Any Passionate Cooks/ Foodies?

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I was wondering since MC has such a food focus if there are people on this forum whom are also very passionate about food? Whether it's you love to eat different foods and to try out new restaurants, whether it's you love learning and trying new recipes and new techniques, or whether it's a combination of both!

Personally, I love watching other people cook and learning new recipes and techniques. I also, love trying out new restaurants and trying new foods. Shows like this really inspire the inner chef in me! It gets me thinking about new ideas and flavor combinations to try. After seeing the muli ribbon, I too want to try out that technique! πŸ˜† I would love the opportunity to be able to travel the world and eat different foods and see different places of worship. I feel that food is the common ground that connects people all over the world with each other because everyone eats and needs food for survival. πŸ˜ƒ

Please share below your connection with food! πŸ˜‰
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhavli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Similarly I also love to watch, learn and attempt...I could watch the food network all day long 😊
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
great post
yeh im a big time foodie and a good cook
exploring new resturants and cuisine is my fav thing 2 do in holidays
whenever i go to any supermarket,my main focus is on diff types of ingredients
making combinations in mind and then executing it in kitchen
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Im a big foodie... Also an amateur cook who loves experimenting
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhavli

Similarly I also love to watch, learn and attempt...I could watch the food network all day long 😊

@ BOLD: Yes, even I can watch Food Network all day long! It's so much fun for me.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: buzzy.reenaholi

great post
yeh im a big time foodie and a good cook
exploring new resturants and cuisine is my fav thing 2 do in holidays
whenever i go to any supermarket,my main focus is on diff types of ingredients
making combinations in mind and then executing it in kitchen

@ BOLD: Yes, I too love to go to the grocery store or even specialty markets and buy new ingredients to try. I have even put myself in a pickle because of it. πŸ˜† I was at the Farmer's Market one time, and I bought a vegetable called "jicama". I had it in a salad at a restaurant, so I wanted to make a salad with it too. We had guests from out of town too during that time. I had not worked with jicama before, and I did not know how difficult it is to peel and cut it. We do not own any fancy chef knifes, so it took me almost two hours to peel and cut the jicama! 😲 πŸ˜† I had tried every knife we owned to cut it. πŸ˜†It was worth it though because the salad tasted awesome with it, and our guests liked it, but my hands were pink and sore after the whole ordeal. πŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

Im a big foodie... Also an amateur cook who loves experimenting

@ BOLD: Yes, experimenting is so much fun, and it can also be dangerous too. πŸ˜† I have had some funny cooking experiences while trying to copy what I saw the chef on T.V. do. πŸ˜†

I also have a horrible tendency to make too much food, so if a recipe does not turn out well, there's always so much of it left. I have to learn to cook small test batches instead. πŸ˜†
BeingBlunt thumbnail
I love watching food shows on TV. πŸ˜† When i have nothing to watch on TV i Swicth to Zee Khana Khajana and there is always something i can look forward to. πŸ˜ƒ
I try and experiment with combinations and items but thats very rare because i dont get to cook anything, Mom and sis wont let me in because i make the kitchen dirty. πŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

I love watching food shows on TV. πŸ˜† When i have nothing to watch on TV i Swicth to Zee Khana Khajana and there is always something i can look forward to. πŸ˜ƒ

I try and experiment with combinations and items but thats very rare because i dont get to cook anything, Mom and sis wont let me in because i make the kitchen dirty. πŸ˜†

My dad and I get the kitchen very dirty, and we also have a tendency to take out too many bowls and cooking pots/ utensils. πŸ˜† I clean up though after I am done, and I help my dad too when he cooks. My dad gets the stove area very dirty, so my mom gets very upset with him. πŸ˜†
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@tulip-ah that was very interesting story.now i m tempted 2 use that veg in salads πŸ˜ƒ