did bhakti deserve to be flavor e azam this week? - Page 2

Poll

did bhakti deserve to be flavor e azam this week?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: sparkling_gems

Besides no innovation.. during the time of cooking when her rajmah was not cooked as rajmah were not soaked overnight she said that she added extra cooking soda to make them soft and as far as I know adding cooking soda not only change the colour of your dish for worse but it ruin the taste. I wonder how Bhakti came over this??!!!

I was wondering how big a risk she took by cooking it without soaking...😕adding soda...agree with u...defn. ...not good from taste point of view
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Besides no innovation.. during the time of cooking when her rajmah was not cooked as rajmah were not soaked overnight she said that she added extra cooking soda to make them soft and as far as I know adding cooking soda not only change the colour of your dish for worse but it ruin the taste. I wonder how Bhakti came over this??!!!

yeah! thats what i was thinking also you need soak rajma well enough before cooking. adding soda didnt make any sense to me.

*to the member who said neha's dish was innovative, im sorry to say i didnt find her dish innovative as well as i had theplas and pakoras with my family. vijay tried something new in adding hibiscus in the daal baati, nikita made a pastry out of a pumpkin curry, meenuji's panjiri looked somewhat interesting as i felt setting liquid as a gel was now seen post kerala week
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^Absolutely agree...Meenu aunty gave a desi dish like panjeeri to a absolute new shape... it was like ummmuaaahhh as Ranveer said. also Vijay also did some innovation while using hibiscus while making the dough for Baati..
MJ_1009 thumbnail

^Absolutely agree...Meenu aunty gave a desi dish like panjeeri to a absolute new shape... it was like ummmuaaahhh as Ranveer said. also Vijay also did some innovation while using hibiscus while making the dough for Baati..

i agree! but i would like to advice to vijay to try out some other cuisines other than rajasthani food! want him to start exploring other kinds of cuisines
sparkling_gems thumbnail
^ Yaa even I was wondering too.. Vijay needs to be more innovative.. He must try other cuisines too esp. some continental or middle eastern dishes.. But I am sure judges and trainer will look into this as I can see him going quite ahead in this show... I feel they esp. Chef Vikas Khanna will take him under his wings to train him.
MJ_1009 thumbnail
^although he did try a kerala dish which was good sign but this week was to cook fav food cooked by mum so i kinda do understand and will let him go this time but hopefully he tries his hand in baking and other stuff...
sparkling_gems thumbnail
^ Yaa agreed on what you said.. plus considering his background, I really admire the self confidence, he is gaining gradually on this show.. if you remember the first time he came on the show with this dish, he was looking so under-confident but I think judges and channel is paying attention to his grooming too.
MJ_1009 thumbnail
^ agreed. wanna see him explore arabian culture in the upcoming trips
Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
a biggg nooo
i thought it would be nikita/meenu aunty/vijay..
i really dint understand why bhakti..