Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xSaiyaara thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: In-Sanity-Triv

Yes it has lost its charm. The show from my POV started going down the hill when Lakshmi accepted Arjun's deception about being Ajay so easily and forgiving him. It was not natural and made her look like an opportunist. After she came to know that he is Arjun, instead of teaching her how to behave in his house and the rules of the rich, Arjun wasted considerable time spoiling her by fulfilling her silly dreams. That track was so hell boring and unnecessary. Plus they had Lakshmi treating him like royalty by calling him "Aap" it was damn annoying.

I really didn't understand why they were so hell bent on getting married so soon. They only knew each other for a month of so. Arjun should have courted Lakshmi some more. Gotten to know her more. But all he did was encourage her greed. I loved this show and Lakshmi because she was so normal..a little selfish, a little greedy, smart, intelligent with a good business sense. All her flaws didn't make her into a bad person, she knew where to draw the line and what is important.

Now though, all I see is a bimbo with no brains and it pains me 'cause I truly admired and adored Lakshmi. Frankly speaking after watching todays episode in breaks and parts...I have lost all my remaining interest from the show. Not only was Lakshmi an insufferable moron with no brains but Arjun and Soumya scene made me nauseous. There was no need for Arjun to become her knight in shining armor. He could have simply sms'ed her that her zip is a little open and to fix it in the washroom. He didn't need to go close to her at all and give hope to Soumya that Arjun still has feelings for her and cares about her. Soon she will think that she can easily slide Lakshmi out of Arjun's life by regaining his love and affection.

And apparently, for some reason the MLTAK team is hell bent on the polygamy track which I find disgusting. Marriage should be respected. It's called Holy matrimony for a reason. And I agree, if Arjun marries Soumya then it proves that he doesn't love Lakshmi. And if Lakshmi for some reason agrees for Arjun's second marriage and welcomes Soumya and him as a couple like shown in her dream...it proves that she was just obsessed with him and wasn't in love with him. Because believe me, you cannot share your husband or love with any other person...it's just impossible.

They should have listened to us and stretched the before marriage track. They should have shown Lakshmi being enraged with the whole Ajay business and Arjun trying to manao her. They should have shown RV creating some real problems in the lovestory than the lameness that was shown from his side. Khair, no use crying over spilled milk now.

Exactly...I mean, fine she got her dream but the guy has basically lied to you day and night about who he is and that doesn't bother her for even a second? Just because he turns out to be the wealthy prince she wanted...that is the point when it was hard to relate to Lakshmi at all or to feel the "bond" between ArMi

And don't even get me started on the polygamy track...such an insult to marriage and the strength of ArMi's relationship
xSaiyaara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naz_Angel

I would say yes...

Laxmi sounds more opportunistic and dumb...she is annoying many a times..
Arjun has lost his sweet charm...
RV..good for nothing...rather than getting annoyed with his DIL...
Soumya or Purva...whatever we name the character...it only suggests polygamy...its Life Ok or Star Plus...such an ICE AGE track..huh

Simply put and completely true 👏 When Purva felt, I was glad CVs changed their mind but then along comes Saumya 🤪
xSaiyaara thumbnail

Originally posted by: bones88

totally agree😔... if I am still watching the show its only because of shraddha and sudeep's chemistry

Me too...such a waste of good talent...both are good actors and have great chemistry but there is only so much they can do to save the show when the track development and character development is pathetic
xSaiyaara thumbnail

Originally posted by: In-Sanity-Triv

What bugs me is that the same Arjun who told Lakshmi yesterday to not interfere in the business, was so admiring and used to proudly appreciate her business sense before. I don't think this writer is doing justice to Lakshmi's character. They should bring back pehle ke writers, who knew the difference between innocence and utter stupidity.

In some sense, I see that the writers are trying to show her to be innocent...that all this is new to her but that is not what is being conveyed to the audience so they are ultimately failing as writers. And if she is so innocent, how about they use that as a next possible track and get someone to train her regarding the mannerisms of high society (I'll happily watch that as opposed to the polygamy track)

And completely agree with what you said about Arjun...the first true conversation they had, Arjun was impressed with her knowledge but now he won't even give it any importance. I hate how they are butchering both their personalities
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i really expected laksmi to yell arjun and stop talking for few days wiith him when she would no about his truth and then arjun would prove his true love for her...but no. laksmi forgave her so quickly that it compelled me to think she actually loved arjun's wealth

and now her character started irritate me.. with her unnecessary stupid dialogues and attitude...
...Binny... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes this show has lost it's charm not only are they persistent with the bigamy track.. but they are insistent on either dumbing down the character intellectually or changing their characterization entirely to suite their current situation.. someone tell the CV's changing the relationship and the name of an individual does not change the fact we refuse to tolerate a bigamous relationship.. the viewership seems to have declined ever since Laxmi wholeheartedly accepted Ajay was Arjun without a second thought.. if they wanted to maintain their Trp's they would have depicted this in a realistic manner..

I can personally say this particular incident truly annoyed me.. she was to be hurt and demand answers instead we get the fairy tale ending.. she came across childish and money minded.. her behavior henceforth has only emphasized the fact that her dreams are her first priority hence she tends to overlook her surroundings.. in particular the emotional turmoil of her family members.. Yes she eventually acknowledges it but it was far too late... as for Arjun I'm willing to overlook his need to spoil but turning a blind eye to her faults simply encourages her to believe she is perfectly fine.. that needs to change.. !!!
Edited by ...Binny... - 12 years ago