raj-avin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello everyone, did u all like Kerala week so far. I think they have shown justice to Kerala culture. They showed a glimpse of kathakali. Everyone took the effort to wear Kerala attire. And suited most of them, except as pointed by one of the forum members the judges didn't have to wear the second mundu on shoulders.
Then house boats , foods like tapioca, cashew, coconut. Today's kalaripayattu also was enjoyable. And sadya items. Felt really proud seeing sadya on banana leaf near Vilaku( lamp). Think they were standing near temple.
All in all, being a keralite, I enjoyed everything. ๐Ÿ˜ŠHaving said this, I felt all this disconnected me from the actual theme of the show-cooking, so no comments on that!๐Ÿ˜†

Do post your views๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am loving the kerla theme.Being a Palaghat Iyer,I am drooling at the food..lol.I want to go to Kerala and enjoy all this food.
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
i love the culture...esp the dances kathakali, mohiniyattam dance, kalaripayattu/chaau the culture :D...although i'm not a south indian, the culture is beautiful
Edited by _Meena_ - 9 years ago
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I too love Kerala culture nd food.
Wen dey were serving in the plantion leaf my mouth was watering.

In kerala coconut will be added in food.
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The sadya which showed yesterday is pure veg -- It is the standard lunch for marriages and auspicious functions for Hindus ...
divyasn thumbnail
Other than the curries , Sadya must contain atleast 2 types of chips one salty , one sweet made out of bana, 3 pickles and atleast two payasams - One payasam made with milk and sugar --- and the other with coconut milk and jaggery ...
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Heyy I am a North Indian.. not much aware of South Indian dishes.. except for Idli, dosai, sambhar .. can you please tell what is Kappa and how it is cooked and also how Kerala sambhar is different than other sambhar? Thanks :)
raj-avin thumbnail

Originally posted by: sparkling_gems

Heyy I am a North Indian.. not much aware of South Indian dishes.. except for Idli, dosai, sambhar .. can you please tell what is Kappa and how it is cooked and also how Kerala sambhar is different than other sambhar? Thanks :)

First of all, let me admit- I am not an expert in cooking.๐Ÿ˜‰ We cook only two varieties in kappa- one is just boiled kappa with red chilly/ green chilly chutney and other kappa puzhaku (dont know ehether it has an english name). First take off the outer skin, cut into small pices and boil with turneric and salt. You drain the water once it is cooked. Then tadka is added, with mustard seeds, red chilly dry and curry leaves. This we have with green chilly chutney.
Second is Kappa puzhaku. We boil it the same way. also grind coconut, cumin seeds, small onions, gren chilly. We mix all together and add tadka with oil, mustard seed, red chilly dry and curry leaves. This is the way I do it. ๐Ÿ˜ŠThere can be corrections. i am sure there are more experts than me in this forum.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
divyasn thumbnail
Another kappa dish is just boiled kappa --

Remove outer skin and cut each kappa into 3/4 cylindrical pieces .. Boil in water unless it is soft and can be broken by hand ...

Tastes good with chill chutney

Then kappa chips are there , Even we can make biriyani out of kappa ... using kappa instead of rice ...
raj-avin thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyasn

Another kappa dish is just boiled kappa --

Remove outer skin and cut each kappa into 3/4 cylindrical pieces .. Boil in water unless it is soft and can be broken by hand ...

Tastes good with chill chutney

Then kappa chips are there , Even we can make biriyani out of kappa ... using kappa instead of rice ...

kappa biriyani...never had it...wow, am sure it will be amazing