Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
^ I agree. What they show on TV is our problem, but behind the scenes they are obviously doing something really good else there would never be such a mad rush to get into the show.
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Atrociousfan

Please don't join MCI with these amazing ideas, it's just gonna be a mockery of your creativity in my opinion...

yeah would prefer to stay away as sometimes it could mess up my creative thinking
prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

Aww thank you but I doubt I'll ever take part because (1) I'm in Canada, (2) I'm vegetarian, and (3) I doubt that MC will ever come back with a veg season.

dont know which coast of cda, but same here...
they do have a masterchef canada? and many contestants here or all backgrounds are vegetarian as well
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Coming back to the topic - I would make a spanish paella - using basmati rice.

Cooking rice will ensure that while serving I don't have to be assembling to many ingredients and thus serve more people faster and easily.
Also, since I don't have to shape or make small items like samosas or cutlets, it's easier under stress.

For my second dish I would make a pudding/ pana cotta/ mousse/ souffl served with a fruit coulis.

And if time permitted I would make a tapa (to go with the spanish paella) with cheese and possibly olives.
Minionite thumbnail
I was thinking of making a lasagne roll as one of my dishes. I would stuff the roll with a cheese, cabbage, carrots, sweet pepper, and corn filling cooked in a white sauce and serve with tomato sauce. As this dish can be served at room temperature I can make it in advance and the tomato sauce will be on the stove to stay warm. When you pour warm or hot tomato sauce over the lasagne roll it will figuratively melt in your mouth.

My rice dish would be a rice and fruit sweet. I would make a rice pudding (rice kheer) and let it thicken. The thicker it is, the better. Then I would add fruits to it and serve that cold.

Since both are easily served cold I could even set them out in separate servings so all I have to do is take out and give.
Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 9 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: prernacda

dont know which coast of cda, but same here...

they do have a masterchef canada? and many contestants here or all backgrounds are vegetarian as well

True that, but they also have a lot of meat and fish involved in MC Canada. Even if a person is from a veg background there are certain times when it's kind of hard to avoid it. Plus the creativity you can use in a veg season ends up getting limited if it isn't a veg season, though MC India hasn't really handled this season too well in terms of creativity.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is a cool topic! I honestly don't know what I'd do. I love to cook, but I'd probably crack under the pressure and not be able to do anything. 😆 I loved reading what you guys would make though. It's inspiring to read. Even if you cannot participate in MC, you could start your own cooking channel on YouTube if either of you wish.
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 9 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
I was thinking of a bale and Tulsi barfi with amla chutney served on a bale and haldi pancake. But honestly I've never had bale, but given that Pratibha said it's sweet so that's why I thought of a sweet dish.
Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 9 years ago