Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Yes, MC America has standards and class. Also, they're preparing you for the real chef world. The people in that industry are not nice and will not sugarcoat things for you. They will throw away your food or spit it out in real life too if it's bad. Also, the comments are blunt and to the point. They don't have time to baby you because you are an adult and need to be able to take it, otherwise, this is the wrong industry to get into.
manasa.hegde thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

Yes, MC America has standards and class. Also, they're preparing you for the real chef world. The people in that industry are not nice and will not sugarcoat things for you. They will throw away your food or spit it out in real life too if it's bad. Also, the comments are blunt and to the point. They don't have time to baby you because you are an adult and need to be able to take it, otherwise, this is the wrong industry to get into.

I bet the same ppl would have accused or abused if our Sanjeev kapoor or others have thrown or spit the food in Masterchef.. I double bet... We just can't compare two countries, two cultures.

If you like Masterchef America, Then You will love Australia one. They are very professionals with a warmth.. No need of high strict acting like Ramsay or others..

tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: manasa.hegde

I bet the same ppl would have accused or abused if our Sanjeev kapoor or others have thrown or spit the food in Masterchef.. I double bet... We just can't compare two countries, two cultures.

If you like Masterchef America, Then You will love Australia one. They are very professionals with a warmth.. No need of high strict acting like Ramsay or others..

You do bring up a good point---India and US are two different countries and cultures, but they are trying to bring out chefs into the world. MCI doesn't do as good of a job for preparing chefs for the real industry as MC US. Spitting food out is a bit extreme and dramatic, but it does happen in real life too.

I will have to check out MC Australia! I've heard great things about it from here, and I'm curious to watch it. Do they post videos online, or how can I watch it here?
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: manasa.hegde

As far as spitting and throwing away food goes even I feel that's a bit extreme, but at the same time it's reality. Imagine you went to a restaurant and ordered a dish that you imagined would be of 5-star quality. And what you get is half-cooked, half-baked food. Would you really just sit there and eat the food?
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@bulls eyes- u made me laugh out loud with that comparison 🤣 🤣
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
and here when SK is rude and strict,people bash him 😆
khwaish_245 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

Watching current MC UK and I came here to share something i found very funny as comparison..

In MC UK:

Contestant: This dish is inspired by one my grandma taught me
Judge: How will your grandma feel that you have added these bits and bobs to her traditional dish?
C: Nothing.. She passed away years back
J: I am sorry..
C: **Laughs** She will be very happy if she knew ** and moves on

MC India
C: This dish is inspired by what my grandma taught me **nearly in tears**
J: How will she feel seeing you here and making these changes to her dish
C: She will be very happy.. ** Tears falling uncontrollably**
J: I am sorry.. I am sure she must be happy wherever she is **not sure whether this grandma is still alive or not
C: I am her favourite and every time I visit she makes sure she makes this dish **crying loudly by now but at least we know that said person is alive and kicking**

😲 🤣

seriously , iseliye india abhi bhi wahin hai , jahan pahle tha ... aur yeh show mein reality kam , drama jyada hai , i wonder balaji or ekta is producing this show too or may be any where near it ... previous seasons still have some standards but this time its downgraded brutally
Edited by khwaish_245 - 9 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Watching current MC UK and I came here to share something i found very funny as comparison..

In MC UK:

Contestant: This dish is inspired by one my grandma taught me
Judge: How will your grandma feel that you have added these bits and bobs to her traditional dish?
C: Nothing.. She passed away years back
J: I am sorry..
C: **Laughs** She will be very happy if she knew ** and moves on

MC India
C: This dish is inspired by what my grandma taught me **nearly in tears**
J: How will she feel seeing you here and making these changes to her dish
C: She will be very happy.. ** Tears falling uncontrollably**
J: I am sorry.. I am sure she must be happy wherever she is **not sure whether this grandma is still alive or not
C: I am her favourite and every time I visit she makes sure she makes this dish **crying loudly by now but at least we know that said person is alive and kicking**

🤣 Loved the comparison!! It's spot on! 🤣

I mean seriously, why so much drama? Most of these Indian reality shows are trying to make it seem if you do not have a sob story, you are undeserving of anything.
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

🤣 Loved the comparison!! It's spot on! 🤣

I mean seriously, why so much drama? Most of these Indian reality shows are trying to make it seem if you do not have a sob story, you are undeserving of anything.

You are so right that a sob story or just about some kind of story is compulsory..

If Drishti had lasted longer, we would have heard about how she lost her dad's money and wants to repay it.. I don't remember any story for Pratibha ji and that story for Meenu Aunty that she wants to win money to restart the restaurant seemed contrived..

Nikita's is more straight-forward that she is from Abu Dhabi .. Karishma's illiteracy in hindi being a Mumbaikar😆 and Bhakti's sacrifice to cook healthy food for a diabetic husband are face-palm worthy stories .. Wonder who is taking care of him now that she is in MCI camp😆

Does Neha have a story? I don't remember a solid one..
khwaish_245 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You are so right that a sob story or just about some kind of story is compulsory..

If Drishti had lasted longer, we would have heard about how she lost her dad's money and wants to repay it.. I don't remember any story for Pratibha ji and that story for Meenu Aunty that she wants to win money to restart the restaurant seemed contrived..

Nikita's is more straight-forward that she is from Abu Dhabi .. Karishma's illiteracy in hindi being a Mumbaikar😆 and Bhakti's sacrifice to cook healthy food for a diabetic husband are face-palm worthy stories .. Wonder who is taking care of him now that she is in MCI camp😆

Does Neha have a story? I don't remember a solid one..

yeah when she came for audition , she started sobbing ... ' i came here after so much of hardwork , i have tried for earlier seasons too but didnt got selected '...and then started whipping hard , then she was given second chance as her dish was rejected at first place , then seeing her tears , they gave her second chance , i think 😆

Edited by khwaish_245 - 9 years ago