Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: divyasn

u got the wrong info

neyyappam and vellaappam are different from unniyappam ... unniyappam is a seperate dish altogether .. and the batter needs fermentation --- it cant be made in one and a half hours ...

may be eggless batter is possible for achappam , but it mar the taste of it ...

to add on prathibhas unniyappam were looking horrible ... not even the right color

We generally use clay chatti only for preparing fish curry ...

Not for payasam and sweet stuff ...
rava idly and rasam are mainly tamil/kannada dishes -- not really keralite ones s

Oh is it...? V r tamil iyers originating from kerala and generally uniappam v quote for either sweet or salted appam but small in size...again for both neiappam and mor appam...good amount of fermentation is needed...hence the misinterpretation in terms I had may b 😊...yeah have heard...chatti is used only for fish curry ...
Lol...right...rasam...rava idli...r not kerala dishes...they should have showed puttu kadala which is typical Kerala dish.
Edited by -allizwell- - 9 years ago
allizzwell thumbnail

Originally posted by: anusha.cochin

was thinking d same...first thing no malayalis make payasam or sweet dishes n chattis...and dey all wer making traditional dishes like noolappam, payasam, unniyappam within n 1 hour🀒

i m sure dey shud have provided extra utensils and classes regarding kerala dishes,...still ...being a malayalai even i dont know to make jackfruit payasam(
payasam has too much varieties and each one s diff n prep and timing)...and contestants making and unknown dish dat too dis fast,,,really fishy😲

Yeah right...the achappam mould landed from nowhereπŸ˜†...where as only option of chatti shown...again...jackfruit payasam...is the toughest one...if one can master it...any Kerala dish is easiest...πŸ˜†...show is defn. Staged and either recipes r given to them...or some ...assistance edited out...kanteshwar is the ultimate joke...🀣
Edited by -allizwell- - 9 years ago
allizzwell thumbnail
I was also wondering tapioca which is not so much used in regular veggies...the contestants r able to use them properly as if they had cooked them for ages and know what flavours can blend with this particular veggie...πŸ˜•...I mean if v were to cook using a particular stuff, would it have been so easy to plan the ingredients needed for the same?
Yesterday epi was full of loopholes...

divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
They mixed jackfruit and tapioca and made cutlet .. I can pakka say it will taste pathetic ...

Jackfruit needs much more cooking time than tapioca... how can the contestants know that all perfectly ..
Edited by divyasn - 9 years ago
divyasn thumbnail

Originally posted by: -allizwell-

Oh is it...? V r tamil iyers originating from kerala and generally uniappam v quote for either sweet or salted appam but small in size...again for both neiappam and mor appam...good amount of fermentation is needed...hence the misinterpretation in terms I had may b 😊...yeah have heard...chatti is used only for fish curry ...
Lol...right...rasam...rava idli...r not kerala dishes...they should have showed puttu kadala which is typical Kerala dish.

rava idli was such an easy option and what was that combination of idly and rasam ...

Idly is usually had with sambar ... and not rasam πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
allizzwell thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyasn

They mixed jackfruit and tapioca and made cutlet .. I can pakka say it will taste pathetic ...

Jackfruit needs much more cooking time than tapioca... how can the contestants know that all perfectly ..

yeah agree dear...πŸ˜ƒ...
Cooking time matters...also what type of jackfruit...jackfruit is in ripe form then used for payasam...tender raw and delicate one is used for traditional molagushiyam...raw one has 2 types...iddichakkai and kada chakkai...the way of cutting them, cooking them and their flavour all is different.😊...no idea how they made cutlet by mashing them...if it is iddichakkai...then too hands gets so messy as they tend to stick badly...all that they managed within 75 mins?
reeeh thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 3
hahaha... wt say about todays pulissery, avial n all...??!!
There s no doubt, that they were given training... how Vijay knew about achappam??

And about the utensils, they were given other utensils other than chatti... they showed sum of them rt...
BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hola..
Yes, I also do feel that the show is scripted (and has been for ages).. And not only for the time factor or the different types of food the contestants seem to know as if it is their birthright (here my feeling is that they are taught very many different dishes and technique and the episodes are like our school exams to see how well they imbibed their lessons) but also for the praises that come from the judges - I really feel most dishes won't be worth even sniffing..

reeeh thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BullsEye777

Hola..

Yes, I also do feel that the show is scripted (and has been for ages).. And not only for the time factor or the different types of food the contestants seem to know as if it is their birthright (here my feeling is that they are taught very many different dishes and technique and the episodes are like our school exams to see how well they imbibed their lessons) but also for the praises that come from the judges - I really feel most dishes won't be worth even sniffing..

@ bold: πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
divyasn thumbnail

Originally posted by: -allizwell-

yeah agree dear...πŸ˜ƒ...
Cooking time matters...also what type of jackfruit...jackfruit is in ripe form then used for payasam...tender raw and delicate one is used for traditional molagushiyam...raw one has 2 types...iddichakkai and kada chakkai...the way of cutting them, cooking them and their flavour all is different.😊...no idea how they made cutlet by mashing them...if it is iddichakkai...then too hands gets so messy as they tend to stick badly...all that they managed within 75 mins?

I have never had a dish which contains both chakka and kappa together -- eventhough there are umpteen dishes which can be made seperately ..

Porridge is one such yummy dish ...

Kappa porridge, Chakka porridge with fish curry is a yummy yummy combination