What's Your Signature Dish?

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
It seems like there are a lot of you whom actually enjoy cooking, so I want to know: What's your signature dish? Is there a dish you pride yourself on? Is there a dish that when everyone eats it, they know you made it? Is there a dish that everyone associates with you because you make it the best?

For me there's not one specific dish, but in my family (even in India 😆) I'm always requested to make Mexican food. Apparently, I make it well, and it's appreciated by my family. The past two times I went to India, I was requested to make Mexican food. 😆 My dadi even loves it when I make it, and she does not eat garlic. I make hers without garlic, and she enjoys it.

So what's your signature dish? 😃
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kbhavani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I am not a great cook but personally i feel i am gud at making Rice Kheer and i love it!! Even my family loves it.. I am from South India and i make South Indian Style Fish Curry also well.. These 2 r my Signature dish 😊
Minionite thumbnail
Honestly speaking I'm not a stellar cook (I cook a few things and have some great ideas), but any time I want to try something new I'm usually the first one to find the recipe and make it thus making anything not Indian my signature. 😆
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I have a few:

Dal makhani
A fusion dish made with keema and macaroni
Phirni
Eggplant lasagna
Khao suey

I'm not a brilliant cook, some dishes taste better than restauranta while some are just about edible!! Lolz
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
butter chicken 😆 I feel proud when everyone who tastes my BC praises me 😊 + puddings :)
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

Honestly speaking I'm not a stellar cook (I cook a few things and have some great ideas), but any time I want to try something new I'm usually the first one to find the recipe and make it thus making anything not Indian my signature. 😆

I'm also a person who has more ideas than experience in the kitchen, and I too cannot have anything Indian as my signature dish because I'm always trying something new. 😆 I feel like Indian cooking is my mom's territory. 😆
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
italian and mexican are my favorites. in indian food, it depends since i don't like much spicy food. same goes for other cuisines
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
my signature dish is a fusion of creamy sauce pasta+achari pasta
and it really turned out amazing
xBabyAngelx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

I have a few:

Dal makhani
A fusion dish made with keema and macaroni
Phirni
Eggplant lasagna
Khao suey

I'm not a brilliant cook, some dishes taste better than restauranta while some are just about edible!! Lolz

Wow that's really great
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: buzzy.reenaholi

my signature dish is a fusion of creamy sauce pasta+achari pasta
and it really turned out amazing

I love fusion! I'm always trying new things with Indian and mixing it with other cuisines. Your pasta sounds cool!