Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Posting today for the first time, for me personally Chef Vikas is my favourite amongst all three. As for Chef Ranveer he'd said he has opened some 24 restaurants all over the world. I respect Chef Sanjeev Kapoor for being the pioneer and a role model, but then that's about it.

But I would like to share why I respect, admire and like Chef Vikas so much. No doubt his humility is one of the attributes; but it is his journey to be a celebrity chef which everyone must know about.

Posting a video of an episode of "Achiever's Club" on Star World which if you have seen already, I apologise. but those who haven't, please do have a look at it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFThNPdXLWw[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by chahat4u - 9 years ago
Natkat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
JUNOON TO MAKE DUBAI DEBUTAS FIRST EXTENSION OF CULINARY BRAND
Manhattan's Acclaimed Contemporary Indian Restaurant to Open at UAE City's Shangri
-La Hotel
NEW YORK, MAY 15, 2014
-
Junoon,
New York City's
Michelin-starred contemporary Indian restaurantknown for its elegantly modern take on traditional dishes, will open its second location this fall as a 5,000square foot, 145-seat United Arab Emirates (UAE) outpost in
Dubai's five-star Shangri-La Hotel. New York based restaurateur Rajesh Bhardwaj, who founded Junoon as an expression of his passion for the food andculture of his native India, made the announcement at
the restaurant'sthird anniversary celebration onWednesday evening, May 13. He stated the new Dubai location will set the stage for future expansion of theJunoon brand; one internationally acclaimedfor its exploration of Indian cuisine's infinite gastronomic
possibilities under the guidance of Corporate Chef Vikas Khanna
, one of the subcontinent's most renown culinary talents and cookbook authors. A brand that has been awarded a coveted Michelin
star annually sinceJunoon opened in 2011.
"We feel strongly Junoon can be a global brand and have been researching cities that would be a good fit forour first foray into expansion. One of the w
world's fastest growing cities and travel destinations, with a large Indian ex-pat community, Dubai stood out as the site of the second Junoon,
" Bhardwaj explained.
"Dubai's
dynamic culinary scene, with the world's
most celebrated chefs opening restaurants there, was another draw.Having a presence in Dubai is increasingly important to the future
international growth of a restaurant brand."
Bhardwaj also cited the original Junoon's popularity with
business travelers from the UAE as a factor indeciding on Dubai, along with the restaurant being frequented bysome of the Middle East's royal families
.Consequently, he considers the Dubai opening a first step to toward the possible establishment of additionallocations in the region.
As the first Junoon ("passion" in Hindi) brand
extension, the Dubai restaurant will incorporate many elementsof the Manhattan original, but will also reflect its Arabian Peninsula address with food, beverage anddecorative nods to the regional culture.
The menu will be rooted in Junoon's culinary philosophy of focus ongoing high quality sustainable ingredients that have an affinity for Indian cuisine, prepared with elevated cookingtechniques to yield contemporary interpretations of Indian food. Some 65 percent of it will replicate the NewYork menu, the remaining devoted to new items created for Dubai diners, including dishes based on thegrouper and massive prawns for which the local waters are so famous.
Similarly, the beverage program will follow Junoon New York's lead with a superior
wine selection,representing the best of old and new world production. And by cocktails of classic origins, as well as contemporary mixology concoctions utilizing ingredients from the kitchen to lend a food and drink flavor-consistency. However, in Dubai, mocktails will be showcased by a large array of non-alcoholic concoctions
inspired by the kitchen to further enhance Junoon's comestible and beverage conf
luence.For Dubai, architect and designer Tarik Currimbhoy is fashioning a contemporary space where ancient Indianartistry and stylish elegance seamlessly converge as he did for New York. The Manhattan
Junoon's "tree oflife" theme will be conveyed with
bronze palm trees symbolic of Dubai, the centuries old Burma teak arches from an Indian mansion acting as stunning counterpoint to their modern motif throughout the restaurant- .

Edited by Natkat - 9 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chahat4u

Posting today for the first time, for me personally Chef Vikas is my favourite amongst all three. As for Chef Ranveer he'd said he has opened some 24 restaurants all over the world. I respect Chef Sanjeev Kapoor for being the pioneer and a role model, but then that's about it.

But I would like to share why I respect, admire and like Chef Vikas so much. No doubt his humility is one of the attributes; but it is his journey to be a celebrity chef which everyone must know about.

Posting a video of an episode of "Achiever's Club" on Star World which if you have seen already, I apologise. but those who haven't, please do have a look at it. N yes, Chef Vikas does owns Junoon, he'd opened it in collaboration with his friend!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFThNPdXLWw[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh...Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much for posting his lovely interview! I have not seen it before, and it was amazing to hear his story. I always felt whenever I saw him on T.V. that he is a genuinely nice and humble person, but this interview really confirmed that for me. He's such a good person, and that speaks to me far more than anything else. He's grounded and is still in touch with where he started. That is a very important thing.

