Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

224529 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: luckyp

What type of creative critisism would that be ? Kindly throw some light ..

This is not bashing , this is what is being shown , projected and is being viewed and being perceived by the people in general ..
The characters are haphazard , the main female lead is hazy and the viewer on one hand is being asked to take her as a pure hearted person , but on the other hand she only gabbes about money , white bungalow and expensive things ..
We as viewer are confused ..
The CT itself is not sure how to project her , it's not the viewer's fault ..

No, I think only you and some of your friends are confused.😊 No one else has posted in this topic. Didn't you wonder why everyone else ignored your post? Granted there are many silent members but no one even liked it. Why? Because they get it what you and your friends didn't.

Before I start explaining, let me clarify that if this post is shown or forwarded to ANY member in IF, they will call it bashing instead of creative criticism. The difference between the two is as an example:

Bashing: This show is utter crap. Disgusting and nonsense.

Creative Criticism: What crap are they showing? Can't they show us legit human emotions. I would love to see Mr. A be more realistic and Ms. B confronting him about the so and so misunderstanding between them.

See, the difference? You diss and portray your unhappiness, but also give options and hints about what can make the show better and more to your liking. If you have noticed the other forum posts, then you will see creative criticism instead of out and out bashing like this topic.

Now about the show and the lead. This show never pretended that the lead heroine is the every show's mahaan bhaartiya naari. They were very clear from their first promo, itself that the lead is greedy and thinks money makes the world go around. And they are sticking to that characteristic, how is that being hazy? Also, every character and their characteristics are there for a reason. If Lakshmi hadn't seemed greedy to RV then he wouldn't have been against her and you wouldn't have been so in love with RV's character. Yes, she talks about money, who doesn't? Yes, sometimes the writers go overboard with her enthusiasm and we members are the first ones to point it out instead of bashing. She always admired the white bunglow but she didn't comment about it after her first day.

Everyone has their perception. If you want to see the good side, you will. If you are hell bent on seeing the ugly side, you will. Arjun and we prefer to see the good side. 😊 The CT's are very clear on how they want to portray Lakshmi, you are the one confused for she not your typical Indian mahaan lead. She has flaws like normal human beings.

Light thrown. Did you get a clearer picture?
Edited by In-Sanity-Triv - 12 years ago
KAAcrazy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

i completely agree with u in-sanity-triv...every person has flaw,,,n BTW caring about money doesn't automatically make you a bad person... lets face it, who the hell in this planet doesn't care about money!!!!

i m sorry but i didnt like this post at all!!!!!stop spreading negativity about the serial...if you don't like this then just stop watching it!!!!
luckyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the enlightenment , I agree with most of your points , points taken too ..
All I was doing was expressing myself very clearly , what was needed , was to cover it up with sweetened words , that all ..
At the same time , I'd also like to add , we all like and dislike characters , according to our own ideas and mental make up , maybe I don't run after money , so I dislike certain characters ..
And I'd also like to say people may or may not like my POV , but I stand by it ..
I posted because I wanted to ..
I am eagerly waiting to see the good side of that particular girl , and if at all it comes up , I'll be all praise for her as well ..
Meanwhile as they say , if my views help even a teeny weeny bit to tone down some characters , then it'll be all for a good cause ..
We see what is shown and as a layman we're also entitled to have a say .. I didn't use foul words or any bad words for anyone ..
Yes the main lead leaves me perplexed , that's all ..

Kindly also let me know if this forum is for people in general or only for channel people , so that I'd be clear on this ..

224529 thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckyp

Thanks for the enlightenment , I agree with most of your points , points taken too ..

All I was doing was expressing myself very clearly , what was needed , was to cover it up with sweetened words , that all ..

I have no problem with people expressing themselves clearly. It's the rudeness and the utter lack of respect that gets to me. Have you read your posts after writing them? Please go through them and tell me that this is how you speak to people in real life too. Yes, this is a public forum and you are a stranger, you don't know the cast or the prod team or us; neither do we or they know you, but there is a decorum for everything. I don't see why you cannot express yourself in a more polite manner. Like I explained before, creative criticism works better than bashing. You should give it a try if possible.

At the same time , I'd also like to add , we all like and dislike characters , according to our own ideas and mental make up , maybe I don't run after money , so I dislike certain characters ..

Which indirectly means that people who like Lakshmi are greedyπŸ˜† That's a very limited POV. People don't need to be greedy to understand it. Just like you don't need to be evil to understand it. Like I said before, it's all about perception.

And I'd also like to say people may or may not like my POV , but I stand by it ..
I posted because I wanted to ..

I have no problem with you posting it..if you have a discontentment with the show, the characters or the prod team, you should post it. But not with out and out bashing. They are human beings too, they have feelings. Maybe you don't know them, that doesn't make them faceless or emotionless. Before writing something, you can read it through and wonder if this was written about you, then how would you feel?

