How r u actually learning!

DiamondLife thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi all!
I like the theme of vegetarian Master Chef...brilliant.

But i have Question for all of you..

Mon-Sat..episodes we just see contestants doing cooking according to challenges..how u all are learning from this??

Sunday, they show cooking class..but most of the recipes have long list ingredients
and complicated tooπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I did not know that Sunday's episode is a cooking class. I have not been watching it on Sundays because I didn't know it aired on Sundays.
I learn some of the techniques by observation like how VK showed to cut the muli for the muli ribbons. Most of them like the rice paper one, I remember at the time, but I forget how to do it later.

I wish they posted recipes and small tip videos online!
Minionite thumbnail
I usually just wait for some of the recipes to come online. Usually the best recipes of each contestant are posted online and then it's easier to learn from there.

Sunday's recipes are way too complicated to even try. πŸ˜† Even my mom says forget it for those ones.
khushi_shankar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hello to all,
Are you guys living in North America or Europe? I live here too and most people here really do not cook such complicated recipes. My mom was teachign me some basic Indian sabzis (like Punjabi dishes) and when I told my friends how to make them, they found it very complicated. Most of the food us Americans eat is not very complicated.
Oh, yes and my mom says to not really try MC Sunday dishes because they are kind of complex to amke but they actually do not taste that good either. Like very few of them are really worth the effort.

I personally live in Canada and I am learning basic Indian sabzis. I still cannot make rotis. :)
Edited by khushi_shankar - 9 years ago
_Manasa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
May be we can't learn a recipie in a full fledged way but I think we can learn some techniques or tips from sunday's episode's and even in regular epsiodes if we carefully observe them 😊
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: khushi_shankar

Hello to all,
Are you guys living in North America or Europe? I live here too and most people here really do not cook such complicated recipes. My mom was teachign me some basic Indian sabzis (like Punjabi dishes) and when I told my friends how to make them, they found it very complicated. Most of the food us Americans eat is not very complicated.
Oh, yes and my mom says to not really try MC Sunday dishes because they are kind of complex to amke but they actually do not taste that good either. Like very few of them are really worth the effort.

I personally live in Canada and I am learning basic Indian sabzis. I still cannot make rotis. :)

I'm from Canada as well. I can cook basics in Indian sabzis. I can also make things like rotis, naans, muttar, shakar paare, and halwas. But the things they show in MC Sunday are actually very hard.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I saw Sunday's episode finally---It seems to me that they actually show professional chef level dishes only. It's very esthetically pleasing to look at, but it is not something for everyday cooks to try out. I'm an everyday, at home cook, so these dishes just go over my head. πŸ˜†
DiamondLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

I usually just wait for some of the recipes to come online. Usually the best recipes of each contestant are posted online and then it's easier to learn from there.

Sunday's recipes are way too complicated to even try. πŸ˜† Even my mom says forget it for those ones.

online recipes..i had very bad experience with that rasgulla-orange cake Aishwarya rai tasted 🀣

i tried from online interactions...terribly failed 🀣
DiamondLife thumbnail
i am in canada too😳
Thanks all for reply..

yes, i can add ann modify the ideas they share and make it simple..

Also, its hard to get the ingredients they show, esp when u live in cities where no indian grocery storeπŸ˜’
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

online recipes..i had very bad experience with that rasgulla-orange cake Aishwarya rai tasted 🀣

i tried from online interactions...terribly failed 🀣

I didn't even try that cake. It looked too complicated and my Mom refused to give me the kitchen to make that. 🀣