Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Lovely kappa recipes thereπŸ˜ƒ
Folks...what about the kappa chips and jackfruit chips...πŸ˜†..(edited...sorry Divya...just noticed u have stated the chips in your post...noticed now...).yummm...

both r crispy and tempting...love Sadya...the way it is served hot on the fresh plaintain leaf makes it even more inviting...😊

Longing to have a full fledged Sadya...though v make all the items cooked in episode today for the poojas...never had a chance to have a full sadya meal...
Edited by -allizwell- - 9 years ago
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
One thing to add , some kappa roots might give u slight intoxication ... πŸ˜†
allizzwell thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyasn

😲Oh is it...never knew this...
allizzwell thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj-avin

Hello everyone, did u all like Kerala week so far. I think they have shown justice to Kerala culture. They showed a glimpse of kathakali. Everyone took the effort to wear Kerala attire. And suited most of them, except as pointed by one of the forum members the judges didn't have to wear the second mundu on shoulders.

Then house boats , foods like tapioca, cashew, coconut. Today's kalaripayattu also was enjoyable. And sadya items. Felt really proud seeing sadya on banana leaf near Vilaku( lamp). Think they were standing near temple.
All in all, being a keralite, I enjoyed everything. 😊Having said this, I felt all this disconnected me from the actual theme of the show-cooking, so no comments on that!πŸ˜†

Do post your views😊

Well said raj...agree with everything...Kerala is paradise...so is its cuisine...sadly the cooking in the episodes has been messed up in the name of creativity...some stuffs lose their charm if their originality is not retained...
raj-avin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyasn

is that the reason y the water used for boiling shd be drained away.😲
allizzwell thumbnail

Oh...v don't drain it too...
raj-avin thumbnail

Originally posted by: -allizwell-

Well said raj...agree with everything...Kerala is paradise...so is its cuisine...sadly the cooking in the episodes has been messed up in the name of creativity...some stuffs lose their charm if their originality is not retained...

I know , cooking has been terribly messed up. The items have been presentd in a way nobody likes, I mean like unniyapam, actually none of the stuffs looked anything like the original.
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

may be , i am not so sure about that ...
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

First of all, let me admit- I am not an expert in cooking.πŸ˜‰ We cook only two varieties in kappa- one is just boiled kappa with red chilly/ green chilly chutney and other kappa puzhaku (dont know ehether it has an english name). First take off the outer skin, cut into small pices and boil with turneric and salt. You drain the water once it is cooked. Then tadka is added, with mustard seeds, red chilly dry and curry leaves. This we have with green chilly chutney.
Second is Kappa puzhaku. We boil it the same way. also grind coconut, cumin seeds, small onions, gren chilly. We mix all together and add tadka with oil, mustard seed, red chilly dry and curry leaves. This is the way I do it. 😊There can be corrections. i am sure there are more experts than me in this forum.πŸ˜ƒ

Been ages since I had these dishes.. I will buy kappa next time I go to an Indian store.. Does anyone have any tip on how to select the tender/fresh ones?
raj-avin thumbnail

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

Been ages since I had these dishes.. I will buy kappa next time I go to an Indian store.. Does anyone have any tip on how to select the tender/fresh ones?

actually even I didnt have these dishes for sometime, after seeing MC , I remembered and bought it yesterday. Do you mind me asking where you live. If u r in UK, I can tell you where to get it from.😊