials. But the poor man was shocked when he had to undertake some housekeeping duties recently .

Returning home after a long day of shooting, he was aghast to find his drawing room and kitchen flooded with water.

"I changed into my shorts and without waiting to find out the source of the flood, I started cleaning the mess. It took me almost three hours to finish. Although I was dead tired and had planned to crash as soon as I reached home, I had to stay awake for that difficult task. In the end when I finished cleaning, I collapsed on my bed in damp clothes!" says Aditya with a smile.

Well, maybe Aditya should get himself a roommate who would share chores with him.

Read more: Aditya forced to clean-up! - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Aditya-forced-to-clean-up/articleshow/7127840.cms#ixzz18d4gbSEb
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am still learning taekwondo from YouTube for my character : Vaishnavi Dhanraj
Vaishnavi Dhanraj

Vaishnavi Dhanraj, last seen as Tasha in CID, will be seen playing Jhanavi, one of the twin daughters of Sia and Raghav in Naa Aana Iss Des Laado. Amba took her away while the family separated because of Bhanu Pratap. Here we talk to her more about her character on the show.

Tell us something about your character?
She is very strong and bold, the girl of today. She stands up for her rights and Amba has brought her up in such a way that she has ethics and values. But, she is a fun girl and likes being around people.

Have you followed the show?
I have seen a few episodes here and there but I didn't regularly watch it. But, every time I watched an episode, it would invariably have me glued to it. My mother regularly watches it and keeps updating me about the story.

Did you have to prepare for this character? Or did it come easily to you?
The character I play is a lot like me except in a few ways. Especially the way she talks on the show is a little rude; she has this tapori style of speaking. She uses a lot of slang so I needed to learn her language a bit. Apart from this, I had to learn taekwondo which I am still learning from watching YouTube! I have to drive cars and ride bikes which I already know.

So, do we get to see you riding bikes on the show?
I haven't shot any scene on the bike yet, except during one of our promotional campaigns in Delhi. I had to make an entry on my bike there.

Did you learn horse riding as your character lives with Amba who was a dacoit earlier?
No, they haven't asked me to learn it yet but if I get an opportunity I'll do it.

Has Jhanavi been told about the past of her family?
I think of Amba as my mother as she has never told me about my family's past and she pampers me a lot. I do not know if I will get to know of my family's past any sooner.

We hope the story does not turn to be like any other twin sister Hindi movie story?
I guess it is very much like that but that is what people like to see, one sister to be timid and the other, strong and confident. That helps balance things.

Is this character anywhere closer to the character you played in your previous show?
Yes, in a few ways both my characters have been very confident and disciplined. But, here Jhanavi is a lot more bubbly and disciplined for she practices taekwondo everyday in the morning. Tasha from CID was intelligent and so is Jhanavi but she talks a lot where my character in CID spoke only when required.

Have you met and bonded with everyone from the 'younger generation' of the show?
No, I haven't met anyone except for my sister (Simran Kaur) on the show and today we will be shooting together for the first time. And, I am sure we will have lots of fun together as we have just met and gelled well together. We'd be good friends working together as she is sweet and has no airs about her just like me. Both of us are down to earth.

How well do you think the audience will accept the leap?
I am 100 per cent sure they'll accept it because they loved Sia and Raghav and we are their children. They will want to look out for similarities between us and our parents. And even the story line is very interesting.

Post-leap are there any new issues being dealt with?
My other sister is going to stay with Ammaji and she is going to be dominated by Ammaji. As she thinks she is responsible for our parents' death. She thinks of her as a bad omen, which is yet another interesting track of the show. Though Ammaji has come to the city things are still the same with her. She still doesn't want a girl child.