I did not like how the interview really wanted to attribute part of VK's success to his looks. He attracts people because of his overall aura which creates a deeper connect than his good looks. He has a magnet pull in him.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Natkat

JUNOON TO MAKE DUBAI DEBUTAS FIRST EXTENSION OF CULINARY BRAND
Manhattan's Acclaimed Contemporary Indian Restaurant to Open at UAE City's Shangri
-La Hotel
NEW YORK, MAY 15, 2014
-
Junoon,
New York City's
Michelin-starred contemporary Indian restaurantknown for its elegantly modern take on traditional dishes, will open its second location this fall as a 5,000square foot, 145-seat United Arab Emirates (UAE) outpost in
Dubai's five-star Shangri-La Hotel. New York based restaurateur Rajesh Bhardwaj, who founded Junoon as an expression of his passion for the food andculture of his native India, made the announcement at
the restaurant'sthird anniversary celebration onWednesday evening, May 13. He stated the new Dubai location will set the stage for future expansion of theJunoon brand; one internationally acclaimedfor its exploration of Indian cuisine's infinite gastronomic
possibilities under the guidance of Corporate Chef Vikas Khanna
, one of the subcontinent's most renown culinary talents and cookbook authors. A brand that has been awarded a coveted Michelin
star annually sinceJunoon opened in 2011.
"We feel strongly Junoon can be a global brand and have been researching cities that would be a good fit forour first foray into expansion. One of the w
world's fastest growing cities and travel destinations, with a large Indian ex-pat community, Dubai stood out as the site of the second Junoon,
" Bhardwaj explained.
"Dubai's
dynamic culinary scene, with the world's
most celebrated chefs opening restaurants there, was another draw.Having a presence in Dubai is increasingly important to the future
international growth of a restaurant brand."
Bhardwaj also cited the original Junoon's popularity with
business travelers from the UAE as a factor indeciding on Dubai, along with the restaurant being frequented bysome of the Middle East's royal families
.Consequently, he considers the Dubai opening a first step to toward the possible establishment of additionallocations in the region.
As the first Junoon ("passion" in Hindi) brand
extension, the Dubai restaurant will incorporate many elementsof the Manhattan original, but will also reflect its Arabian Peninsula address with food, beverage anddecorative nods to the regional culture.
The menu will be rooted in Junoon's culinary philosophy of focus ongoing high quality sustainable ingredients that have an affinity for Indian cuisine, prepared with elevated cookingtechniques to yield contemporary interpretations of Indian food. Some 65 percent of it will replicate the NewYork menu, the remaining devoted to new items created for Dubai diners, including dishes based on thegrouper and massive prawns for which the local waters are so famous.
Similarly, the beverage program will follow Junoon New York's lead with a superior
wine selection,representing the best of old and new world production. And by cocktails of classic origins, as well as contemporary mixology concoctions utilizing ingredients from the kitchen to lend a food and drink flavor-consistency. However, in Dubai, mocktails will be showcased by a large array of non-alcoholic concoctions
inspired by the kitchen to further enhance Junoon's comestible and beverage conf
luence.For Dubai, architect and designer Tarik Currimbhoy is fashioning a contemporary space where ancient Indianartistry and stylish elegance seamlessly converge as he did for New York. The Manhattan
Junoon's "tree oflife" theme will be conveyed with
bronze palm trees symbolic of Dubai, the centuries old Burma teak arches from an Indian mansion acting as stunning counterpoint to their modern motif throughout the restaurant- .

Thank you for posting the article. It was an interesting read! 😃
khushi_shankar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Yep, I have heard of his restaurant in Toronto, and honest to god it had a terrible review. I would not waste my money going there. His one main dish has something like $16 with a $8 starters. Here, we can go to a great Indian buffet for $15! and the dishes sounded quite odd and very not-Indian

His recipes also are quite odd. My mom used to watch is show on Zee and those dishes were the worst she ver made. Her signatures are way way better than the weird recipes SK dished out.

No offense to SK fans. According to my opinion, he is jsut so over-rated.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: khushi_shankar

Yep, I have heard of his restaurant in Toronto, and honest to god it had a terrible review. I would not waste my money going there. His one main dish has something like $16 with a $8 starters. Here, we can go to a great Indian buffet for $15! and the dishes sounded quite odd and very not-Indian

His recipes also are quite odd. My mom used to watch is show on Zee and those dishes were the worst she ver made. Her signatures are way way better than the weird recipes SK dished out.

No offense to SK fans. According to my opinion, he is jsut so over-rated.

Khana Khazana used to have really nice recipes (I remember from my childhood), then somewhere down the road it got apparent that he was running out ideas. His show Smart Cooking (I think that's what it's called) on his channel Food Food has some good recipe, and what I liked about that show was the presentation of the food. Cooking is a form of art, and the first thing we eat with is our eyes. It's important to pay attention to how we present the food we make.
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Today I bought SK pickle its ok. I have eaten better pickle than SK.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivamala

Today I bought SK pickle its ok. I have eaten better pickle than SK.

Oh okay. I've not tried any of his products before. Thanks for sharing your opinion. 😃
Atrociousfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Has anyone ever been to VK's or RB's restaurants? If yes, how was the food?
Me and my mum have tried A LOT of recipes shown on Khana Khazana and were pretty disappointed to be honest.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Atrociousfan

Has anyone ever been to VK's or RB's restaurants? If yes, how was the food?

Me and my mum have tried A LOT of recipes shown on Khana Khazana and were pretty disappointed to be honest.

I have not been to VK's or RB's restaurant. Once I have the money, I would love to go to NYC and eat at Junoon.