Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 3 days ago

It is now time for the final round of this season. This round's theme is Artists and Their Works.

We will be playing Wheel of Fortune on Discord. Wheel of Fortune is an American game show. Contestants in the show solve word puzzles, kind of like hangman, and win cash and prizes by spinning a giant wheel (hence "wheel of fortune").

Typically, the contestants first play in a quick round to see who goes first and then they have future rounds based on that. They get money for consonants and pay to buy vowels. The more consonants there are, the more money contestants get. For example if there are 3 Ts and the contestant landed on $300, then they would get $900. For vowels, contestants typically only spend once not based on the number of vowels there are. For example, if there are 5 Os, then the contestant only pays $250 to buy an O, not $1,250. Each contestant keeps going until either they hit a bankrupt or they guess a wrong letter (as in one not in the word puzzle). Then the next contestant after them gets their chance. If a contestant solves a puzzle, they typically get another $1,000.

Now the adjustments. Firstly 3 to 5 people will play at any one slot, which have already been assigned. I will randomly choose who starts the game. You will need to identify yourself when you first come online.

When you come on Discord, I will share a link to a Google Sheet where you will see a list of potential points that you can win. There is a randomizer set up to tell you how many points you can get for that consonant. For example, it might say 5 points and if you choose T and there are 5 Ts you'll get 25 points. Each contestant will keep going until they either hit Bankrupt or guess a wrong letter. You will get an extra 10 points for solving the puzzle. I will share pics of the puzzle before we start and then as letters get revealed. Please be patient. It takes a few seconds to copy and paste pics.

There are a total of 10 puzzles. We will play as many as we can in 30 minutes. There is no requirement to play all 10. I will randomly choose a puzzle to play, so we will not play in order.

I cannot make any accommodations if you do not play in your slot. As typical, about an hour before your slot I will send you a PM with the link to the Discord. Once you come online, identify yourself and then we will begin once either everyone joins or 5 minutes into the slot.

This is the final round. My expectation is that we will finish by Oct 23rd 11:59 PM IST.

Minionite thumbnail

Reminder you 3 still have your advantage outstanding. You have 12 hours from this post to decide if you want to use it. Suyyash used his for Round 4.

Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

This sounds very confusing 🥺

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ajab.Pehchan

This sounds very confusing 🥺

Lol it isn't. It's basically Hangman. smiley37

Rosyme thumbnail

Round 5 sounds like the game Bamboozled - Wicked Wango card game in Friends series.

Edited by Rosyme - 3 days ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Sorry. My toddler was having a meltdown. Apologies to my team as well.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Sorry. My toddler was having a meltdown. Apologies to my team as well.

No problem. It happens. It wasn't like you to disappear so I just assumed you either forgot or something came up.

SoniRita thumbnail

I dont like wheels of fortune much. Hmm chalo khel lenge

nutmeg7 thumbnail

No. I even caught up with my team earlier this evening all raring to go. Heard they won. Atta girls smiley40

--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 8 0 Thumbnail Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Minionite

It is now time for the final round of this season. This round's theme is Artists and Their Works.

We will be playing Wheel of Fortune on Discord. Wheel of Fortune is an American game show. Contestants in the show solve word puzzles, kind of like hangman, and win cash and prizes by spinning a giant wheel (hence "wheel of fortune").

Typically, the contestants first play in a quick round to see who goes first and then they have future rounds based on that. They get money for consonants and pay to buy vowels. The more consonants there are, the more money contestants get. For example if there are 3 Ts and the contestant landed on $300, then they would get $900. For vowels, contestants typically only spend once not based on the number of vowels there are. For example, if there are 5 Os, then the contestant only pays $250 to buy an O, not $1,250. Each contestant keeps going until either they hit a bankrupt or they guess a wrong letter (as in one not in the word puzzle). Then the next contestant after them gets their chance. If a contestant solves a puzzle, they typically get another $1,000.

Now the adjustments. Firstly 3 to 5 people will play at any one slot, which have already been assigned. I will randomly choose who starts the game. You will need to identify yourself when you first come online.

When you come on Discord, I will share a link to a Google Sheet where you will see a list of potential points that you can win. There is a randomizer set up to tell you how many points you can get for that consonant. For example, it might say 5 points and if you choose T and there are 5 Ts you'll get 25 points. Each contestant will keep going until they either hit Bankrupt or guess a wrong letter. You will get an extra 10 points for solving the puzzle. I will share pics of the puzzle before we start and then as letters get revealed. Please be patient. It takes a few seconds to copy and paste pics.

There are a total of 10 puzzles. We will play as many as we can in 30 minutes. There is no requirement to play all 10. I will randomly choose a puzzle to play, so we will not play in order.

I cannot make any accommodations if you do not play in your slot. As typical, about an hour before your slot I will send you a PM with the link to the Discord. Once you come online, identify yourself and then we will begin once either everyone joins or 5 minutes into the slot.

This is the final round. My expectation is that we will finish by Oct 23rd 11:59 PM IST.

Is it like how we solved the sudoku live through pm but this time its discord? It's confusing will read again to get a proper idea😄