I am eagerly waiting to see the good side of that particular girl , and if at all it comes up , I'll be all praise for her as well ..

The girl has shown her good side, time and time again. If you haven't noticed it up until now then I wouldn't hold my breath for you to notice it in the future. πŸ˜†

Meanwhile as they say , if my views help even a teeny weeny bit to tone down some characters , then it'll be all for a good cause ..

Just because you think something is right, doesn't make it right. Maybe the character's you want toned down are meant to be like that, OTT and hyper. The characteristics are there for a reason. It may be important to the storyline. Just because a handful of viewers find it annoying, they can't tone it down, can they? And FYI, no one here wants Dadi to be toned down. She is
fun
. I would kill to get such a Dadi. You may not understand it and that is fine. 😊 If you find her so annoying, mute your tv or change the channel for her scenes.😊 That's what I do for Vishal-Saraswati scenes. I find them boring but that doesn't mean that everybody does or should. I just don't harp about it all the time, that's all.

We see what is shown and as a layman we're also entitled to have a say .. I didn't use foul words or any bad words for anyone ..
Yes the main lead leaves me perplexed , that's all ..

Excuse me, again, I would ask you to please go read your own past posts. There are plenty of foul and bad words for characters as well as the actors. You weren't just expressing your disappointment, it came out as pure hatred and vitriolic. This is a show and nothing to get so personal about. It's fictional but the actors are not. The prod team are not. They do have feelings and as per their claim, they do read the posts in this forum.

The main lead is different than any lead seen so far on Indian TV. I can see why that would perplex anyone but one should try and understand her POV. She is a normal human being with flaws. No one is perfect in this world. Honestly, her flaws are why I liked Lakshmi. I would pick Lakshmi any day over mahaan leads of Indian TV. She is a refreshing change.

Kindly also let me know if this forum is for people in general or only for channel people , so that I'd be clear on this ..

Why can't it be for everyone? Is it a crime to ask for someone to display proper decorum when stating their opinions? Am not asking for you to post creative criticism because the actors may be reading this. Heck, I don't know them and they don't know me. It's not like they are going to give me a reward.πŸ˜† But even if they hadn't visited, I would have asked you to stop the bashing.😊

Edited by In-Sanity-Triv - 12 years ago
luckyp thumbnail
Dear Sir / Mam ,

I thank you for your point by point explaination .

I get the point and also that the characters might be MEANT to behave in a certain manner .

I shall keep your advice in mind henceforth and post in a politer manner .

Maybe I was overenthusiastic and informal in my approach and less circumspect , but believe me I have never been into bashing ..

Please accept my sincere apologies and let bygones be bygones and make a new start ..

Thanks a lot ..
Aj_Styles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

luckyp - Your sane dude. :P

luv.u.zindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
i have just recently discovered this show, and i must say that i really enjoy it. I do respect everyones point of view, everyone has their own opinions and we are all entitled to freely voice it out. But i would really appreciate if people would consider and think about what they are going to say before they speak. The CVs, production, actors - everyone associated with the creation of the show are all woking very hard. Its not necessary that we will all agree with or like the current track. Laxmi's character does have flaws, just like all the other charcters. And even in the real world, no one is perfect. We all have flaws, and i believe that it is these flaws that make us more interesting and unique. So i would really appreciate if people would stop putting up bashing comments. If you do have something negative to say, then thats fine, you may do so, but there is no reason to be utterly rude about it. 😊
billaway thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: luv.u.zindagi

i have just recently discovered this show, and i must say that i really enjoy it. I do respect everyones point of view, everyone has their own opinions and we are all entitled to freely voice it out. But i would really appreciate if people would consider and think about what they are going to say before they speak. The CVs, production, actors - everyone associated with the creation of the show are all woking very hard. Its not necessary that we will all agree with or like the current track. Laxmi's character does have flaws, just like all the other charcters. And even in the real world, no one is perfect. We all have flaws, and i believe that it is these flaws that make us more interesting and unique. So i would really appreciate if people would stop putting up bashing comments. If you do have something negative to say, then thats fine, you may do so, but there is no reason to be utterly rude about it. 😊

Well said πŸ˜‰
luckyp thumbnail
I was corrected once and I've duely apologised for it ,

now I'd appreciate if you people stop bashing as well .

Thanks a lot ..
ArjunLaxmiFL thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Go Triv! OH MY GOD. I couldn't stop grinning like a chesire cat after read your posts. They were way too logical for my understanding. I read them twice and I still can't stop smiling. You're the best. Even though I felt like joining lucky bhaiya's campaign a few days back, I knew I couldn't get as aggressive with words as he/she can. I'm so glad you said all that. Even in these adverse times :D Triv, respect!

P.S: Did I mention that I'm still smiling? Oh yes, I did. Triv, you're absolutely amazing at this. I'll get you to write all my debates.

And a biggg hug to you! I can't wipe this grin off my face. :D