divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
After seeing today's episode , I feel the show is totally rigged

There are some points which defied logic

Karishma's team made payasam . In chatti it is not possible to prepare payasam
How did Nikita/Vijay made rava idli in chatti ?

Prathibha, Ashish presented unniyappam as the namkeen where as unniyappam is the unique sweet dish ( again cannot be made in a chatti )

Nikita/Vijay made and presented achappam -- Achappam batter contains eggs . Then how can they claim it to be purely veg show ..

Totally disappointed with this season ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divyasn thumbnail
Also how can they make unniyappam when the batter needs atleast some hours of fermentation ...

raj-avin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Havent seen yet, so cant really comment, but yes I agree each episode there are lots of unanswered questions.
I think they had other traditional utensils apart from chatti, no way can they cook rava idli/ achappam!
I now dont expect anything from the show cookingwise, just watch like any other fiction shows.

Yesterday, I found it really funny when Sanjeev was coming and background chennai express song! Not sure why they want to do all this in cooking based show!πŸ˜•
cuteheena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
in my family no one has idea what chatti is yes they have used coal but in different stove and i have no idea about south indian dishies Maybe it took less time to cook as they were not orignal recipe maybe they the batter is different and takes less time πŸ˜† i did'not see them breaking eggs maybe they used something else instead of eggs... me too watch like other fiction show
allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with the rava idly part that it needs a idli mould but possible they made it like a uthappam and steamed it..
Uniyappam can b of two types...the sweet one is called nie appam and salted is called Vella appam or morappam. But I make them in 7 rounded moulds...in chatti...v can make by pouring the batter directly into oil...no idea whether it will get perfect round shapes.

Regarding achappam...eggless batter is very much possible ...substitutes r condensed milk or coconut milk...

But still I find today's episode more staged as the participants were made to run and find out the hinted mallu ingredient which they cannot even pronounce till end and here they r cooking all South type recipes without any instructions...πŸ˜•...I mean how do they know the traditional Kerala payasam taste or something authentic which ashish pratibha had cooked πŸ˜•...I found today's epi weird.
Edited by -allizwell- - 9 years ago
Pooja4Suhit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't know so much about cooking but using eggs does not make a dish non-vegeterain. Vegeterain cooking includes egg, its "vegan" cooking that excludes egg.

According to the encyloypedia:

Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat meat. However, while vegetarians tend to consume dairy products and eggs, a vegan avoids all animal products, including eggs and dairy.
Edited by Pooja4Suhit - 9 years ago
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -allizwell-

I agree with the rava idly part that it needs a idli mould but possible they made it like a uthappam and steamed it..

Uniyappam can b of two types...the sweet one is called nie appam and salted is called Vella appam or morappam. But I make them in 7 rounded moulds...in chatti...v can make by pouring the batter directly into oil...no idea whether it will get perfect round shapes.

Regarding achappam...eggless batter is very much possible ...substitutes r condensed milk or coconut milk...

But still I find today's episode more staged as the participants were made to run and find out the hinted mallu ingredient which they cannot even pronounce till end and here they r cooking all South type recipes without any instructions...πŸ˜•...I mean how do they know the traditional Kerala payasam taste or something authentic which ashish pratibha had cooked πŸ˜•...I found today's epi weird.

Totally agree with u.

In spite of knowing how to make , we cannot finish sooo soon .

Achappam we can make without egg like cake.Milk subsitute Egg.

Payasam i too was shocked how dey made i doubt ,even judge can make?
divyasn thumbnail

u got the wrong info

neyyappam and vellaappam are different from unniyappam ... unniyappam is a seperate dish altogether .. and the batter needs fermentation --- it cant be made in one and a half hours ...

may be eggless batter is possible for achappam , but it mar the taste of it ...

to add on prathibhas unniyappam were looking horrible ... not even the right color

We generally use clay chatti only for preparing fish curry ...

Not for payasam and sweet stuff ...
rava idly and rasam are mainly tamil/kannada dishes -- not really keralite ones
anusha.cochin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: divyasn

u got the wrong info

neyyappam and vellaappam are different from unniyappam ... unniyappam is a seperate dish altogether .. and the batter needs fermentation --- it cant be made in one and a half hours ...

may be eggless batter is possible for achappam , but it mar the taste of it ...

to add on prathibhas unniyappam were looking horrible ... not even the right color

We generally use clay chatti only for preparing fish curry ...

Not for payasam and sweet stuff ...
rava idly and rasam are mainly tamil/kannada dishes -- not really keralite ones

i agree...uNNIYAPPAM s different from vellayappam...and cant made n a chatti...and pratibas unniyappam doesnt look like unniyappam...

and wat about batter...iddly and unniyappam batter shud be fermented...so i guess dey shud be supplied d batter...but den how can it b contestants talent if batter s given...wat dey have to do is just to steam it😲

anusha.cochin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

was thinking d same...first thing no malayalis make payasam or sweet dishes n chattis...and dey all wer making traditional dishes like noolappam, payasam, unniyappam within n 1 hour🀒

i m sure dey shud have provided extra utensils and classes regarding kerala dishes,...still ...being a malayalai even i dont know to make jackfruit payasam(
payasam has too much varieties and each one s diff n prep and timing)...and contestants making and unknown dish dat too dis fast,,,really fishy😲