Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: apurvachanda

I've been to yellow chilli in delhi.. Food was ok nt so good

Oh it seems he might not be able to deliver to high standard. Sorry, I don't mean to put him down, but quality over quantity is really crucial for a chef. Every dish is a part of you going out into the world. You have really care about what you do.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

I don't get the footage given to SK. I met him once at a club's cooking competition he had come to judge. Freaking rude man!

His restaurants are franchises ... not the "chef" restaurant in the traditional sense of the word ... I have been to Yellow chilli - bad food

I'm so sorry about your experience with meeting SK.

Thank you for clearing it up for me that he actually doesn't own these restaurants. They're franchisee operated restaurants. That is why the quality varies.
Natkat thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

Also to add the Chef Vikas: His restaurant Junoon in NYC is a Michelin Star Restaurant. It is the highest prestige for a chef to have a Michelin Star for their restaurant.

To add the Chef Ranveer: He has a restaurant in Boston called Banq, and it is very successful and has won awards. I believe he might have another one too, but I do not remember.

Hello I have been a silent member on this forum. Just wanted to mention Vikas does not not own Junoon. He is the executive chef there . Yes it is a Michelin star Restaurant but owned by someone called Rajesh Bhardwaj. It is mentioned in their website too. Ranveer does have a restaraunt in Boston.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Natkat

Hello I have been a silent member on this forum. Just wanted to mention Vikas does not not own Junoon. He is the executive chef there . Yes it is a Michelin star Restaurant but owned by someone called Rajesh Bhardwaj. It is mentioned in their website too. Ranveer does have a restaraunt in Boston.

Oh well, let me put my foot in my mouth. 😲 πŸ˜† As big of fan as I am, I had that fact completely wrong. Yes, you are absolutely correct: He's an executive chef there, but he does not own it. The Michelin Star is in his name though, so he still has that credit to his name.
Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
In today's episode (28.3.15) I think Ranveer said he has 24 restaurants while commenting on a dish.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

In today's episode (28.3.15) I think Ranveer said he has 24 restaurants while commenting on a dish.

Oh wow. That's a lot too.
MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Oh well, let me put my foot in my mouth. 😲 πŸ˜† As big of fan as I am, I had that fact completely wrong. Yes, you are absolutely correct: He's an executive chef there, but he does not own it. The Michelin Star is in his name though, so he still has that credit to his name.

This is what happens when u post incomplete information πŸ˜†

Was aware of most of the things u guys posted about Vikas but was in a hurry so ended up posting incomplete info

Sorry! 😳

MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
By the way some people posted here that some of SK's restaurants are okayish!
Then why doesn't he close them? Instead of serving not so good food in so many restaurants...open just a few and properly manage them? Isn't it a better option? πŸ˜›
xBabyAngelx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Also to add the Chef Vikas: His restaurant Junoon in NYC is a Michelin Star Restaurant. It is the highest prestige for a chef to have a Michelin Star for their restaurant.

To add the Chef Ranveer: He has a restaurant in Boston called Banq, and it is very successful and has won awards. I believe he might have another one too, but I do not remember.

I think Chef Ranveer has 25 restaurants
He has said yesterday's episode

xBabyAngelx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Is it 24 or 25?
Looks like I need to watch at againπŸ˜†