Judges Interfering During Session

rsk11584 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Dear Friends,
I am a budding amateur chef and cook many dishes at home by following the recipe. I saw masterchef 4 today and saw the cream incident and also observed how the judges were sort of taunting and asking questions to the participants while they were making the dishes. Already time is very less and the participants themselves are sort of professional chefs and know how to follow the recipe.

What is feel is that the judges should just observe the participants and avoid talking or commenting on their cooking while the test is in process. After 90 minutes during testing session they can point out the flaws of the participants. Also I found the earlier masterchef too arrogant in pointing out the mistakes of the three participants. Come on whatever exam you give, no one interrupts you in the middle of exam and tells you that your answers are wrong. Every participant should be given their privacy time of 90 mintues and let to cook their own style.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
πŸ‘πŸ‘
Valid point raised...I always used to wonder ...don't they get irritated and interrupted while the judges keep querying them in the mid process? Then thought may b I am the only one who felt this ...😳...butting in between is mainly done by the judges to entertain the audience...but v don't want any entertainment in a cookery show...all v need is the creativity and passion in the art of cooking...while I am in pressure ...I would forget what I was supposed to execute according to the plan I scheduled mentally...so the contestants also might b facing these probs...y can't these melo dramas b rested and v shown only pure cooking...I also get irritated when on Sunday's...scripted experiences r narrated instead of showing the live cooking...v r zoomed to the nonsense of a male contestant lifting other one...all emotional filmi songs thrown in and then the chef cuts off the crap in a jiffy and continues with his cooking and then again another melodrama...🀒...am sure the chefs too won't enjoy these stunts but forced to as a part of their script...I wud b more happy watching the contestants more natural like the way Nikita is...and pure cooking shown...

ld say the channel demands in the name of trps and entertainment is a curse for good shows...🀒
kbhavani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Me too feel its unnecessary to interfere while they r cooking.. Judges can ask what they r cooking and they can discuss the flaws later among themselves.. It will definitely spoil the plan of contestants and they will be forced to change their mind to be on the safer side..

jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Judges should nt disturb dem wen dey r cooking.
They should allow dem to cook should nt comment.

deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Even though it looks like interfering during the session, it gives the contestants to realize where they have gone wrong and if they could redo it or save it or totally change it with other one. So it is Ok for them to give some remarks which will help the contestants to recover from losing at the end.
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Interfering during cooking may seem annoying but at the same time you learn to do better from their advice, following or not is the contestant's choice
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
But in some cases chefs improve their dishes after judges intervention. Had Chef Kapoor not told Pratibha that her khandvi is slight fat, she would have not made it again and later Vikas told her that her plating is not much impressive. this helped her to improve and got Flavour-e-azam..
snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
they are giving good suggestion which they need to know and learn. many times wen contestants begin to give up only judges come for their rescue. so i dont find anything wrong.
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: snehapriya

they are giving good suggestion which they need to know and learn. many times wen contestants begin to give up only judges come for their rescue. so i dont find anything wrong.

😳agree

Word Count: 1

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
why did they not interfere when they saw karishma pouring the cream from 1 bowl to another on the floor!