Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Here is an article related to that interview:-

Natasha/Sia:-'My Grandmother was depressed at my birth'
Ammaji/Meghna Malik on Headlines Today's show Star Trek.
That statement echoes the story of many girls in our boy-obsessed nation. But it's particularly poignant coming from an actress who happens to star in a TRP-grabbing soap on female infanticide. Natasha Sharma (Sia in Colors' Na Aana Iss Des Laado) is on Headlines Today's Star Trek this week with her co-star Aditya Redij a.k.a. Laado's Raghav and the supremely talented Meghna Malik/Ammaji.
Sia/Natasha Sharma and Raghav/Aditya Redij on Star Trek.
Inconversation with the channel's Entertainment Anna M.M. Vetticad, Natasha recounts the social pressure that compelled her father to mouth the refrain, "My three daughters are like sons", throughout her childhood. The words clearly hurt her.
So why are powerful, smart, intelligent women like Ammaji usually compared to men? "But girls should be proud to be called men," says Aditya. "If a man is called a woman it means he's sissy... but if a woman is called a man it's a compliment." Huh? What is it about Aditya's mindset that causes Natasha to break down during the interview? And what's Meghna's take on Ammaji's hatred for the girl child, her 'masculine' body language, and the complete contrast between her character in the soap and her real-life short-haired, English-speaking, urbane avatar? Find out on Star Trek.

SNAPSHOTS FROM STAR TREK WITH THE 'LAADO' TEAM:

NATASHA: 'I DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED SIA OFF SET. I SHOOT SUCH LONG HOURS, SOMETIMES I THINK I MAY ONE DAY FORGET MY OWN NAME. I EVEN FEEL I WAS BORN IN THESE CLOTHES.'

MEGHNA: 'IT'S UNFAIR TO SAY THAT NA AANA ISS DES LAADO HAS LOST ITS FOCUS ON FEMALE INFANTICIDE. BUT IT CAN'T BE A DOCUMENTARY EITHER. A DAILY SOAP WILL MEANDER. IT'S THE DRAMATIC TWISTS AND TURNS THAT BRING IN TRPS. I GUESS YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL VIEWERS.'

ADITYA: 'WHEN PEOPLE DISCOVERED THE REASON WHY I MARRIED SIA ON THE SHOW, WOMEN HELD MY COLLAR & SHOOK ME. I LOVE SUCH EXTREME AUDIENCE REACTIONS.'

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Nakusha and Dutta bhau from Laagi Tujhse Lagan will be playing Big Money soon on Imagine. Giving them competition will be Raghav and Sia from Naa Aana Iss Des Laado.

Our insider tells us, "Nakusha-Dutta along with Raghav-Sia participated in the show. Unfortunately they weren't able to win as much as they would have expected to and returned home with just five lakh rupees since they planned to donate the winning amount to Helpage India and CRY."

We spoke to Mahhi Vij who plays Nakusha who seemed gung ho about the show. Mahhi says, "It was fun shooting with everyone; super fun shooting with Madhavan. Aditya, Natasha and Mishal were nice to shoot with. Initially the questions were simple but they got tougher as the game progressed."

All efforts to reach the other three remained futile. The episode will be telecast on August 8.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
'I knew I had it in me' Meghna Malik

Meghna Mali drops the cloak of Ammaji to let us take a closer look at her persona…

meghaparti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ammaji throws Raghav-Sia out; Sia kidnapped

Sia (Natasha Sharma) has thrown an open challenge to Ammaji (Meghna Malik) and filed an election form pitting herself against her in Na Aana Iss Des Laado. Meanwhile, Raghav (Aditya Redij) has realised his mistake and that he was wrong for not trusting his wife in the Gunja murder case and has now decided to support her.

Our source says, "It so happens that when Raghav says that he is going to support Sia in the upcoming elections against Ammaji, everyone is shell shocked. Ammaji gets furious on hearing this and she then announces that if they are not willing to follow the rules set by her and are hell bent on humiliating her in front of the village then they should leave the house soon. The couple accepts her decision and refuse to withdraw Sia's election application. Meanwhile there will be a bigger blow to Raghav once he steps out of the house. The very next day Sia goes missing from the new house. He will later learn that she has been kidnapped by an unknown person."

This track is likely to air early next week. There is also a possibility that Jhoomar and Dheeraj's love track may come in the limelight amidst this entire drama.

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey are fan favourites
Buzz up!
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Television characters are sometimes adored by their fans. Fans love their television characters so much, that they campaign for them relentlessly. We listed out some of the most popular characters on the small screen.
Showing 5 of 7 images Previous Next

Sia from Naa Aana Iss Des Meri Laado
She always stands for truth and can go against Ammaji if there is injustice. She loves Raghav a lot. This character is loved by all elderly woman and housewives who love to Sia and Ammaji's face off. In the recent award functions Raghav-Sia got favourite Jodi of the year.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=They-are-fan-favourites&aid=1945
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
If I were Mr.India for a day

When we first saw Mr.India all we wished was, 'I wish I could be invisible too then I would have…' We asked some of our popular stars what their wish list was if they were Mr.India for one day.

Natasha Sharma- I would love to know what people think about me and who are the ones who backbite about me. This is the best way to know who my real friends are.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Aditya Redij: I would like to tame all good habits so that are required to become a good human being. I would like to be remembered as a good and humble man who is always ready to help people in need. It's good to be nice.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=A-thing-I-would-like-to-tame&aid=1961
meghaparti thumbnail

Vikas 'Shera' Srivastav to resurface in Laado

Vikas Srivastava

Sia's (Natasha Sharma) saviour Shera who vanished from Naa Aana Iss Des Laado in last night's episode will resurface soon. He will once again meet her to help her during the election campaign though his motto behind it will remain a secret.

Our source says, "Sia and Raghav will not return home, in fact the difficult times will bring them closer. They will start campaigning for the election in the coming weeks. Ammaji will play her game very well but Sia is not going to back out so easily. She keeps fighting with every troublesome situation she is put into. Vikas Srivastav is playing Shera who rescued Sia from the goons. He has done some work in the past and a few movies too."

Shera will return time and again to help Sia whenever she would be in distress. But the mystery behind his entry will be revealed later. At this moment the focus will be on the clash of Sia-Raghav and Ammaji. Ammaji puts all her force to win over Sia in this election, so the major twist in the story will be around who wins it," the source adds.

meghaparti thumbnail

Shera in Laado becomes secretive to Sia

Shera (Vikas Srivastav) who once has saved Sia's (Natasha Sharma)'s life had gone off air from the show will do a comeback as a help in Sia's election campaign. The twist however, remains; Shera has some things to unfold about himself other than just a supporter.

Sia along with Raghav are leaving no stones unturned to fight against Ammaji in the elections. Latter too is playing her cards to resist Sia from getting an easy way out. Shera makes an entry whenever, Sia needs a rescue. However, his real identity has not yet been disclosed.

At present, the episodes will revolve around the elections and competition. And, coming episodes will reveal about the real face of Shera.