SK Owner of 50 Restaurants

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I was shocked to learn today that SK is an owner of 50 restaurants. 😲 <-------Like seriously, my mouth was like that guys! 😆 I knew he had restaurants all over the world, but I did not realize he owns 50 of them. That's really amazing! I wonder how he's able to manage so many restaurants along with owning his own cooking channel and having show and judging MC. Mera toh ek hi restaurant sapno mein sirf khula hai aur unke paas 50 restaurants hai. 😆 (Sorry for any misspelling! I cannot spell in Hindi.)

Have any of you been to any of his restaurants? If so, how was your experience? 😃

I'm really curious about the quality, and how is he able to maintain standard quality for 50 restaurants.
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cuteheena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
when sk has 50 resturants his own cooking channel and ofcourse with all these he has lots of money and fame
why he choosed to judge MC or others Shows??

what abt vikas how many resturant he has?

and what does chef ranveer do?
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think the word is 'own'.. There are 50 restaurants that bear his name.. Most are franchisees. I remember the ones he directly owns are very less and I don't know whether the ones where he consults to are included in this number (I think so).

It is a credit to his reputation that his dishes and his name are so much in demand..

Regarding your question about quality, he must be visiting his own restaurants occasionally (I can't find the source but I remember reading it was less than 10) and for franchisees(and his own), he has a management team that does quality checks (ala KFCs and McDonalds).
MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuteheena

when sk has 50 resturants his own cooking channel and ofcourse with all these he has lots of money and fame
why he choosed to judge MC or others Shows??

what abt vikas how many resturant he has?

and what does chef ranveer do?

@Bold :

Vikas :
Junoon named restaurants in both NYC and Dubai.😊 And there's another restaurant or cafe he owns...I don't remember (sorry!)

This is what Ranveer's FB page says :
Masterchef India Judge, Senior Executive Chef , Travel Show Host, Food Columnist, Food Stylist/ Artist

Edited by MriduB - 9 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I've been to Sanjeev Kapoors Yellow Chili restaurant in Pune.

The food is nothing great. It was worth to go once and try it out. Some stuff was good, some outright bad.

In fact the yellow Chilli shut down in pune after a very short while
apurvachanda thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I've been to yellow chilli in delhi.. Food was ok nt so good
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I don't get the footage given to SK. I met him once at a club's cooking competition he had come to judge. Freaking rude man!

His restaurants are franchises ... not the "chef" restaurant in the traditional sense of the word ... I have been to Yellow chilli - bad food
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

I don't think the word is 'own'.. There are 50 restaurants that bear his name.. Most are franchisees. I remember the ones he directly owns are very less and I don't know whether the ones where he consults to are included in this number (I think so).

It is a credit to his reputation that his dishes and his name are so much in demand..

Regarding your question about quality, he must be visiting his own restaurants occasionally (I can't find the source but I remember reading it was less than 10) and for franchisees(and his own), he has a management team that does quality checks (ala KFCs and McDonalds).

That makes more sense that most of them are franchisee, and thank you for sharing about how he manages them. That's interesting to know that he has a management team for the ones he does not directly own.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MriduB

@Bold :

Vikas :
Junoon named restaurants in both NYC and Dubai.😊 And there's another restaurant or cafe he owns...I don't remember (sorry!)

This is what Ranveer's FB page says :
Masterchef India Judge, Senior Executive Chef , Travel Show Host, Food Columnist, Food Stylist/ Artist

Also to add the Chef Vikas: His restaurant Junoon in NYC is a Michelin Star Restaurant. It is the highest prestige for a chef to have a Michelin Star for their restaurant.

To add the Chef Ranveer: He has a restaurant in Boston called Banq, and it is very successful and has won awards. I believe he might have another one too, but I do not remember.
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 9 years ago
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

I've been to Sanjeev Kapoors Yellow Chili restaurant in Pune.

The food is nothing great. It was worth to go once and try it out. Some stuff was good, some outright bad.

In fact the yellow Chilli shut down in pune after a very short while

Oh gosh how embarrassing. 😆