A rant; Read at your own risk.

ArjunLaxmiFL thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
There was a time when I started watching MLTAK purely because of Lakshmi's exuberance. Barely 6 months back, this show started and captured my heart. Yes, the protagonist was greedy, she had her faults and still does apparently but that's what kept me hooked on to the show. Arjun and Lakshmi became the new never-to-be-separated kinda couple in my head. I almost got the Armaan Ridhima vibes from them (DMG fans would understand).

Today, when I see the promos of Lakshmi having sold Arjun like he's a packet of very expensive Maggi noodles, I feel sorry for the makers of the show. I know its fiction and I know that they will ultimately show Saumya the back door and bring the love back, I will never be able to watch Arjun and Lakshmi in the same was as I do now. There will always be a price tag over Arjun's head for me and no matter how long and painful they show Lakshmi's redemption later, I will never be able to accept a love story like this. When they initially showed Lakshmi's dream, I felt that we, as viewers, could dissuade the CVs to show this track. I had my hopes so high when there wasn't a mention of this track for 2 months. But there you go. Love or money. This question was present when Lakshmi chose Ajay over Arjun too. I thought she did it once, she might choose love again. But anyway, it's all about the TRPs now. If people watch this, they show it. :)

Arjun should leave both the women and be with someone else entirely. Poor guy, even fictionally, no one deserves this. :D

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

salg thumbnail
Exactly my views too. Arjun and Lakshmi's relationship will never be the same again. magic is gone.
224529 thumbnail
Ditto. Lakshmi and Arjun should soon complete their Amarnath yatra and have a kid. That way, if, in future they again have financial problems, she can sell the kid. 🤢 'Cause this show is all about selling your loved ones to psycho stalkers, for money. Also, apparently selling your husband is the only way his dad will ever accept you as his DIL. YAYYY! 🤢
Edited by In-Sanity-Triv - 12 years ago
luckyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nicely put ArjunLaxmiL, my sentiments exactly ..
I loved Laxmi's character initially as despite having so many setbacks in life , she still had her hopes high and a smile on her face for all , but as the time is passing on , she's irritable and greedier by the day and hour ..

She is doing everything , and hasn't Arjun erver heard of a word called a Lawyer ??

When the mention of an auction arose , the first thing he should've done is to have cantacted a lawyer , since his dad is not well , what kind of a degree did he obtain in the UK ?

He has no idea as how to salvage a sinking ship of their house and business ??

Laxmi had to work out such legal glitches and face a battery of lawyers alone ??

This is beyond ... comprehension ..

And where are the family of Renuka ??
And mother of all questions ..

Where is the 2.5 crore ring that Laxmi had hidden from the raiding team ??

Where are Dadi ji's 100 crore rupees that was left for her exclusively by her late husband ??

Edited by luckyp - 12 years ago
ArjunLaxmiFL thumbnail

Originally posted by: In-Sanity-Triv

Ditto. Lakshmi and Arjun should soon complete their Amarnath yatra and have a kid. That way, if, in future they again have financial problems, she can sell the kid. 🤢 'Cause this show is all about selling your loved ones to psycho stalkers, for money. Also, apparently selling your husband is the only way his dad will ever accept you as his DIL. YAYYY! 🤢

Triv, not only that. Lakshmi will be shown as masking this 'selling your husband' crap under 'doing it for the parivaar'. I have no qualms about the way the show has adopted. I just won't be able to look at Arjun-Lakshmi's relationship the same way ever again. He is worth 80 crores and that will always be there. No matter how much Lakshmi regrets it later.
ArjunLaxmiFL thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckyp

Very nicely put ArjunLaxmiL, my sentiments exactly ..

I loved Laxmi's character initially as despite having so many setbacks in life , she still had her hopes high and a smile on her face for all , but as the time is passing on , she's irritable and greedier by the day and hour ..

She is doing everything , and hasn't Arjun erver heard of a word called a Lawyer ??

When the mention of an auction arose , the first thing he should've done is to have cantacted a lawyer , since his dad is not well , what kind of a degree did he obtain in the UK ?

He has no idea as how to salvage a sinking ship of their house and business ??

Laxmi had to work out such legal glitches and face a battery of lawyers alone ??

This is beyond ... comprehension ..

And where are the family of Renuka ??
And mother of all questions ..

Where is the 2.5 crore ring that Laxmi had hidden from the raiding team ??

Where are Dadi ji's 100 crore rupees that was left for her exclusively by her late husband ??

Luckyp, I feel you have some misconceptions regarding the show. The ring was taken by the CBI officials as they were leaving the house so yea, Lakshmi hasn't hidden it anywhere. And the money that Dadi had was in the form of a trust fund worth 10 crores, not 100 crores. All trusts, bank accounts, FDIs are sealed in such cases. Since dadi is also a agnihotri, this money too would be used to repay the people
And as far as hiring a lawyer is concerned, they have been shown to be lving in dire circumstances where Lakshmi has sold her jewellery to pay for the household expenses so iring a lawyer would require money which they don't have currently. Let's not expect morals from this show, just expect entertainment. Lakshmi may take this drastic measure of 'sharing' her husband but honestly hope Arjun shows the common sense that he shown sometimes and refuse to put a pce tag on himself. He doesn't deserve wither women, I feel :P
224529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArjunLaxmiFL

Triv, not only that. Lakshmi will be shown as masking this 'selling your husband' crap under 'doing it for the parivaar'. I have no qualms about the way the show has adopted. I just won't be able to look at Arjun-Lakshmi's relationship the same way ever again. He is worth 80 crores and that will always be there. No matter how much Lakshmi regrets it later.

I think they tagged Arjun for 5000 crores and not 80 crores. So basically Agnihotri's will become twice richer since before they were 2500 crorepati's. But ya..am unable to like their jodi anymore. I only see money signs in lakshmi's eyes instead of love for Arjun.
ArjunLaxmiFL thumbnail

Originally posted by: In-Sanity-Triv

I think they tagged Arjun for 5000 crores and not 80 crores. So basically Agnihotri's will become twice richer since before they were 2500 crorepati's. But ya..am unable to like their jodi anymore. I only see money signs in lakshmi's eyes instead of love for Arjun.

bahahahaha. Sorry, as soon as I read your post, a flash of Dollar, Richie Rich's dog passed through my mind :P
224529 thumbnail
Actually what I had in mind was the dollar signs in Richie Rich's villians eyes, when they planned on robbing him 🤣
luckyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ArjunLaxmiL I feel you're mistaken ,when the raid was going on , Laxmi had turned her ring from the outside towards the inside of her palm ..
And as far as Dadi ji's money is concerned maybe it was frozen too ..
But as far as a lawyer is concerned ,at least Arjun should've been shown considering SOME legal help ..
If the straits were so dire , how come Laxmi was shown addressing not less than 5/ 7 lawyers ??
Who were those lawyers ??
And whose ??