Poll

Who do you think will win MCI4

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
seemanya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Who do you think will walk away with the title. Though I want nikita to win, I am afraid Bhakti may win. Nehas chances seem less. Who do you guys think will win?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uniquely...me thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I want nikita to win...coz she has remained strong since the start...
cuteheena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i want nikita to win she deserves she was strong contestant from start but these days judges are favoring bhakti more cant say

Kyisha thumbnail

I think Bhakti deserves to be the Masterchef season 4 winner. Unlike other contestants, she's had to fight for her place in the top; whereas others have been given their masterchef places thanks to sad stories. The Masterchef winner should have the character of a fighter, leader and Inventor. Nikita has one out of the three, is very timid in terms of character (which is why most of you relate/like her) and fumbles with her Hindi (Since it is Masterchef INDIA, I think national language is a very important aspect especially when you are representing a country where most of the population converses in the N.L- Hindi). Bhakti has all 3 qualities, which she has proven time and again (speaks fluent and coherent Hindi); and can lead a team to success, unlike Nikita who couldn't lead her own team during the team task and relied on Pratibha's leadership. In terms of originality, Bhakti and Nikita have had good ideas; Nikita relying more on western food styles and Bhakti more on Indian food styles. P.S ...For those of you who think Rajma Chawal pakora is an old and simple dish, tell me; have you found it on any menu in any restaurant? Or has your mother ever made it for a meal? Would you ever dream of pairing cheese with Rajma and Chawal? I think not. Her ideas are out of the box, but it depends on what box you live in. Neha is weak in terms of ideas but she has strong leadership qualities (not much when you are on a cooking show). So all in all, Bhakti is the only contestant who has real Masterchef winner potential. Most of you are biased and critical because of her confidence and focus, but isn't that what this show is about? Proving yourself to the nation? Since when has confidence been regarded as a negative quality? As for her apparent bossy-ness, when you are working towards winning and people are hindering it, wouldn't you try to fix it , to get things on track? Having people like Karishma and Ashish on your team is a big reason to be bossy...every team that has had Ashish in their team has lost... Think about it.

For my last comment...If you had one and a half hours to cook with two mins to prepare with an array of odd ingredients, what would you make? Put yourself in their shoes and you might have a different opinion. The person who will win, will be representing India in terms of food, personal character and over all Indian Chef Package... my mind turns to Bhakti!

IloveJeannie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Kyisha

I think Bhakti deserves to be the Masterchef season 4 winner. Unlike other contestants, she's had to fight for her place in the top; whereas others have been given their masterchef places thanks to sad stories. The Masterchef winner should have the character of a fighter, leader and Inventor. Nikita has one out of the three, is very timid in terms of character (which is why most of you relate/like her) and fumbles with her Hindi (Since it is Masterchef INDIA, I think national language is a very important aspect especially when you are representing a country where most of the population converses in the N.L- Hindi). Bhakti has all 3 qualities, which she has proven time and again (speaks fluent and coherent Hindi); and can lead a team to success, unlike Nikita who couldn't lead her own team during the team task and relied on Pratibha's leadership. In terms of originality, Bhakti and Nikita have had good ideas; Nikita relying more on western food styles and Bhakti more on Indian food styles. P.S ...For those of you who think Rajma Chawal pakora is an old and simple dish, tell me; have you found it on any menu in any restaurant? Or has your mother ever made it for a meal? Would you ever dream of pairing cheese with Rajma and Chawal? I think not. Her ideas are out of the box, but it depends on what box you live in. Neha is weak in terms of ideas but she has strong leadership qualities (not much when you are on a cooking show). So all in all, Bhakti is the only contestant who has real Masterchef winner potential. Most of you are biased and critical because of her confidence and focus, but isn't that what this show is about? Proving yourself to the nation? Since when has confidence been regarded as a negative quality? As for her apparent bossy-ness, when you are working towards winning and people are hindering it, wouldn't you try to fix it , to get things on track? Having people like Karishma and Ashish on your team is a big reason to be bossy...every team that has had Ashish in their team has lost... Think about it.

For my last comment...If you had one and a half hours to cook with two mins to prepare with an array of odd ingredients, what would you make? Put yourself in their shoes and you might have a different opinion. The person who will win, will be representing India in terms of food, personal character and over all Indian Chef Package... my mind turns to Bhakti!

