Masterchef tasks - your dishes

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I'm sure when contestants are given tasks, many of us think, what we would cool if we were a contestant.

Let's have some of your ideas up here...

Yesterday's auction task -

Roti maker and cheese - I would've made a swiss Rosti and stuffed cheese between 2 rostis. Cut into triangles and sprinkled some fresh herbs.

Foamer and guava - I would've bid for the coffee. But I'd have made a baked dish and used the foamer for garnishing with guava foam (don't ask me how, since I know the seeds got stuck. Maybe would've strained many times).

Pasta maker and coffee - the best combination of all in my opinion.
I would've made lasagne sheets and boiled them with sugar and coffee. Made a coffee souffl and filled it in the pasta sheets and baked slightly. Cooled it and decorated with whipped cream and coffee beans.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
I actually had a few ideas as well. And surprisingly my favourite is Ashish's combination.

Roti maker and cheese - A pizza base made in the roti maker and then with it fruit topping. Or a quesadilla with a cheese and fruit stuffing. I also had an idea of making a sweet where I would mix cheese into dough and use the roti maker to make a roti. Then I would roll a fruit and cream mix into it and top it with a thin chocolate layer.

Foamer and guava - No one said that the guava has to be put in the foamer. It could be juice as well. So I was thinking of first taking the juice out and then even I had thought of a guava cake topped with guava-flavoured cream.

Pasta maker and coffee - Totally agree. This was a great combo. I was thinking of lasagne sheets as well. In it I would make several layers of sweets. First at the bottom would be a coffee flavoured barfi with paneer. I make a good paneer barfi at home. Then a second layer would have small boondi (not coffee flavoured). A third layer would have cream and fruits (again not coffee flavoured). And then I would top it off with whipped coffee cream or coffee mousse. I also had another idea of a pasta sweet. So I would make spaghetti (coffee flavoured) and mix it with fruits and cream (again coffee flavoured), but I'm not really sure how that would turn out.
Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 9 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Dubai task - what would you make?

I would make -

A Bhurjee of paneer with Arabic spices and ppomegranate. Roll this into the grape leaves and boil it in the Camels milk to cook, to give a buttery and salty flavour.

Along with it is serve a chutney flavoured with palm dates, and sesame. Dates release a few juices when heated, enough to make chutney.
Minionite thumbnail
I was thinking of a sweet dish with paneer and palm dates with pomegranate juice to give it a different flavour served with a Camel milk and sesame cream on the grape leaves, which I would boil slightly in the milk so that they become softer.
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing ideas girls... have you ever thought to take part in a cookery show ...to precisele say Masterchef... start preparing abhi se for next season. :)
Minionite thumbnail
Aww thank you but I doubt I'll ever take part because (1) I'm in Canada, (2) I'm vegetarian, and (3) I doubt that MC will ever come back with a veg season.
sparkling_gems thumbnail
^ohhh but I am really impressed with your ideas... the way you explained them ...they sound really interesting. I wish things turn out in your favour and we could get to see you as one of the contestants on a tv cookery show.
Raina101 thumbnail
I wish I could!!but I'm vegetarian too (though I cook meat) and live in Spain.

So my chances of participating are zero!!
Atrociousfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkling_gems

Amazing ideas girls... have you ever thought to take part in a cookery show ...to precisele say Masterchef... start preparing abhi se for next season. :)

Please don't join MCI with these amazing ideas, it's just gonna be a mockery of your creativity in my opinion...
sparkling_gems thumbnail
^ This is what we think as viewers but do you think the participants think the same way.. Masterchef gave many cooks name, fame and a solid career.. otherwise Nikita would have not come India from Abu Dhabi to take part in Master Chef India. We could have never known any of them if they have not taken part in any season of Master chef.
P.S. I would like to see just one contestants out of all four seasons who said that it was his/ her mistake to take part in MCI.
Edited by sparkling_gems - 9 years ago