Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: MriduB

By the way some people posted here that some of SK's restaurants are okayish!
Then why doesn't he close them? Instead of serving not so good food in so many restaurants...open just a few and properly manage them? Isn't it a better option? 😛

good point 👍🏼 👏
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

By the way some people posted here that some of SK's restaurants are okayish!
Then why doesn't he close them? Instead of serving not so good food in so many restaurants...open just a few and properly manage them? Isn't it a better option? 😛

I agree---Quality over quantity, but I'm guessing for him it's more of getting his name everywhere rather than any care for a standard. 😆
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

This is what happens when u post incomplete information 😆

Was aware of most of the things u guys posted about Vikas but was in a hurry so ended up posting incomplete info

Sorry! 😳

I saw him on Kitchen Nightmares for the first time as consultant chef for an Indian restaurant in I think it was in NYC, and I became more curious about him. I have been a fan of his for some time, but I have only read his Wiki page and seen a few interviews of his, and the way it's written on his Wiki page, it looks like he owns Junoon. 😆 Looking forward to reading his new book though to learn more about him!
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
in kolkata SK had opened "Grain of Salt"...the food was just ok...the restaurant has closed now...
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adoremevirgo

in kolkata SK had opened "Grain of Salt"...the food was just ok...the restaurant has closed now...

Oh gosh another SK restaurant that has been shut down! 😆

Seriously, just give me one to run, and I promise it will be amazing. 😆
prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
he has a restaurant in toronto, but my friends who visited told me to save my money ...overpriced and not that great...quality is more impt but yes he is a good businessman and multitasker...
did anyone else also hear him tell nikita in dubai task that his smile is only for tv! he seems to be a taskmaster in real life...bottom line...i wish i had met him...because he has taken indian chef recognition to a whole new plateau...and you have to be tough to have all those businesses...
so hats off to him..and yes he cannot be all over so the managers probably slack off when he is not in town..
i did see chef V, who does not talk much lately...on gordon ramsays kitchen nightmares...interesting...but i respect him...book of himalayan cooking and his personal experience of not being able to run, so learnt to cook from biji...
either way...they are way ahead of working ahead and made their dreams a reality so...wish them the best...
vijay already has backup to open restaurants...and i hope nikita wins...if bhakti or neha win, unka sir aasman ke upar na chala jaye...
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prernacda

he has a restaurant in toronto, but my friends who visited told me to save my money ...overpriced and not that great...quality is more impt but yes he is a good businessman and multitasker...

did anyone else also hear him tell nikita in dubai task that his smile is only for tv! he seems to be a taskmaster in real life...bottom line...i wish i had met him...because he has taken indian chef recognition to a whole new plateau...and you have to be tough to have all those businesses...
so hats off to him..and yes he cannot be all over so the managers probably slack off when he is not in town..
i did see chef V, who does not talk much lately...on gordon ramsays kitchen nightmares...interesting...but i respect him...book of himalayan cooking and his personal experience of not being able to run, so learnt to cook from biji...
either way...they are way ahead of working ahead and made their dreams a reality so...wish them the best...
vijay already has backup to open restaurants...and i hope nikita wins...if bhakti or neha win, unka sir aasman ke upar na chala jaye...

Yes, SK is a pioneer for sure! He's the first Indian chef to air on TV, and he's the first person to create a channel devoted to cooking in India. He's a very smart and tough man!
_G1234_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I have been to khana khazana restaurant. It wan't good at all.
I am watching sanjeev kapoor shows since when I was small.
But when I visit his restaurant. The food was not up to my expectation.
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i wonder how come so many of SK restaurants close down...and also most ppl i know including myself have not found the food so great...
so watz the magic...i mean ok he is gr8 entrepreneur...but after all he is supposed to be a chef...so watz fun in hving ur own dish in his restaurant like now nikita has...
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _G1234_

I have been to khana khazana restaurant. It wan't good at all.

I am watching sanjeev kapoor shows since when I was small.
But when I visit his restaurant. The food was not up to my expectation.

Yes, I too have been watching him on T.V. and his "Sanjeev Kapoor ka pyaar bhara Namaskar." 😆 since I was a child. That is why I'm happy for his successes as a chef and to see his growth, but it seems as though the common theme for his restaurants is the lack of quality.