I am glad you chose today as a date to join IF. Well first of all dear, this is is Master Chef, it is not a Hindi debate competition or Politics where good speakers (in Hindi) should be preferred. Neither we are going to choose Miss India who will represent our nation with confidence ("over confidence)
Bhakti too had a "so-called" sad story of leaving the job to take care of his diabetic husband. In comparison to Nikita, she stands no where in terms of creativity, consistency and culinary skills. Bhakti was out, came back through Wild card entry, she is no fighter. Had there not been any wild card entry, she would have been taking care of her diabetic husband today. Also team tasks need patience and perseverance and no one in team need a "bossy attitude" who is "trying" to fix the things. Remember Dubai food stall task, Nikita did a mistake, and together both Nikita and Vijay overcome to the situation without any shouting, argument and boss attitude.

Who told you that being aggressive means being confident? if Bhakti was enough confident, she should not have asked Neha to change her dish during food stall task in Dubai. If she was enough confident, she would not have made 2 cakes in equipment auction task. Nikita is confident and it shows in her attitude which is very positive. Probably only 1% mind turns to Bhakti and 99% minds (with hearts) will turn to Nikita.
Kyisha thumbnail

Originally posted by: at118

I am glad you chose today as a date to join IF. Well first of all dear, this is is Master Chef, it is not a Hindi debate competition or Politics where good speakers (in Hindi) should be preferred. Neither we are going to choose Miss India who will represent our nation with confidence ("over confidence)
Bhakti too had a "so-called" sad story of leaving the job to take care of his diabetic husband. In comparison to Nikita, she stands no where in terms of creativity, consistency and culinary skills. Bhakti was out, came back through Wild card entry, she is no fighter. Had there not been any wild card entry, she would have been taking care of her diabetic husband today. Also team tasks need patience and perseverance and no one in team need a "bossy attitude" who is "trying" to fix the things. Remember Dubai food stall task, Nikita did a mistake, and together both Nikita and Vijay overcome to the situation without any shouting, argument and boss attitude.

Who told you that being aggressive means being confident? if Bhakti was enough confident, she should not have asked Neha to change her dish during food stall task in Dubai. If she was enough confident, she would not have made 2 cakes in equipment auction task. Nikita is confident and it shows in her attitude which is very positive. Probably only 1% mind turns to Bhakti and 99% minds (with hearts) will turn to Nikita.

Yes I chose a very good day to join.

If you had read my article properly you would have understood what I was trying to say. The winner of Masterchef India will be representing India abroad while touring so said person has to be well spoken generally. Secondly, in a Hindi speaking country, one has to be proficient in Hindi to be able to connect with the public in every and any location . I'm not saying its the main quality to base this competition on, obviously not, but it is very important. Karishma can barely manage with Hindi; does anyone take er seriously?
Thirdly, you cant judge culinary skills and creativity because you cant taste what they have cooked..so you have no clue. Everyone has their own tastes and their own sense of creativity. one might find something creative, while another would find it ordinary. Honestly, we as the general public have no clue what goes on behind the scenes, all we can judge the contestants on is their behaviour.
Getting eliminated and getting back through wild card is called fighting. It was not handed to her on a silver platter. Bhakti's story is not entirely based on the diabetic husband angle actually. She had given up her high paying job to pursue her love for food as well as focus on her husbands health. That doesn't sound like a sad story to me.If you think of it, If Vijay or Ashish were eliminated, with their skill, they would not have made it back in. So honestly, it was a strategic move on the TV Crew's part to keep the favorites together.
When you are in a team task and are the leader, you need to be the boss. That's why it is termed bossy attitude. Bhakti has neither shouted, screamed or attacked anyone during tasks so i see no need to compare her attitude to Nikita's composure during the Dubai task.( Nikita is very young and naive, I wouldnt expect a bossy attitude from her since she is not a leader in any sense).
Throughout my entire article, I never used the term aggressive. You can't term Bhakti as aggressive since she has not been aggressive towards anyone or attacked anyone. Is she aggressively focused? yes definitely and its a good characteristic.
A confident person is always prepared for anything, so why is having a back up a bad thing? Pratibha, Nikita and other contestants have kept back ups. Mind you, you really need to watch the Dubai episode again. Bhakti never asked Neha to change the dish. She asked what Neha was making and neha aggressively responded, to which Bhakti decided to change their own dish so that it wouldn't clash and so their food would stand out and be different.
"Probably only 1% mind turns to Bhakti and 99% minds (with hearts) will turn to Nikita"- when people base their opinions on personality and apparent behavior thats what will happen. Its human nature to favor those who are simple with a quiet disposition and who seem relatively naive. Nikita actually displays characteristics of someone who is not all that confident, but is trying to behave that way for the cameras. Then again... I do not want to judge a book by its cover. She is a smart, young and talented girl, no doubt. As far as Masterchef quality, Bhakti seems to be the right fit.
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am really sad that Vijay won't be in the finals tbh But really hoping Nikita wins because she has been the only consistent one so far. I personally wouldn't be happy if any of the other two win.
Edited by xPalkix - 9 years ago