comment from a silent member

adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
i always remain silent member of masterchef forum for the simple reason that this is one show where i dont know how to make any comment...i mean i cant taste the dishes, rite...so how can i say who was better than whom...yes i can only talk about the plating but that is one aspect and it is the taste that makes the most impact which i cant talk about...
however, in spite of this i hv some favs and they r ankita, minu and pratibha...sadly there r only two men out of the 8 remaining contestants since i feel men r also fab cooks (although i totally dislike ashish)...

i dislike aashish thoroughly for reason not related to his cooking actually...he is always complaining and criticizing others...he never sees his own fault and always, when anything goes wrong especially when working in a team, he finds faults in others...

contrary to wat i hv read in this forum...i feel there is no reason y judges will favor one contestant over the other...karishma got one flavor-e-azam and i thot that was ok since the dish that won her the badge looked truly yummy...i forgot the name though...moreover every contestant is a commoner and not any celebrity, and so i find no reason y there shud be any kind of favoritism...in fact unlike other so called reality shows this is one show which i find retains the "real" of "reality"...also anikita is the only one to hold 2 flavor-e-azam badges and as far as i can see she is the fav of many...so where is the question of being biased...

nywyz i hope the best man/woman wins although my vote goes to ankita or pratibha...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sparkling_gems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First of all I would like to welcome you to the forum.. hope you will have a nice time..
well in response to your post I would say its all about people and views.. different people have different views.. from where you see you find its most realistic show, where no one is being favoured and Nikita (btw this is Nikita not Ankita) and Pratibha are best cook.. while mostly members of the forum think that it is Karishma or Neha being favoured but I for a change feel its Pratibha who is being favoured.
these kinds of dispute always raise during a reality show but one thing is always there you cant make everyone happy everytime.
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh yes sorry its nikita not ankita ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
and yes u r rite views differ but i was confused cos ppl here r talking about favoritism while at the same time nikita who is the hot fav here is the only one to have 2 badges...
raj-avin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi,
welcome๐Ÿ˜Š

Abt judges favoritism, it is difficult to comment, but not sure either judges or editing department of channel is trying to make audience fools!๐Ÿ˜•

They totally praise one team and show the team was perfect in planning and cooking, and also judges saying how unique the dishes are , and finally when the result is announced, it is the other time. so no logic at all. As you said, we cant taste the dishes, so we entirely depend on what is shown, and judges comments particularly. So when conflicting results are given, people tend to think this is favoritism. Thats my POV!๐Ÿ˜ณ
sparkling_gems thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj-avin

Hi,

welcome๐Ÿ˜Š

Abt judges favoritism, it is difficult to comment, but not sure either judges or editing department of channel is trying to make audience fools!๐Ÿ˜•

They totally praise one team and show the team was perfect in planning and cooking, and also judges saying how unique the dishes are , and finally when the result is announced, it is the other time. so no logic at all. As you said, we cant taste the dishes, so we entirely depend on what is shown, and judges comments particularly. So when conflicting results are given, people tend to think this is favoritism. Thats my POV!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Even I am surprised at this contradiction of Master Chef.
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Welcome to the forum dear ...even I am new here and agree to your points that we can't comment over anything as we can't taste the dishes just comment over plating ...
_shadesnature_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkling_gems

Even I am surprised at this contradiction of Master Chef.

Agree with your point ...
Even I think that people choose their fav contest so whenever result is not in favour of them they blame others but this week team task somewhere let me to think the judgement was pre planned
Btw don't know can't taste it ...so whatever we are served from our tv screen we have to digest it
sparkling_gems thumbnail
^agree we cant taste the food but we can see the which team is working with more co-ordination or which is doing nothing but shouting. who has more innovative idea nd last but not last least we can see who has presented their food more beautifully.. as they say first you eat through eyes then nose and tasting through tongue comes later.. first the presentation should be appealing... it happens with me most of the time when I go to buy some sweets.. and at shop I will see some different kinds of sweets and always end up buying them.. in MCI-4 you will see it is one player or team who is all messed up but then you find them winning the challenge.. this is not digestible to me.
_shadesnature_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkling_gems

^agree we cant taste the food but we can see the which team is working with more co-ordination or which is doing nothing but shouting. who has more innovative idea nd last but not last least we can see who has presented their food more beautifully.. as they say first you eat through eyes then nose and tasting through tongue comes later.. first the presentation should be appealing... it happens with me most of the time when I go to buy some sweets.. and at shop I will see some different kinds of sweets and always end up buying them.. in MCI-4 you will see it is one player or team who is all messed up but then you find them winning the challenge.. this is not digestible to me.

Agree ๐Ÿ˜›

Word Count: 1

seemanya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Some things defy logic, like how can blue team win by sucha huge margin. So talented cooks like nikita, vijay, meenuji made such a bad plate that they deserve only 2 votes, impossible. They had tasted all their dishes and made sure that all of them tasted good. On the other side the blue team main dish the pulav was a mixture of whatever anybody wanted to add. Like orange juice in a pulav does not sound appetizing. In the episode the red teams dishes were appreciated a lot more. If you see the critics videos, where they had to select a favorite team, all the critics said that both teams were awesome. If both teams were awesome how come the margin was so huge.
Also how come people like Bhakti and neha never ever made into aakhri daav.

Thejudgements are not completely based on food, because I feel the channel also wants to promote a person who they feel will be presentable, will be more watchable and liked by the audience. It is not all about only food, it is also about a more watchable personality on tv, who will bring in more trp.
Edited by seemanya - 9 years ago