Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
im a non veg but the idea of veg theme is great but at the same time how can someone become an international standard chef without cooking meat?
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: buzzy.reenaholi

im a non veg but the idea of veg theme is great but at the same time how can someone become an international standard chef without cooking meat?

You bring up a good point, but that is the purpose of this season's theme: To bring vegetarian cooking to an international level. We have chefs that specialize in different cuisines, and we have pastry chefs as well. We can have chefs that specialize in vegetarian cooking as well. The winner of this season has a chance to create a respect for vegetarian cooking to a world level.
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
In a country like India where probably more than 50% of the population is vegetarian, this was needed.

Of course we could replace certain ingredients with meats and cook the same dish!
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

You bring up a good point, but that is the purpose of this season's theme: To bring vegetarian cooking to an international level. We have chefs that specialize in different cuisines, and we have pastry chefs as well. We can have chefs that specialize in vegetarian cooking as well. The winner of this season has a chance to create a respect for vegetarian cooking to a world level.

yup thats a good idea
khushi_shankar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

In a country like India where probably more than 50% of the population is vegetarian, this was needed.

Of course we could replace certain ingredients with meats and cook the same dish!

I do not think that is true. Yes, Indians do eat more veg than others but that does not mean that most Indians are vegetarians.

I think somebody gave the statistics that 60% of Indians are not vegetarians. Think of it this way, according othe Hindu cast system, only the brmhins and some other religious groups are vegetarians. All other people are not necessarily vegetarians. Even Muslims anre Christians eat meat.
I'm sorry if I am offending anybody but that notion was nearly not true. I really do not mean to bring cast or religion but I am just trying to prove a point. My descriptions of people by their casts is just an example to illustrate my point and not a statement who should or should not eat meat. I know a lot of bramhins who eat meat and some of my Christian friends do not even touch meat.
chaotic_mess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I agree!!!!i know veg food is very healthy bit i am one of those people for whom atleast one non-veg item in a day is mandatory!!!!i am a pure nonvegetarian!!!!i cannot remember a single time when i hv gone to a rstrnt nd ordrd smthing veg!!!!i am only watching this season to break my ignorance towards veg food.lets see if it works or not!!!!
larki_punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
actually the thing is that the show is on air 30 mints or maybe less then 30 mints thatswhy many ppl are not showing interesst in that show
if it would be a 1 hr slot then it wouldnt b a matter if its a veg or non cooking competition