Help - How was that samosa corrected?

BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
How did Nikita/Vijay manage to correct those samosas.. As far as I could see/hear, one round of frying of c120 had already been done and remaining filled and ready for frying..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dewdrop_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They were first cooking it at low temprature but later increased the heat and cooked them on high temperature so they were able to fry them without breaking,
BullsEye777 thumbnail
^Ah... Thank you.. So they didn't have to add potato or bread crumbs as binders as the judges suggested... I heard Vijay say something about the leaking but could not understand..
cuteheena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dewdrop_15

They were first cooking it at low temprature but later increased the heat and cooked them on high temperature so they were able to fry them without breaking,

but what about feeling inside the sambosa it was empty how the filled it
Minionite thumbnail
^ Actually the filling wasn't empty. What happened is when they cooked the samosas at low they became bigger and thus the filling wasn't enough. When they were cooked at high, the samosas didn't become bigger so the filling was fine.

And from what I understood they hadn't actually fried 120, but simply had made them ready for frying. They were worried about how to fix it when Vijay suggested frying on high so that the samosas didn't expand.
sanakhan4 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
frying on low heat will melt the cheese and that why they were hollow from inside. if you fry on high heat cheese wont melt and keep its original shape.
yeh thi cooking tip of the day πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Thank you for the explanations and 'nuska's 😊
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sanakhan4

frying on low heat will melt the cheese and that why they were hollow from inside. if you fry on high heat cheese wont melt and keep its original shape.

@ BOLD: Cute...πŸ˜†

Also, thank you for the tip. I also did not know that cooking cheese on high will help keep it's shape. I know if you have to fry cheese, it's recommended to freeze it, but it's nice to know if you're in bind, you can just cook it on a higher heat.
xBabyAngelx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sanakhan4

You are right dearπŸ˜†
sanakhan4 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

@ BOLD: Cute...πŸ˜†

Also, thank you for the tip. I also did not know that cooking cheese on high will help keep it's shape. I know if you have to fry cheese, it's recommended to freeze it, but it's nice to know if you're in bind, you can just cook it on a higher heat.

Thank you,

Vijay knew that since he is professional and experienced cook, plus he probably has experienced situations where some is going bad in dhaba and they have to fix is on fly.

Example If I had put salt in kheer and milk has split, I would use it as paneer and made pakora and called it rice paneer pakora.