Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyisha thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I think Bhakti and Nikita have been consistent performers; Neha is the odd one out. Although I like Vijay, I feel his dishes are too boring and not restaurant quality. I think his background is the sole reason he was brought to the top along with his fan following. I don't understand why everyone favours these timid and naive characters. Why is confidence such a put off? Wouldn't you want your nation to be represented by a confident, well spoken individual who can actually cook?

So far, the only person who has shown true resilience and determination is Bhakti (who has fought for her place and earned it without any sad back story). Nikita is charming, but not the type of person who could run a full fledged restaurant or be a confident representative. Thinking from a logical view point, Bhakti is the best bet and the best choice.

IloveJeannie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Kyisha

I think Bhakti and Nikita have been consistent performers; Neha is the odd one out. Although I like Vijay, I feel his dishes are too boring and not restaurant quality. I think his background is the sole reason he was brought to the top along with his fan following. I don't understand why everyone favours these timid and naive characters. Why is confidence such a put off? Wouldn't you want your nation to be represented by a confident, well spoken individual who can actually cook?

So far, the only person who has shown true resilience and determination is Bhakti (who has fought for her place and earned it without any sad back story). Nikita is charming, but not the type of person who could run a full fledged restaurant or be a confident representative. Thinking from a logical view point, Bhakti is the best bet and the best choice.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree with your thoughts. The FACT is, Bhakti is negative person. A negative person with a negative attitude can never be a nation's representative. Nikita is not just charming, well behaved but calm and composed too and most importantly for this show perspective, has been the most consistent and appreciated performer unlike Bhakti who was out and came back through wild card entry. There is no need to be over the top aggressive to run a business successfully, we have several examples of down to earth humble people making their way. Bhakti was saying "Main chahti thi Nikitha ko na mile, mujhe mile..." whereas Nikita was just praying for her success, she was even sad that Vijay could not make it. that are the attributes of a winner and entrepreneur. There is always a thin line between confidence and over confidence, and Bhakti has crossed this line quite often. She is not even a good team player and always indulge in some type of argument or differences in group tasks. A charming person can also be confident, no need to shout or over speak to show your confidence. We need good people who can be idolized.
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As far as I am concerned, this is a contest to find the best chef.. And as far as I know, the winner is not going to become a head chef or anything in any restaurant and other than very few like that 2nd runner up in Season 1, I don't think many even went down that line (and maybe Rastogi from last season also did).. Most landed up writing books or starting cookery schools.

Taking that into consideration, I don't mind if anyone comes across as bossy in team tasks (which should actually not even take place but maybe due to number of contestants, makers are forced to use this till a stage).. Cook something good, that's it, and for that unfortunately we viewers have no idea how people fare since we can't taste anything but just have to go with the look of the dish and the description..

Going by look and description, Vijay and Ashish lag the others but amongst the others, I really can't judge who should be in the finale and so fine with whatever has happened..
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: at118

I respect your opinion but completely disagree with your thoughts. The FACT is, Bhakti is negative person. A negative person with a negative attitude can never be a nation's representative. Nikita is not just charming, well behaved but calm and composed too and most importantly for this show perspective, has been the most consistent and appreciated performer unlike Bhakti who was out and came back through wild card entry. There is no need to be over the top aggressive to run a business successfully, we have several examples of down to earth humble people making their way. Bhakti was saying "Main chahti thi Nikitha ko na mile, mujhe mile..." whereas Nikita was just praying for her success, she was even sad that Vijay could not make it. that are the attributes of a winner and entrepreneur. There is always a thin line between confidence and over confidence, and Bhakti has crossed this line quite often. She is not even a good team player and always indulge in some type of argument or differences in group tasks. A charming person can also be confident, no need to shout or over speak to show your confidence. We need good people who can be idolized.

plus bhakti too has a back sad story which is shown every now and then..i think u missed few epis..her dad story depicting that her husband has diabetes and she had to leave her job because of it..this was shown many times with a melancholic background music..
silverfox thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: at118

@kyisha : Sorry I don't agree with you.Bhakti had a sad story and more than couple of times it was brought in the show.Moreover like what @at118 said Bhakti was always an over confident person and has never acknowledged her mistakes be it a team task or her own.Good chef or running a full fledged restaurant u also need to be a team player which Bhakti is not (Kerala task and the one in which Prathibha was the captain )
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Honestly speaking, the three finalists should have been Nikita, Vijay and Karishma. Purely because they have been the most consistent contestants. Really disappoint with the final three (excluding Nikita) but on the plus note, at least it makes it easy to root for Nikita without feeling upset about the others losing.
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wish they were in the top 3 :(
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10958363_1401914223449140_465382309_n.jpg
Edited by xPalkix - 9 years ago
rose8888 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh,I was expecting nikita,vijay and karishma in finale
gckasturi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I disagree that Bhakti's husband's having diabetes and her personal decision to leave her job/career for it is a sad story. As compared to other diseases, diabetes, especially adult onset as this appears to be, is fairly common place, especially in India; it is not a good disease, but it is not as serious as so many other diseases out there. This is a forced sad story, and I don't think it required her to give up everything just because her husband is diabetic.

Sorry if this opinion offends anyone. I am a doctor, and I also have so many members in my immediate (e.g. my mother) and extended family who are/were diabetic - it is not a major, life-halting tragedy. People with diabetes live fairly normal and active lives. Yes, they need to be careful about their diet and take various precautions, exercise, etc. But, their lives otherwise are normal, and neither their lives nor that of their families come to a complete stop/detour because of this one diagnosis. Compared to so many serious tragedies, diseases, and problems out there in the world, I feel disgusted that this particular condition is being milked dry for sympathy by Bhakti and the show. She may be a good cook, and they should highlight that. If she wants to create a line of food for diabetics or write a cookbook, that is all fine and good and should be mentioned. But, to speak repeatedly about her personal choice (incomprehensible to me why she needed to do that for something like diabetes) and her husband's diabetic condition as some sort of major tragedy is just ridiculous.

Again, apologies if my opinion has offended anyone. It's just my opinion.

Originally posted by: grey23

plus bhakti too has a back sad story which is shown every now and then..i think u missed few epis..her dad story depicting that her husband has diabetes and she had to leave her job because of it..this was shown many times with a melancholic background music..

KaranSG_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
vijay desrved to be in finale.its really wrong rhat he was not selected.i feel they are favoiring bhakti too much.also it was wrong to select two finalists in just one task.